we have spent magnificent 10 days on the Lofoten Islands last winter to enjoy the winter landscape and to see and photograph the northern lights once again.
I have posted a travelogue on my (non-commercial) website with lots of photos.
Our first trip to the North was in 2012 when we were able to experience the northern lights the first time. Be careful, they are addictive!!
Here is the link to our trip report 2012:
I hope you enjoy reading and viewing the pictures.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Summer Travel order
- 2 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 3 Another tipping question: concierges
- 4 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 5 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 6 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 7 Trip suggestion
- 8 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 9 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 10 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 11 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 12 Spain in July
- 13 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 14 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 15 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 16 Dijon in December!
- 17 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 18 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 19 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 20 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 21 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 22 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 23 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 24 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 25 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
Trip reports - Norway: chasing the northern lights