we have spent magnificent 10 days on the Lofoten Islands last winter to enjoy the winter landscape and to see and photograph the northern lights once again.
I have posted a travelogue on my (non-commercial) website with lots of photos.
Our first trip to the North was in 2012 when we were able to experience the northern lights the first time. Be careful, they are addictive!!
Here is the link to our trip report 2012:
I hope you enjoy reading and viewing the pictures.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Trip reports - Norway: chasing the northern lights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 2 Europe in 21 days
- 3 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 4 Spain Questions
- 5 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 6 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 7 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 8 Avignon to London?
- 9 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 10 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 11 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 12 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 13 Day Trips from Avignon via train/bus
- 14 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 15 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 16 one last portugal car rental question
- 17 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 18 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 19 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 20 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 21 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 22 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 23 Street food in Turkey
- 24 Dublin Hostels
- 25 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014