I recently posted a Bruges trip report on my blog and thought I would share it with the Forum.
We did an easy overnight from Paris via train. The canals, history, shopping and beer make Bruges a wonderful destination that we heartily recommend. We stayed near Markt Square which made everything walkable. Unfortunately I can't recommend our hotel. It was a bit too basic for us (and we're not high-end travelers!) but at least the location was good.
The boat ride on the canal was well worth the time and a wonderful way to get a sense of the city. It will work up a healthy appetite for a beer - and I can recommend a stop at Bierbrasserie Cambrinus where the house beer is the best on earth! To my great surprise, every meal was excellent and affordable.
There is more detail in the two blog posts - the upshot: I loved Bruges and it was well worth the time and effort to stop there!
Trip Report: Overnight in Bruges
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 2 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 3 Nice Video about Poland
- 4 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!
- 5 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 6 itinerary help
- 7 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 8 Reims for a day
- 9 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 10 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 11 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 12 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 13 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 14 Toulouse and beyond -
- 15 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 16 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 17 What country would you pair with Turkey? Greece?
- 18 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 19 Scotland
- 20 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 21 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 22 Can't choose between Seville and Granada!
- 23 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 24 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 25 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London