I recently posted a Bruges trip report on my blog and thought I would share it with the Forum.
We did an easy overnight from Paris via train. The canals, history, shopping and beer make Bruges a wonderful destination that we heartily recommend. We stayed near Markt Square which made everything walkable. Unfortunately I can't recommend our hotel. It was a bit too basic for us (and we're not high-end travelers!) but at least the location was good.
The boat ride on the canal was well worth the time and a wonderful way to get a sense of the city. It will work up a healthy appetite for a beer - and I can recommend a stop at Bierbrasserie Cambrinus where the house beer is the best on earth! To my great surprise, every meal was excellent and affordable.
There is more detail in the two blog posts - the upshot: I loved Bruges and it was well worth the time and effort to stop there!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich restaurant recs
- 2 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card
- 3 Naples or Genoa
- 4 Auber metro station incident 27.08.16
- 5 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 6 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 7 I forgot my international driver permit
- 8 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 9 Prague old town
- 10 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 11 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 12 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 13 Train Ticket Help
- 14 Home base for a month in France?
- 15 5 Days in Dublin
- 16 Greece in 15 Days
- 17 Procida for a day (or part of one) versus time on Capri
- 18 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 19 Our European adventures
- 20 20 free days of Europe
- 21 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 22 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 23 Bordeaux TRIP
- 24 Barcelona completely overrated
- 25 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED