I recently posted a Bruges trip report on my blog and thought I would share it with the Forum.
We did an easy overnight from Paris via train. The canals, history, shopping and beer make Bruges a wonderful destination that we heartily recommend. We stayed near Markt Square which made everything walkable. Unfortunately I can't recommend our hotel. It was a bit too basic for us (and we're not high-end travelers!) but at least the location was good.
The boat ride on the canal was well worth the time and a wonderful way to get a sense of the city. It will work up a healthy appetite for a beer - and I can recommend a stop at Bierbrasserie Cambrinus where the house beer is the best on earth! To my great surprise, every meal was excellent and affordable.
There is more detail in the two blog posts - the upshot: I loved Bruges and it was well worth the time and effort to stop there!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia Spain
- 2 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 3 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 4 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 5 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 6 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 7 Barcelona - places to stay
- 8 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 9 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 10 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 11 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 12 Christmas Markets 2017
- 13 Language to use in Belgium
- 14 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 15 Istanbul at Easter
- 16 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 17 Palermo Apartment
- 18 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 19 SURPRISE TRIP
- 20 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 21 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 22 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 23 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 24 Fado in Lisbon
- 25 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??