I recently posted a Bruges trip report on my blog and thought I would share it with the Forum.
We did an easy overnight from Paris via train. The canals, history, shopping and beer make Bruges a wonderful destination that we heartily recommend. We stayed near Markt Square which made everything walkable. Unfortunately I can't recommend our hotel. It was a bit too basic for us (and we're not high-end travelers!) but at least the location was good.
The boat ride on the canal was well worth the time and a wonderful way to get a sense of the city. It will work up a healthy appetite for a beer - and I can recommend a stop at Bierbrasserie Cambrinus where the house beer is the best on earth! To my great surprise, every meal was excellent and affordable.
There is more detail in the two blog posts - the upshot: I loved Bruges and it was well worth the time and effort to stop there!
Trip Report: Overnight in Bruges
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 2 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 3 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 4 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 5 Madrid and London
- 6 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 7 What to wear
- 8 italy
- 9 Apartments in Verona and Bologna
- 10 Side trip from Geneva
- 11 Agritourism bed-and-breakfast in Normandy: Recommendations?
- 12 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 13 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 14 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 15 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 16 7 Nights in Paris
- 17 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 18 21 Days in Central Europe
- 19 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 20 Travel & Landscape Photography from around the world
- 21 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 22 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 23 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 24 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 25 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?