I recently posted a Bruges trip report on my blog and thought I would share it with the Forum.
We did an easy overnight from Paris via train. The canals, history, shopping and beer make Bruges a wonderful destination that we heartily recommend. We stayed near Markt Square which made everything walkable. Unfortunately I can't recommend our hotel. It was a bit too basic for us (and we're not high-end travelers!) but at least the location was good.
The boat ride on the canal was well worth the time and a wonderful way to get a sense of the city. It will work up a healthy appetite for a beer - and I can recommend a stop at Bierbrasserie Cambrinus where the house beer is the best on earth! To my great surprise, every meal was excellent and affordable.
There is more detail in the two blog posts - the upshot: I loved Bruges and it was well worth the time and effort to stop there!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 2 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 3 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 4 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 5 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 6 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 7 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 8 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 9 Food in Positano
- 10 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 11 Ireland hotel questions
- 12 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 13 Italy
- 14 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 15 3 weeks in Spain
- 16 Emergencies in Ireland
- 17 If you had to choose one......
- 18 How to Pick Up Vatican Tickets
- 19 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 20 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 21 Suggest Itinerary for 2 Nights in Lake District - Grasmere
- 22 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 23 Boat hire in Arcachon
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas