I recently posted a Bruges trip report on my blog and thought I would share it with the Forum.
We did an easy overnight from Paris via train. The canals, history, shopping and beer make Bruges a wonderful destination that we heartily recommend. We stayed near Markt Square which made everything walkable. Unfortunately I can't recommend our hotel. It was a bit too basic for us (and we're not high-end travelers!) but at least the location was good.
The boat ride on the canal was well worth the time and a wonderful way to get a sense of the city. It will work up a healthy appetite for a beer - and I can recommend a stop at Bierbrasserie Cambrinus where the house beer is the best on earth! To my great surprise, every meal was excellent and affordable.
There is more detail in the two blog posts - the upshot: I loved Bruges and it was well worth the time and effort to stop there!
Trip Report: Overnight in Bruges
- 1 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 2 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 3 Rome Accommodation
- 4 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 5 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 6 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 7 rent car / Munich
- 8 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 Italian Lakes gardens
- 11 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 12 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 13 Greek islands from Turkey
- 14 Chambermaid tipping
- 15 TGV and Provence questions
- 16 Novels set in Greece
- 17 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 18 To Paris and Provence in June
- 19 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 20 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 21 More help with housing in Puglia
- 22 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 23 Euro Train
- 24 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 25 Weekend in Lake Bled?