I recently posted a Bruges trip report on my blog and thought I would share it with the Forum.
We did an easy overnight from Paris via train. The canals, history, shopping and beer make Bruges a wonderful destination that we heartily recommend. We stayed near Markt Square which made everything walkable. Unfortunately I can't recommend our hotel. It was a bit too basic for us (and we're not high-end travelers!) but at least the location was good.
The boat ride on the canal was well worth the time and a wonderful way to get a sense of the city. It will work up a healthy appetite for a beer - and I can recommend a stop at Bierbrasserie Cambrinus where the house beer is the best on earth! To my great surprise, every meal was excellent and affordable.
There is more detail in the two blog posts - the upshot: I loved Bruges and it was well worth the time and effort to stop there!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Camino Redux
- 2 Breakfast: London
- 3 1st time in London - Location wise, which would be the better for us?
- 4 Pylos to Corinth with two days to spare, perhaps in Arcadia?
- 5 Athens, Greece--transfer from airport to downtown hotel
- 6 Return hire car to Athens airport early tomorrow morning
- 7 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 8 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 9 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 10 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 11 A weekend in Jurassic Coast
- 12 How to ask for glass or carafe of tap water in Portuguese
- 13 Amalfi Coast by Car
- 14 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 15 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 16 5 minutes to change trains in La Spezia???
- 17 What is your favorite travel app?
- 18 PLITVICE LAKES
- 19 Porto Portugal Hotels
- 20 5 Irish in Amsterdam, Dresden, Berlin
- 21 France and Switzerland in 15 days
- 22 Berlin to Barcelona
- 23 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 24 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 25 Day trips from Amsterdam