I recently posted a Bruges trip report on my blog and thought I would share it with the Forum.
We did an easy overnight from Paris via train. The canals, history, shopping and beer make Bruges a wonderful destination that we heartily recommend. We stayed near Markt Square which made everything walkable. Unfortunately I can't recommend our hotel. It was a bit too basic for us (and we're not high-end travelers!) but at least the location was good.
The boat ride on the canal was well worth the time and a wonderful way to get a sense of the city. It will work up a healthy appetite for a beer - and I can recommend a stop at Bierbrasserie Cambrinus where the house beer is the best on earth! To my great surprise, every meal was excellent and affordable.
There is more detail in the two blog posts - the upshot: I loved Bruges and it was well worth the time and effort to stop there!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 2 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 3 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 4 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 5 First time in France
- 6 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 7 20 days in Great Britain - Self Drive Itinerary Ideas
- 8 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 9 Prague hotels
- 10 London - Apartment Rental companies
- 11 Munich
- 12 Puglia or La Langhe
- 13 What to expect over Christmas
- 14 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 15 English Countryside
- 16 Manchester Christmas Markets 2016
- 17 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 18 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 19 Are you looking Benefits Webdesign Hull?
- 20 did anyone familiar with p-airbus for airport transportation?
- 21 Italy/Greece with kids
- 22 Rome
- 23 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 24 Need help in travel planning
- 25 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?