I recently posted a Bruges trip report on my blog and thought I would share it with the Forum.
We did an easy overnight from Paris via train. The canals, history, shopping and beer make Bruges a wonderful destination that we heartily recommend. We stayed near Markt Square which made everything walkable. Unfortunately I can't recommend our hotel. It was a bit too basic for us (and we're not high-end travelers!) but at least the location was good.
The boat ride on the canal was well worth the time and a wonderful way to get a sense of the city. It will work up a healthy appetite for a beer - and I can recommend a stop at Bierbrasserie Cambrinus where the house beer is the best on earth! To my great surprise, every meal was excellent and affordable.
There is more detail in the two blog posts - the upshot: I loved Bruges and it was well worth the time and effort to stop there!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 2 Shopping Paris for Teenage Girl
- 3 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 4 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 5 European Championship
- 6 Tipping for private van/bus driver in Ireland?
- 7 What about Basque Country?
- 8 italy itinerary request
- 9 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 10 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 11 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
- 12 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 13 Best Cities in Ukraine - Chernivtsi
- 14 Off to Ireland again! Solo trip...
- 15 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 16 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 17 Palma de Mallorca
- 18 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 19 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 20 Sagrada Familia-Guide or Audio
- 21 Terminal 1 CDG Airport to Le Bus Direct Line 2 Station Airport
- 22 currency
- 23 My San Sebastian ideas
- 24 Tuscany: Which town(s) to stay in if main priorities are wine & food?
- 25 Nuremberg daytrip..train or car ?