I write for a few outlets and wanted to share my recent report on Forbes detailing exactly how to spend three fabulous days, and four nights, in Southern Corsica. The article, including a dozen photos, can be viewed here:
Although we are headed into winter, Corsican hoteliers are hoping to turn the balmy, beautiful island into a year-round destination. Whether you’re planning a getaway next spring or summer, here’s my detailed guide to a quick Corsican holiday.
Napoleon Bonaparte claimed he dreamt of the feral aromatics of his Corsican homeland. I learned as much after remarking, while in the company of someone knowledgeable of the island’s native son, that I could smell Corsica. While standing atop an oversized boulder, mesmerized by the sight of a turquoise bay of poetic beauty, I picked up the aromas of the surrounding brush. At first, I mistook the peppery-balsamic notes for wild rosemary. Known as maquis corse, or Corsican scrub, the dense mix of evergreen herbs, bushes, and wildflowers, blankets nearly a quarter of the island and gently perfumes its air. Fortunately, Corsica looks and tastes as good as it smells . With a spine of rugged mountain peaks, a fringe of spectacular beaches, plus a rich food and wine culture, this wild French island appeals to travelers with a variety of sybaritic interests.
With only three days to visit, I focused my agenda around the southern tip near Porto-Vecchio and Bonifacio. My goal was to create the perfect itinerary for first-time visitors that encompassed stays at luxury properties, meals of fine and regional cuisine, local wines, and afternoons on postcard-worthy beaches.
To read the full itinerary (too long to repost here), follow this link: http://www.forbes.com/sites/lmowery/2016/10/26/southern-corsica-the-perfect-three-day-itinerary-for-sybarites/#49345fd258bc
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 2 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 3 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 4 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 5 Travel by car from Venice to Croatia
- 6 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 7 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 8 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 9 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 10 Prague - ATMs and Cash
- 11 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 12 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 13 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 14 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 15 Am i too dark to visit russia? Picture
- 16 "Never Mind"
- 17 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 18 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 19 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 20 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 21 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 22 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 23 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 24 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 25 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
Trip Report on A Perfect Three Days in S. Corsica