I write for a few outlets and wanted to share my recent report on Forbes detailing exactly how to spend three fabulous days, and four nights, in Southern Corsica. The article, including a dozen photos, can be viewed here:
Although we are headed into winter, Corsican hoteliers are hoping to turn the balmy, beautiful island into a year-round destination. Whether you’re planning a getaway next spring or summer, here’s my detailed guide to a quick Corsican holiday.
Napoleon Bonaparte claimed he dreamt of the feral aromatics of his Corsican homeland. I learned as much after remarking, while in the company of someone knowledgeable of the island’s native son, that I could smell Corsica. While standing atop an oversized boulder, mesmerized by the sight of a turquoise bay of poetic beauty, I picked up the aromas of the surrounding brush. At first, I mistook the peppery-balsamic notes for wild rosemary. Known as maquis corse, or Corsican scrub, the dense mix of evergreen herbs, bushes, and wildflowers, blankets nearly a quarter of the island and gently perfumes its air. Fortunately, Corsica looks and tastes as good as it smells . With a spine of rugged mountain peaks, a fringe of spectacular beaches, plus a rich food and wine culture, this wild French island appeals to travelers with a variety of sybaritic interests.
With only three days to visit, I focused my agenda around the southern tip near Porto-Vecchio and Bonifacio. My goal was to create the perfect itinerary for first-time visitors that encompassed stays at luxury properties, meals of fine and regional cuisine, local wines, and afternoons on postcard-worthy beaches.
To read the full itinerary (too long to repost here), follow this link: http://www.forbes.com/sites/lmowery/2016/10/26/southern-corsica-the-perfect-three-day-itinerary-for-sybarites/#49345fd258bc
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 2 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 3 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 4 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
- 5 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 6 SE ITALY
- 7 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 8 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 9 Helpful Hint
- 10 Romania : Tip in restaurants.
- 11 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 12 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 13 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 14 Itinerary for Italy, Slovenia and Croatia in December 2017
- 15 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 16 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 17 Croatia short sail trip
- 18 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 19 6 Days in Italy
- 20 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 21 Stu Tower
- 22 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 23 two weeks in England including a mini Fodor get together
- 24 Two weeks in Greece early October
- 25 London and Paris - 3 days each
Trip Report on A Perfect Three Days in S. Corsica