This past June, I and my sibling embarked on our first ever trip to Europe on our own much to our family's trepidation (I'm 24 and she's 16). We spent 17 days between Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice) and Paris. I'm a little obsessive-compulsive by nature so before going I did a ton of research about places in each city. All the travel tips I gathered from Fodor's and other travel forums really helped us have the best possible experience. By the end of the trip, I promised myself I would write exhaustive reports however long it'd take. It did take me quite a while indeed, but I'm well on my way to finish them all.
So, after 12 days in Italy (you can read my Italy trip report here: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/report-p2-5-days-in-florence-tuscany-cinque-terre-life-is-complete.cfm) we had 5 more days to explore Paris. 5 days in Paris mean absolutely nothing, but thanks to the weather (for the most part) and a lot of walking, we managed to get to know Paris in an intimate way and enjoyed it immensely. I used to live in New York and had this silly thought that it's the best city in the world, but after Paris I've started to have a second thought and would move there in a heartbeat Anyway, below are the links where I write in depth about where we went and what we did in each day (day 4 & 5 coming soon) along with photos
Hope it's marginally helpful for everyone who will be visiting Paris soon (you're really lucky). If you have any question, let me know. I'm happy to answer to the best of my ability. Enjoy!
Trip Report- Fantastic 5 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 2 Southern Spain
- 3 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 4 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 5 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 6 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 7 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 8 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 9 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 10 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 11 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 12 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 13 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 14 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 15 All Set To Go!!
- 16 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 17 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 18 Which european city?
- 19 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 20 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 21 Scotland November 2015
- 22 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 23 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 24 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 25 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)