This past June, I and my sibling embarked on our first ever trip to Europe on our own much to our family's trepidation (I'm 24 and she's 16). We spent 17 days between Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice) and Paris. I'm a little obsessive-compulsive by nature so before going I did a ton of research about places in each city. All the travel tips I gathered from Fodor's and other travel forums really helped us have the best possible experience. By the end of the trip, I promised myself I would write exhaustive reports however long it'd take. It did take me quite a while indeed, but I'm well on my way to finish them all.
So, after 12 days in Italy (you can read my Italy trip report here: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/report-p2-5-days-in-florence-tuscany-cinque-terre-life-is-complete.cfm) we had 5 more days to explore Paris. 5 days in Paris mean absolutely nothing, but thanks to the weather (for the most part) and a lot of walking, we managed to get to know Paris in an intimate way and enjoyed it immensely. I used to live in New York and had this silly thought that it's the best city in the world, but after Paris I've started to have a second thought and would move there in a heartbeat Anyway, below are the links where I write in depth about where we went and what we did in each day (day 4 & 5 coming soon) along with photos
Hope it's marginally helpful for everyone who will be visiting Paris soon (you're really lucky). If you have any question, let me know. I'm happy to answer to the best of my ability. Enjoy!
Trip Report- Fantastic 5 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 2 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 3 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 4 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 5 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 6 What still confounds you about travel?
- 7 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 8 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 9 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 10 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 11 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 12 Chip but no PIN
- 13 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 14 italy
- 15 Madrid and London
- 16 Ryanair Cabin Luggage
- 17 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 18 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 19 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 20 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 21 Pronunciation
- 22 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 23 Golfing in Ireland
- 24 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 25 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?