This past June, I and my sibling embarked on our first ever trip to Europe on our own much to our family's trepidation (I'm 24 and she's 16). We spent 17 days between Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice) and Paris. I'm a little obsessive-compulsive by nature so before going I did a ton of research about places in each city. All the travel tips I gathered from Fodor's and other travel forums really helped us have the best possible experience. By the end of the trip, I promised myself I would write exhaustive reports however long it'd take. It did take me quite a while indeed, but I'm well on my way to finish them all.
So, after 12 days in Italy (you can read my Italy trip report here: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/report-p2-5-days-in-florence-tuscany-cinque-terre-life-is-complete.cfm) we had 5 more days to explore Paris. 5 days in Paris mean absolutely nothing, but thanks to the weather (for the most part) and a lot of walking, we managed to get to know Paris in an intimate way and enjoyed it immensely. I used to live in New York and had this silly thought that it's the best city in the world, but after Paris I've started to have a second thought and would move there in a heartbeat Anyway, below are the links where I write in depth about where we went and what we did in each day (day 4 & 5 coming soon) along with photos
Hope it's marginally helpful for everyone who will be visiting Paris soon (you're really lucky). If you have any question, let me know. I'm happy to answer to the best of my ability. Enjoy!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 2 Looking for Tour in Italy
- 3 Amalfi coast
- 4 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 5 Ideas for travel (hiking) in Northern Italy
- 6 Rail pass question
- 7 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 8 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 9 12 days europe
- 10 Zynev is Scam? READ Before Try It
- 11 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 12 If you had four months...
- 13 Trip Report: a Douro river cruise and Porto
- 14 Day Trips out of Portland, Dorset
- 15 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 16 GD Designs Rochdale Reviews (30)
- 17 Convents in Venice
- 18 cell phone companys
- 19 Itinerary Help B&Bs
- 20 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 21 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 22 3 days to spend in europe
- 23 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 24 Berlin restaurant recs
- 25 flying into Lyon..have 10 days
Trip Report- Fantastic 5 nights in Paris