This past June, I and my sibling embarked on our first ever trip to Europe on our own much to our family's trepidation (I'm 24 and she's 16). We spent 17 days between Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice) and Paris. I'm a little obsessive-compulsive by nature so before going I did a ton of research about places in each city. All the travel tips I gathered from Fodor's and other travel forums really helped us have the best possible experience. By the end of the trip, I promised myself I would write exhaustive reports however long it'd take. It did take me quite a while indeed, but I'm well on my way to finish them all.
So, after 12 days in Italy (you can read my Italy trip report here: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/report-p2-5-days-in-florence-tuscany-cinque-terre-life-is-complete.cfm) we had 5 more days to explore Paris. 5 days in Paris mean absolutely nothing, but thanks to the weather (for the most part) and a lot of walking, we managed to get to know Paris in an intimate way and enjoyed it immensely. I used to live in New York and had this silly thought that it's the best city in the world, but after Paris I've started to have a second thought and would move there in a heartbeat Anyway, below are the links where I write in depth about where we went and what we did in each day (day 4 & 5 coming soon) along with photos
Hope it's marginally helpful for everyone who will be visiting Paris soon (you're really lucky). If you have any question, let me know. I'm happy to answer to the best of my ability. Enjoy!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cost of Van from CDG
- 2 the plenty in order that contributors
- 3 One Way... trust or bust?
- 4 Walking GPS?
- 5 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 6 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 7 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 8 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 9 Has anyone used AtlasChoice for a car rental?
- 10 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 11 Hi altitude limitations in Switzerland
- 12 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 13 Capri, Amalfi Coast, Naples in late June/early July
- 14 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 15 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 16 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 17 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 18 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 19 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 20 Rome to Cascia - is it better by train or bus?
- 21 Portugal trains
- 22 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 23 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 24 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 25 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
Trip Report- Fantastic 5 nights in Paris