This past June, I and my sibling embarked on our first ever trip to Europe on our own much to our family's trepidation (I'm 24 and she's 16). We spent 17 days between Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice) and Paris. I'm a little obsessive-compulsive by nature so before going I did a ton of research about places in each city. All the travel tips I gathered from Fodor's and other travel forums really helped us have the best possible experience. By the end of the trip, I promised myself I would write exhaustive reports however long it'd take. It did take me quite a while indeed, but I'm well on my way to finish them all.
So, after 12 days in Italy (you can read my Italy trip report here: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/report-p2-5-days-in-florence-tuscany-cinque-terre-life-is-complete.cfm) we had 5 more days to explore Paris. 5 days in Paris mean absolutely nothing, but thanks to the weather (for the most part) and a lot of walking, we managed to get to know Paris in an intimate way and enjoyed it immensely. I used to live in New York and had this silly thought that it's the best city in the world, but after Paris I've started to have a second thought and would move there in a heartbeat Anyway, below are the links where I write in depth about where we went and what we did in each day (day 4 & 5 coming soon) along with photos
Hope it's marginally helpful for everyone who will be visiting Paris soon (you're really lucky). If you have any question, let me know. I'm happy to answer to the best of my ability. Enjoy!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 2 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 3 Rue des Rosiers
- 4 Paris, France
- 5 Suggestions for base in the Var
- 6 sfo to europe
- 7 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 8 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 9 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 10 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 11 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 12 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 13 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 14 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 15 Help with Scotland itinerary
- 16 Take your time to see San Gimignano
- 17 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 18 Italy museum tickets
- 19 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 20 What one thing in Paris?
- 21 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 22 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 23 Honeymoon in Greece & Norway April/May 2016
- 24 Help with air/train logistics in U.K.!
- 25 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
Trip Report- Fantastic 5 nights in Paris