This past June, I and my sibling embarked on our first ever trip to Europe on our own much to our family's trepidation (I'm 24 and she's 16). We spent 17 days between Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice) and Paris. I'm a little obsessive-compulsive by nature so before going I did a ton of research about places in each city. All the travel tips I gathered from Fodor's and other travel forums really helped us have the best possible experience. By the end of the trip, I promised myself I would write exhaustive reports however long it'd take. It did take me quite a while indeed, but I'm well on my way to finish them all.
So, after 12 days in Italy (you can read my Italy trip report here: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/report-p2-5-days-in-florence-tuscany-cinque-terre-life-is-complete.cfm) we had 5 more days to explore Paris. 5 days in Paris mean absolutely nothing, but thanks to the weather (for the most part) and a lot of walking, we managed to get to know Paris in an intimate way and enjoyed it immensely. I used to live in New York and had this silly thought that it's the best city in the world, but after Paris I've started to have a second thought and would move there in a heartbeat Anyway, below are the links where I write in depth about where we went and what we did in each day (day 4 & 5 coming soon) along with photos
Hope it's marginally helpful for everyone who will be visiting Paris soon (you're really lucky). If you have any question, let me know. I'm happy to answer to the best of my ability. Enjoy!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://healthnbeautyfacts.com/sytropin-hgh-spray/
- 2 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 3 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 4 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 5 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 6 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 7 Wine Tour in Florence/Tuscany
- 8 Flamenco concerts in Madrid
- 9 Europe itinerary review
- 10 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 11 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 12 Train passes
- 13 Best places in Paris to catch Pokémon?
- 14 Girls Trip to Rome!
- 15 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 16 3 Days in Naples...
- 17 Les bons plans de whathello - paris - hotel
- 18 Timing when visiting the Dordogne Department
- 19 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 20 Our time in Rome
- 21 Renting International Cars from USA
- 22 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 23 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 24 Enjoying England for a year!
- 25 Spain - Advice for Beach towns
Trip Report- Fantastic 5 nights in Paris