This past June, I and my sibling embarked on our first ever trip to Europe on our own much to our family's trepidation (I'm 24 and she's 16). We spent 17 days between Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice) and Paris. I'm a little obsessive-compulsive by nature so before going I did a ton of research about places in each city. All the travel tips I gathered from Fodor's and other travel forums really helped us have the best possible experience. By the end of the trip, I promised myself I would write exhaustive reports however long it'd take. It did take me quite a while indeed, but I'm well on my way to finish them all.
So, after 12 days in Italy (you can read my Italy trip report here: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/report-p2-5-days-in-florence-tuscany-cinque-terre-life-is-complete.cfm) we had 5 more days to explore Paris. 5 days in Paris mean absolutely nothing, but thanks to the weather (for the most part) and a lot of walking, we managed to get to know Paris in an intimate way and enjoyed it immensely. I used to live in New York and had this silly thought that it's the best city in the world, but after Paris I've started to have a second thought and would move there in a heartbeat Anyway, below are the links where I write in depth about where we went and what we did in each day (day 4 & 5 coming soon) along with photos
Hope it's marginally helpful for everyone who will be visiting Paris soon (you're really lucky). If you have any question, let me know. I'm happy to answer to the best of my ability. Enjoy!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 임팩트바둑이 c p s 33 . c o m
- 2 Schengen Rule
- 3 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 4 It’s Thursday, it must be Seyðisfjörður. A 10 day Iceland road trip
- 5 Russia in two weeks in December
- 6 9 Days in Spain
- 7 Orvieto - dealbreaker? Hourly bell chimes even in the night?
- 8 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 9 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 10 Our future trip to Greece
- 11 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 12 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 13 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 14 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 15 Quizz !
- 16 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 17 Pay attention to your watches !
- 18 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 19 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 20 Spanish Medical Providers
- 21 Christmas Day in Granada
- 22 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 23 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 24 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 25 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
Trip Report- Fantastic 5 nights in Paris