This past June, I and my sibling embarked on our first ever trip to Europe on our own much to our family's trepidation (I'm 24 and she's 16). We spent 17 days between Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice) and Paris. I'm a little obsessive-compulsive by nature so before going I did a ton of research about places in each city. All the travel tips I gathered from Fodor's and other travel forums really helped us have the best possible experience. By the end of the trip, I promised myself I would write exhaustive reports however long it'd take. It did take me quite a while indeed, but I'm well on my way to finish them all.
So, after 12 days in Italy (you can read my Italy trip report here: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/report-p2-5-days-in-florence-tuscany-cinque-terre-life-is-complete.cfm) we had 5 more days to explore Paris. 5 days in Paris mean absolutely nothing, but thanks to the weather (for the most part) and a lot of walking, we managed to get to know Paris in an intimate way and enjoyed it immensely. I used to live in New York and had this silly thought that it's the best city in the world, but after Paris I've started to have a second thought and would move there in a heartbeat Anyway, below are the links where I write in depth about where we went and what we did in each day (day 4 & 5 coming soon) along with photos
Hope it's marginally helpful for everyone who will be visiting Paris soon (you're really lucky). If you have any question, let me know. I'm happy to answer to the best of my ability. Enjoy!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 2 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 3 Need help identifying something in Barcelona
- 4 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 5 Which order should I travel
- 6 Which order should I travel
- 7 Which order should I travel
- 8 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 9 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 10 Train questions for Switzerland
- 11 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 12 Cote d'Azur & Provence Itinerary - Stu Dudley's new/revised edition
- 13 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 14 Paris gtg in October?
- 15 Normandy - driving trip
- 16 Trains France/Switzerland
- 17 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 18 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 19 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 20 Is 2hr25m layover enough to collect and recheck baggage?
- 21 Searching for beach town in Amalfi area for summer holiday
- 22 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 23 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 24 Reflections on our Trip to Barcelona, Languedoc, Dordogne and Paris
- 25 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
Trip Report- Fantastic 5 nights in Paris