This past June, I and my sibling embarked on our first ever trip to Europe on our own much to our family's trepidation (I'm 24 and she's 16). We spent 17 days between Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice) and Paris. I'm a little obsessive-compulsive by nature so before going I did a ton of research about places in each city. All the travel tips I gathered from Fodor's and other travel forums really helped us have the best possible experience. By the end of the trip, I promised myself I would write exhaustive reports however long it'd take. It did take me quite a while indeed, but I'm well on my way to finish them all.
So, after 12 days in Italy (you can read my Italy trip report here: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/report-p2-5-days-in-florence-tuscany-cinque-terre-life-is-complete.cfm) we had 5 more days to explore Paris. 5 days in Paris mean absolutely nothing, but thanks to the weather (for the most part) and a lot of walking, we managed to get to know Paris in an intimate way and enjoyed it immensely. I used to live in New York and had this silly thought that it's the best city in the world, but after Paris I've started to have a second thought and would move there in a heartbeat Anyway, below are the links where I write in depth about where we went and what we did in each day (day 4 & 5 coming soon) along with photos
Hope it's marginally helpful for everyone who will be visiting Paris soon (you're really lucky). If you have any question, let me know. I'm happy to answer to the best of my ability. Enjoy!
Trip Report- Fantastic 5 nights in Paris
- 1 Italy: Planning a honeymoon....HELP!!!!
- 2 Am I too fat too travel?
- 3 Esperas vs. Filoterra Villas
- 4 Sad news: Le Drouot, 103 rue Richelieu, is no more
- 5 3 days in Barcelona
- 6 Paris-Barcelona now with the AVE high speed train
- 7 Using Plastic in Britain Now Includes Spending Pounds...
- 8 14 days to travel Europe...topdeck vs busabout
- 9 Airbnb Launches Media blitz...with Bird Houses...
- 10 Traveling within Italy
- 11 Europe Tour Companies May/June 2014 (24 yr old & Nana)
- 12 London Theater/re: "Pure Nonsense"? or what?
- 13 Prague to Poland
- 14 An American Solo in Paris - My itinerary (Help)
- 15 110 Taillevant Paris (Dining Room or with the Sommeliers)
- 16 Roof Collapses on London's Crowded Appollo Theatre...
- 17 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 18 Berlin (with Dresden) Trip Report
- 19 8 days in Malta - Itinerary Suggestions
- 20 Santorini Hotel
- 21 New Year in Lisbon, Portugal
- 22 DeGaulle Airport
- 23 9 nights in Ireland
- 24 Do Cabs in Rome accept credit card for payment?
- 25 Anniversary Weekend in Paris