This past June, I and my sibling embarked on our first ever trip to Europe on our own much to our family's trepidation (I'm 24 and she's 16). We spent 17 days between Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice) and Paris. I'm a little obsessive-compulsive by nature so before going I did a ton of research about places in each city. All the travel tips I gathered from Fodor's and other travel forums really helped us have the best possible experience. By the end of the trip, I promised myself I would write exhaustive reports however long it'd take. It did take me quite a while indeed, but I'm well on my way to finish them all.
So, after 12 days in Italy (you can read my Italy trip report here: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/report-p2-5-days-in-florence-tuscany-cinque-terre-life-is-complete.cfm) we had 5 more days to explore Paris. 5 days in Paris mean absolutely nothing, but thanks to the weather (for the most part) and a lot of walking, we managed to get to know Paris in an intimate way and enjoyed it immensely. I used to live in New York and had this silly thought that it's the best city in the world, but after Paris I've started to have a second thought and would move there in a heartbeat Anyway, below are the links where I write in depth about where we went and what we did in each day (day 4 & 5 coming soon) along with photos
Hope it's marginally helpful for everyone who will be visiting Paris soon (you're really lucky). If you have any question, let me know. I'm happy to answer to the best of my ability. Enjoy!
Trip Report- Fantastic 5 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 2 Dublin to Cashel
- 3 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 4 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 5 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 6 Bologna: Walk via Arcades to San Luca
- 7 Input wanted on Budapest to Prague July trip
- 8 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 9 Cinque Terre or Amalfi Coast?
- 10 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 11 DB Bahn : Budapest to Prague
- 12 Athens and which islands?
- 13 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 14 Best way to go from Positano to Pompeii then to Rome? Pompeii private tour?
- 15 Opera in Prague : Dvorak's Rusalka or Puccini's Tosca
- 16 Sea side in Italy
- 17 Prague symphony - please help me choose 2 seats
- 18 Exquisite side trip from Cinque Terre?
- 19 Munich Daytrips
- 20 Belgium - Amsterdam - Dusseldorf
- 21 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 22 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 23 Help me find a Villa in Val D'Orcia this Summer!
- 24 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 25 Apartments in Rome you have rented and liked