This past June, I and my sibling embarked on our first ever trip to Europe on our own much to our family's trepidation (I'm 24 and she's 16). We spent 17 days between Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice) and Paris. I'm a little obsessive-compulsive by nature so before going I did a ton of research about places in each city. All the travel tips I gathered from Fodor's and other travel forums really helped us have the best possible experience. By the end of the trip, I promised myself I would write exhaustive reports however long it'd take. It did take me quite a while indeed, but I'm well on my way to finish them all.
So, after 12 days in Italy (you can read my Italy trip report here: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/report-p2-5-days-in-florence-tuscany-cinque-terre-life-is-complete.cfm) we had 5 more days to explore Paris. 5 days in Paris mean absolutely nothing, but thanks to the weather (for the most part) and a lot of walking, we managed to get to know Paris in an intimate way and enjoyed it immensely. I used to live in New York and had this silly thought that it's the best city in the world, but after Paris I've started to have a second thought and would move there in a heartbeat Anyway, below are the links where I write in depth about where we went and what we did in each day (day 4 & 5 coming soon) along with photos
Hope it's marginally helpful for everyone who will be visiting Paris soon (you're really lucky). If you have any question, let me know. I'm happy to answer to the best of my ability. Enjoy!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 Revised itinerary for italy
- 3 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 4 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 5 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 6 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 7 If you had to choose one......
- 8 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 9 Amalfi Coast help
- 10 Paris Metro
- 11 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 12 A good book!!
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 15 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 16 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 17 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 18 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 19 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 20 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 21 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 22 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 23 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 24 CDG airport and connection time
- 25 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
Trip Report- Fantastic 5 nights in Paris