This past June, I and my sibling embarked on our first ever trip to Europe on our own much to our family's trepidation (I'm 24 and she's 16). We spent 17 days between Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice) and Paris. I'm a little obsessive-compulsive by nature so before going I did a ton of research about places in each city. All the travel tips I gathered from Fodor's and other travel forums really helped us have the best possible experience. By the end of the trip, I promised myself I would write exhaustive reports however long it'd take. It did take me quite a while indeed, but I'm well on my way to finish them all.
So, after 12 days in Italy (you can read my Italy trip report here: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/report-p2-5-days-in-florence-tuscany-cinque-terre-life-is-complete.cfm) we had 5 more days to explore Paris. 5 days in Paris mean absolutely nothing, but thanks to the weather (for the most part) and a lot of walking, we managed to get to know Paris in an intimate way and enjoyed it immensely. I used to live in New York and had this silly thought that it's the best city in the world, but after Paris I've started to have a second thought and would move there in a heartbeat Anyway, below are the links where I write in depth about where we went and what we did in each day (day 4 & 5 coming soon) along with photos
Hope it's marginally helpful for everyone who will be visiting Paris soon (you're really lucky). If you have any question, let me know. I'm happy to answer to the best of my ability. Enjoy!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 2 Paris---baguette question???
- 3 Pyrenees 10-Day Driving Itinerary
- 4 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 5 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 6 English Countryside
- 7 Scenic Driving Routes
- 8 Visiting Spain in January
- 9 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 10 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 11 Flights from Croatia
- 12 Amsterdam Festival of LIghts
- 13 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 14 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 15 Visiting Europe for 1 week: Prague or Rome?
- 16 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 17 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 18 London in a Nutshell! - Travel Report
- 19 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 20 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 21 Europe in late January
- 22 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 23 Cote d'Azure & Aix In need of your expertise-10 days in May
- 24 Sent a postcard recently from Italy?
- 25 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
Trip Report- Fantastic 5 nights in Paris