This past June, I and my sibling embarked on our first ever trip to Europe on our own much to our family's trepidation (I'm 24 and she's 16). We spent 17 days between Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice) and Paris. I'm a little obsessive-compulsive by nature so before going I did a ton of research about places in each city. All the travel tips I gathered from Fodor's and other travel forums really helped us have the best possible experience. By the end of the trip, I promised myself I would write exhaustive reports however long it'd take. It did take me quite a while indeed, but I'm well on my way to finish them all.
So, after 12 days in Italy (you can read my Italy trip report here: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/report-p2-5-days-in-florence-tuscany-cinque-terre-life-is-complete.cfm) we had 5 more days to explore Paris. 5 days in Paris mean absolutely nothing, but thanks to the weather (for the most part) and a lot of walking, we managed to get to know Paris in an intimate way and enjoyed it immensely. I used to live in New York and had this silly thought that it's the best city in the world, but after Paris I've started to have a second thought and would move there in a heartbeat Anyway, below are the links where I write in depth about where we went and what we did in each day (day 4 & 5 coming soon) along with photos
Hope it's marginally helpful for everyone who will be visiting Paris soon (you're really lucky). If you have any question, let me know. I'm happy to answer to the best of my ability. Enjoy!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 2 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 3 No Periods in British Written English!
- 4 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 5 Where are the ALERT buttons for unreadable Asian-language messages?
- 6 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 7 Killarney
- 8 Madrid/Lisbon
- 9 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 10 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 11 Rome-Itinerary
- 12 Walking itinerary in England?
- 13 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 14 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 15 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 16 Ireland itinerary help please
- 17 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 18 Sabbatical in Tuscany
- 19 Italy bus or train
- 20 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 21 Paperwork to Marry in Italy
- 22 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 23 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 24 10 Days Trip Bath, Cotswolds, and London with a young boy
- 25 Greek fuel cost
Trip Report- Fantastic 5 nights in Paris