I want to begin by thanking all of the various Fodorites that helped us to organize this vacation way back in September of 2012. Your advice was invaluable, and I thought of you often during our beautiful adventure in Italy. As a very new member of Fodor's, I want you to know that our vacation would not have been the same without your expert advice, and I can't imagine ever travelling again without first consulting you.
To begin, here's a quick overview of the details:
Dates: June 10th to July 3rd, 2013
Locations: We spent six nights in Rome before driving east through Abruzzo. We visited the small town of Tossicia, the home of my ancestors, and finished the day in Pescara. We then drove south through Molise, ending up in Basilicata, where we spent the night in Matera. Finally, we drove to Puglia, settling in Galatina for the next two weeks. From there, we mostly enjoyed the beaches of the Ionian Coast, and a day trip to Lecce.
Other Important Details: We are Canadian, vegetarian, and travelled with our amazing two and a half year old son.
Over the next couple of weeks, I will recount the details of our trip, likely in three parts: 1) Rome 2) The Journey South 3) Puglia
I will send along the first part as soon as possible, along with a few pictures. I hope you enjoy, and I welcome any comments or questions you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Belgium advice
- 2 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 3 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 4 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 5 Amalfi or Positano
- 6 Party venues North London
- 7 10 day trip - very initial thinking
- 8 Rome to Positano
- 9 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 10 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 11 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 12 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 13 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 14 Carbohydrate element is a varied mixture of carbohydrates
- 15 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 16 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 17 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 18 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 19 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 20 3 Nights And 4 Days In Serbia
- 21 http://tophealthysolutions.com/lightstrike-360-tactical-flashlight/
- 22 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 23 Sleeping Beauty's Castle
- 24 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 25 Public Transport information App/Website
Trip Report: Canadian Family of Three Spends Three Weeks in Italy