I want to begin by thanking all of the various Fodorites that helped us to organize this vacation way back in September of 2012. Your advice was invaluable, and I thought of you often during our beautiful adventure in Italy. As a very new member of Fodor's, I want you to know that our vacation would not have been the same without your expert advice, and I can't imagine ever travelling again without first consulting you.
To begin, here's a quick overview of the details:
Dates: June 10th to July 3rd, 2013
Locations: We spent six nights in Rome before driving east through Abruzzo. We visited the small town of Tossicia, the home of my ancestors, and finished the day in Pescara. We then drove south through Molise, ending up in Basilicata, where we spent the night in Matera. Finally, we drove to Puglia, settling in Galatina for the next two weeks. From there, we mostly enjoyed the beaches of the Ionian Coast, and a day trip to Lecce.
Other Important Details: We are Canadian, vegetarian, and travelled with our amazing two and a half year old son.
Over the next couple of weeks, I will recount the details of our trip, likely in three parts: 1) Rome 2) The Journey South 3) Puglia
I will send along the first part as soon as possible, along with a few pictures. I hope you enjoy, and I welcome any comments or questions you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to Choose the Right Bedroom Furniture for Your Home
- 2 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 3 Should I speculate?
- 4 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 5 Case of smoking stains
- 6 Munich Under Attack...
- 7 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 8 http://menhealthreviews.org/t90-xplode-reviews/
- 9 Le Marche Sept./Oct.
- 10 http://www.cogniqtry.com/t90-xplode/
- 11 Help with 2nd European Spot
- 12 More Info >>> http://www.toptryloburn.com/reviv-anti-aging/
- 13 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 14 Path of the Gods Question
- 15 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 16 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 17 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 18 Short, one day trip to Sighișoara, what do you recommend?
- 19 Dentix in Spain
- 20 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 21 Croatia
- 22 15 days in Sep 2016: Itinerary help pls
- 23 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 24 Must visit wineries in Alsace?
- 25 How much do i need?
Trip Report: Canadian Family of Three Spends Three Weeks in Italy