I want to begin by thanking all of the various Fodorites that helped us to organize this vacation way back in September of 2012. Your advice was invaluable, and I thought of you often during our beautiful adventure in Italy. As a very new member of Fodor's, I want you to know that our vacation would not have been the same without your expert advice, and I can't imagine ever travelling again without first consulting you.
To begin, here's a quick overview of the details:
Dates: June 10th to July 3rd, 2013
Locations: We spent six nights in Rome before driving east through Abruzzo. We visited the small town of Tossicia, the home of my ancestors, and finished the day in Pescara. We then drove south through Molise, ending up in Basilicata, where we spent the night in Matera. Finally, we drove to Puglia, settling in Galatina for the next two weeks. From there, we mostly enjoyed the beaches of the Ionian Coast, and a day trip to Lecce.
Other Important Details: We are Canadian, vegetarian, and travelled with our amazing two and a half year old son.
Over the next couple of weeks, I will recount the details of our trip, likely in three parts: 1) Rome 2) The Journey South 3) Puglia
I will send along the first part as soon as possible, along with a few pictures. I hope you enjoy, and I welcome any comments or questions you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 2 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 3 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 4 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 5 Affordable 1 year French courses in France? Recommendations?
- 6 Cornwall Advice
- 7 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 8 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 9 "Never Mind"
- 10 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 11 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 12 2 Weeks In and out of Paris...Itinerary Help?
- 13 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 14 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 15 Our Itinerary for 25 Days in Portugal
- 16 Killarney
- 17 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 18 Florence Travel Guide
- 19 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 20 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 21 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 22 London: Travel Alert for Kings Cross Station!
- 23 Rome Advice?
- 24 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 25 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
Trip Report: Canadian Family of Three Spends Three Weeks in Italy