I want to begin by thanking all of the various Fodorites that helped us to organize this vacation way back in September of 2012. Your advice was invaluable, and I thought of you often during our beautiful adventure in Italy. As a very new member of Fodor's, I want you to know that our vacation would not have been the same without your expert advice, and I can't imagine ever travelling again without first consulting you.
To begin, here's a quick overview of the details:
Dates: June 10th to July 3rd, 2013
Locations: We spent six nights in Rome before driving east through Abruzzo. We visited the small town of Tossicia, the home of my ancestors, and finished the day in Pescara. We then drove south through Molise, ending up in Basilicata, where we spent the night in Matera. Finally, we drove to Puglia, settling in Galatina for the next two weeks. From there, we mostly enjoyed the beaches of the Ionian Coast, and a day trip to Lecce.
Other Important Details: We are Canadian, vegetarian, and travelled with our amazing two and a half year old son.
Over the next couple of weeks, I will recount the details of our trip, likely in three parts: 1) Rome 2) The Journey South 3) Puglia
I will send along the first part as soon as possible, along with a few pictures. I hope you enjoy, and I welcome any comments or questions you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US: NORTON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 NORTON SECURITY 24*7
- 2 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 3 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 4 Train / Calabria
- 5 BUY 100% UNDETECTABLE COUNTERFEIT MONEY £,$,€,+1(610)528-6832
- 6 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 7 16 days in France and Italy
- 8 Avoid Europcar!
- 9 Scotland - We're Here!
- 10 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 11 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 12 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 13 Naples + Walking Tour
- 14 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 15 Paris for children
- 16 Madrid food advice needed
- 17 Best areas of Porto to stay
- 18 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 19 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 20 Couscous
- 21 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 22 Visiting Plitvice - base location/lodging
- 23 IWM
- 24 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 25 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
Trip Report: Canadian Family of Three Spends Three Weeks in Italy