I want to begin by thanking all of the various Fodorites that helped us to organize this vacation way back in September of 2012. Your advice was invaluable, and I thought of you often during our beautiful adventure in Italy. As a very new member of Fodor's, I want you to know that our vacation would not have been the same without your expert advice, and I can't imagine ever travelling again without first consulting you.
To begin, here's a quick overview of the details:
Dates: June 10th to July 3rd, 2013
Locations: We spent six nights in Rome before driving east through Abruzzo. We visited the small town of Tossicia, the home of my ancestors, and finished the day in Pescara. We then drove south through Molise, ending up in Basilicata, where we spent the night in Matera. Finally, we drove to Puglia, settling in Galatina for the next two weeks. From there, we mostly enjoyed the beaches of the Ionian Coast, and a day trip to Lecce.
Other Important Details: We are Canadian, vegetarian, and travelled with our amazing two and a half year old son.
Over the next couple of weeks, I will recount the details of our trip, likely in three parts: 1) Rome 2) The Journey South 3) Puglia
I will send along the first part as soon as possible, along with a few pictures. I hope you enjoy, and I welcome any comments or questions you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 2 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 3 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 4 Lofoten, Norway Trip Report
- 5 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 6 Please help allocate time in Lofoten and Bergen area
- 7 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 8 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 9 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 10 Meteora for older folk
- 11 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 12 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 13 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 14 Athens
- 15 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 16 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 17 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 18 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 19 Germany train help!
- 20 Spain in July
- 21 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 22 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 23 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 24 Train help for Prague
- 25 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
Trip Report: Canadian Family of Three Spends Three Weeks in Italy