We spent three weeks in October/November exploring Munich, Berlin, Hamburg, Amsterdam and Berlin. Other trip reports via Fodors were really instrumental in helping us plan our trip.
I thought I would share some of our favourites as a thank you to the Fodors community.
I have already shared Munich here:
We spent four nights in Berlin and there was so much to do we could have spent longer!
Here's my post on Berlin and our favourite things when we were there:
We were surprised to discover Berlin is a foodie paradise and we spent a lot of our time and money eating amazing food!
Follow the link to find out about the best burgers we have ever had in our lives, our first time dining at a two star Michelin restaurant, the best places to grab kebabs and currywurst and one of the best bakeries in the world according to Buzzfeed:
Feel free to fire any questions my way. I hope some of what I learnt can help someone else plan their trip.
(There are lots of photos so I thought it would be better to share the links.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 2 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 3 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 4 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 5 A hole in the wall in St Germain. Paris
- 6 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 7 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 8 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 9 Oporto
- 10 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 11 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 12 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 13 Italy bus or train
- 14 Italy - to return home from Naples or Rome?
- 15 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 16 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 17 Porto and vicinity
- 18 Rome to venice
- 19 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 20 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 21 help with Italy itinerary
- 22 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 23 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 24 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 25 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice