We spent three weeks in October/November exploring Munich, Berlin, Hamburg, Amsterdam and Berlin. Other trip reports via Fodors were really instrumental in helping us plan our trip.
I thought I would share some of our favourites as a thank you to the Fodors community.
I have already shared Munich here:
We spent four nights in Berlin and there was so much to do we could have spent longer!
Here's my post on Berlin and our favourite things when we were there:
We were surprised to discover Berlin is a foodie paradise and we spent a lot of our time and money eating amazing food!
Follow the link to find out about the best burgers we have ever had in our lives, our first time dining at a two star Michelin restaurant, the best places to grab kebabs and currywurst and one of the best bakeries in the world according to Buzzfeed:
Feel free to fire any questions my way. I hope some of what I learnt can help someone else plan their trip.
(There are lots of photos so I thought it would be better to share the links.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip to Rome
- 2 Best Indian Food
- 3 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 4 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 5 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 6 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 7 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 8 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 9 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 10 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 11 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 12 Piedmont as a destination
- 13 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 14 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 15 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 16 Need Information about French Alps
- 17 dinner jackets
- 18 France Itinerary Advice
- 19 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 20 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 21 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 22 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 23 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 24 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing