I booked a tour of Croatia and Slovenia from September 21 - October 1 but want to add on Vienna, Prague, and Cesky Krumlov, probably three days in the first two and two days in CK. Because of the time of year, I thought I should do the Prague leg before my Croatia trip to avoid bad weather in Oct. But that means getting from either Vienna or Prague to Dubrovnik where my organized trip begins. Ending in Vienna would mean a shorter trip to Dubrovnik but a flight to Dubrovnik is outrageously priced and a train ride means going first to Split as near as I can tell. I haven't even explored buses, but I imagine they'll take longer than a train. Of course it would be easier if I tacked on the Prague leg at the end of my Croatia trip and just take a train from the Zagreb to Vienna, but I'm afraid the weather in October will be too unpredictable. Any advice from experienced travelers in this area at this time of year? Thanks.
Trip planning to/from Croatia to/ from Prague or Vienna?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Weeks in Paris
- 2 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 3 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 4 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 5 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 6 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 7 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 8 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 9 Dolomites in May? Worth it?
- 10 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 11 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 12 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 13 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 14 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 15 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 16 Internet or travel agent?
- 17 Raining in rome
- 18 seeking travel tips in italy and crotia
- 19 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 20 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 21 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 22 Christmas in Munich
- 23 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 24 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 25 Porto area, sights, day trips, areas to stay?