I booked a tour of Croatia and Slovenia from September 21 - October 1 but want to add on Vienna, Prague, and Cesky Krumlov, probably three days in the first two and two days in CK. Because of the time of year, I thought I should do the Prague leg before my Croatia trip to avoid bad weather in Oct. But that means getting from either Vienna or Prague to Dubrovnik where my organized trip begins. Ending in Vienna would mean a shorter trip to Dubrovnik but a flight to Dubrovnik is outrageously priced and a train ride means going first to Split as near as I can tell. I haven't even explored buses, but I imagine they'll take longer than a train. Of course it would be easier if I tacked on the Prague leg at the end of my Croatia trip and just take a train from the Zagreb to Vienna, but I'm afraid the weather in October will be too unpredictable. Any advice from experienced travelers in this area at this time of year? Thanks.
Trip planning to/from Croatia to/ from Prague or Vienna?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 2 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 3 Portugal Trip
- 4 Looking for help on itinerary for trip to Croatia+
- 5 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 6 5 Observations About Paris
- 7 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 8 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 9 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 10 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 11 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 12 Sweet Home Triana: Spring Break in Seville's left bank
- 13 Southern Spain
- 14 Itinerary for Greece in 9 Days -in June
- 15 Short notice for input needed for Munich, Vienna, Prague and Berlin
- 16 driving in france with kids
- 17 Is my plan ok
- 18 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 19 Our first Europe Trip Planning
- 20 CROATIA - Split to Hvar Island ???
- 21 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 22 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 23 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 24 Spain traffic tickets
- 25 Reputable Tours