I booked a tour of Croatia and Slovenia from September 21 - October 1 but want to add on Vienna, Prague, and Cesky Krumlov, probably three days in the first two and two days in CK. Because of the time of year, I thought I should do the Prague leg before my Croatia trip to avoid bad weather in Oct. But that means getting from either Vienna or Prague to Dubrovnik where my organized trip begins. Ending in Vienna would mean a shorter trip to Dubrovnik but a flight to Dubrovnik is outrageously priced and a train ride means going first to Split as near as I can tell. I haven't even explored buses, but I imagine they'll take longer than a train. Of course it would be easier if I tacked on the Prague leg at the end of my Croatia trip and just take a train from the Zagreb to Vienna, but I'm afraid the weather in October will be too unpredictable. Any advice from experienced travelers in this area at this time of year? Thanks.
Trip planning to/from Croatia to/ from Prague or Vienna?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 2 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 3 Can you recommend great Gastro Pub in ondon
- 4 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 5 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 6 January in Ireland: Recommendations on Lodging?
- 7 Portugal and Spain itinerary help -- 11 days in the end of Nov. 2014
- 8 Three Week Graduation Trip to Amsterdam, Bruges, Berlin, and Paris
- 9 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 10 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 11 Scotland Votes "No"
- 12 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 13 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?
- 14 Why I can't make train seat reservation from Dresden to Berlin
- 15 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 16 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 17 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 18 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 19 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 20 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 21 3 adults in a Triple room at Hotel Attalos- crazy?
- 22 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 23 Cell phones- London and Paris
- 24 Olive Oil
- 25 Wine tour from Verona?