I have spent many hours researching Ireland as we are planning for September 2015 and I am relieved that I have so much time to plan as there is a lot to know and research. From my research I am interested mostly in the Southwestern part of Ireland. We will have 10 full days on the Island and I want to do Skelligs Rock, Great Basket Island, Killarney, Killarney National Park, the first half of the Ring of Kerry, Dingle Peninsula, take ferry across Shannon River, Galway, Aran Islands, road from Kinsale to Kenmare. No flights have been booked yet and my biggest concern is do I fly into Dublin and out of Shannon or do I fly into Shannon and out of Shannon as most of my travel interests are in the Southern part of the Island. Will I feel I missed out if I do not see Dublin? Based on my interests I am getting the sense that I am more interested in the Countryside as opposed to the city side. We will be hiring a car! My points of interest are obviously in no order. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Trip Planning - Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 2 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 3 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 4 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 5 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 6 Tipping in the UK
- 7 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 8 14 Days Dec Trip to Switzerland (or???)
- 9 Confused about train travel - Paris, Colmar, Lucerne, Lake Como
- 10 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 11 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 12 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 13 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 14 Discount Card and itinerary for London for family of 4
- 15 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 16 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 17 Scotland Explorer Pass
- 18 car rental issues Italy Slovenia Croatia
- 19 Interested In Coach Passes
- 20 Could someone help me identifie this chateau in Belgium
- 21 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 22 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 23 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?
- 24 Getting about, CAR? 21 y/o
- 25 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?