I have spent many hours researching Ireland as we are planning for September 2015 and I am relieved that I have so much time to plan as there is a lot to know and research. From my research I am interested mostly in the Southwestern part of Ireland. We will have 10 full days on the Island and I want to do Skelligs Rock, Great Basket Island, Killarney, Killarney National Park, the first half of the Ring of Kerry, Dingle Peninsula, take ferry across Shannon River, Galway, Aran Islands, road from Kinsale to Kenmare. No flights have been booked yet and my biggest concern is do I fly into Dublin and out of Shannon or do I fly into Shannon and out of Shannon as most of my travel interests are in the Southern part of the Island. Will I feel I missed out if I do not see Dublin? Based on my interests I am getting the sense that I am more interested in the Countryside as opposed to the city side. We will be hiring a car! My points of interest are obviously in no order. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Trip Planning - Ireland
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 2 How much time to allow from ETA at LHR for car service booking?
- 3 Dresden Train Station
- 4 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 5 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 6 2 Week European Itinerary
- 7 To Paris and Provence in June
- 8 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 9 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 10 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 11 Euro Train
- 12 Channel Islands
- 13 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 14 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 15 Chambermaid tipping
- 16 TGV and Provence questions
- 17 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 18 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 19 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 20 London for Christmas
- 21 Family European winter holiday
- 22 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 23 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 24 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 25 Rome Accommodation