My husband and I are planning a trip to Greece in September2011. I have booked our flights for Sept. and have been on the internet looking at accomodations since then . Plan is two nights Athens, 3 nights Mykonos, 5 nights Santorini, 4 nights Naxos and then back to Athens for two nights for our return home. I had been reading Matt Barretts website and found it to be a wealth of information. He suggested to book with a Greek travel agency for the best service. I emailed Fantasy travel and got a quick response but they seem to have arrangements with limited hotels and with limited accomodations there. After doing so much searching online I find it frustrating to have so few choices After all, this will not be a cheap trip and thats ok but I want it to be within my choice range and not to be so limiting. Friendly as the agent is, there is a pressure to book quickly and that makes me uneasy. I wanted to book with a local agent because they can arrange the ferries and hotels so we at least know where we are going to sleep at night. After all, it is our experience. Any advice on what to do would be helpful. Should I try Dolphin Hellas? Are they going to be any better? Should I book directly with the hotels which I am very tempted to do. But then I have to arrange ferries myself and I find that task daunting. Also there is some security with booking with an agent and they know the area better than I do.
Trip planning advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 2 St Christophers Paris
- 3 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 4 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 5 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 6 Spain to France Itenerary Question: Plane or Train
- 7 Where to stay in the french riviera?
- 8 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 9 Traveling to Bordeaux
- 10 Fashion week Sept 23-Oct 1....our dates for Paris Sept 22-28
- 11 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 12 Milan/Venice/Como/Milan Train Transportation
- 13 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 14 Help creating Honeymoon itinerary
- 15 A1 to A12 vs. A14: Which is the easier drive from Sulmona to Mondovi?
- 16 Accomodation detail in VISA application
- 17 Pacsafe Neck Wallet / Women travel and Spain & Seville tips/safety
- 18 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 19 Zermatt, Switzerland
- 20 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 21 Villa Borghese - Neighborhood restaurants?
- 22 Copenhagen - Must see places and time required in city!!
- 23 Florence/Tuscany and Rome - help with details!!
- 24 netherlands-Prag-vienne-budapest-munich BY CAR in WINTER?roads?
- 25 Paris then Glasgow with 5 kids