My husband and I are planning a trip to Greece in September2011. I have booked our flights for Sept. and have been on the internet looking at accomodations since then . Plan is two nights Athens, 3 nights Mykonos, 5 nights Santorini, 4 nights Naxos and then back to Athens for two nights for our return home. I had been reading Matt Barretts website and found it to be a wealth of information. He suggested to book with a Greek travel agency for the best service. I emailed Fantasy travel and got a quick response but they seem to have arrangements with limited hotels and with limited accomodations there. After doing so much searching online I find it frustrating to have so few choices After all, this will not be a cheap trip and thats ok but I want it to be within my choice range and not to be so limiting. Friendly as the agent is, there is a pressure to book quickly and that makes me uneasy. I wanted to book with a local agent because they can arrange the ferries and hotels so we at least know where we are going to sleep at night. After all, it is our experience. Any advice on what to do would be helpful. Should I try Dolphin Hellas? Are they going to be any better? Should I book directly with the hotels which I am very tempted to do. But then I have to arrange ferries myself and I find that task daunting. Also there is some security with booking with an agent and they know the area better than I do.
Trip planning advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 2 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 3 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 4 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 5 Madrid and London
- 6 What to wear
- 7 Prague flea markets
- 8 Tipping in Greece
- 9 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 10 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 11 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 12 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 13 Timing a river cruise
- 14 Top flamenco in Barcelona this fall - every night!
- 15 Painting Classes at Giverny or surrounds in English please!
- 16 Norway Haugesund and Bergen photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 17 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 18 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 19 flea markets in France
- 20 I need a haircut
- 21 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 22 Feedback regarding Jay Way Travel
- 23 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 24 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 25 Madrid apartments