My husband and I are planning a trip to Greece in September2011. I have booked our flights for Sept. and have been on the internet looking at accomodations since then . Plan is two nights Athens, 3 nights Mykonos, 5 nights Santorini, 4 nights Naxos and then back to Athens for two nights for our return home. I had been reading Matt Barretts website and found it to be a wealth of information. He suggested to book with a Greek travel agency for the best service. I emailed Fantasy travel and got a quick response but they seem to have arrangements with limited hotels and with limited accomodations there. After doing so much searching online I find it frustrating to have so few choices After all, this will not be a cheap trip and thats ok but I want it to be within my choice range and not to be so limiting. Friendly as the agent is, there is a pressure to book quickly and that makes me uneasy. I wanted to book with a local agent because they can arrange the ferries and hotels so we at least know where we are going to sleep at night. After all, it is our experience. Any advice on what to do would be helpful. Should I try Dolphin Hellas? Are they going to be any better? Should I book directly with the hotels which I am very tempted to do. But then I have to arrange ferries myself and I find that task daunting. Also there is some security with booking with an agent and they know the area better than I do.
Trip planning advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 2 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 3 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 4 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 5 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 6 nearby cities to london
- 7 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 8 London hotel
- 9 Prague - Tram #22
- 10 A drive in Europe
- 11 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 12 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 13 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 14 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 15 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 16 HELP FLORENCE TO ROME BY CAR WHAT TO DO
- 17 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 18 Where to stay in Rome
- 19 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 20 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 21 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 22 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 23 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 24 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 25 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days