On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charlotte Bronte at the Soane
- 2 First time to London, Paris and Amsterdam.
- 3 London Itinerary - Late Summer
- 4 Lake Maggiore
- 5 From Denmark to Balkan and around
- 6 Kings Day in Amsterdam, local travel?
- 7 Pakistani on tourist visa in UK, where can I travel outside UK?
- 8 Rome-Positano RT rental car/bus/train
- 9 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 10 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 11 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 12 Milan tours
- 13 Help in determining 2 weeks in Florence, Rome, and TBD location(??)
- 14 Flight Cost to Athens
- 15 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 16 Day Trip near Paris
- 17 Validating train tickets - Germany, Switzwerland
- 18 My niece wants a one week student tour
- 19 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 20 Second thoughts about pour Germany trip...help me !
- 21 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 22 Despite the fact that according to my amigos private
- 23 Bootcut jeans
- 24 Cadiz during Carnival? Other suggestions...
- 25 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May