On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Back for more Honeymoon Help
- 2 November in Vienna and ??? : Questions
- 3 Day trips from Cologne
- 4 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 5 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 6 Attractions in Ostia Antica
- 7 French countryside/wine country
- 8 First-time Trip to Ireland! Seeking helpful advice...
- 9 Four days in London! What are some must-see sights?
- 10 I have 10 days to spend in Italy! Advice needed!
- 11 Four days in Amsterdam- What to Do?!
- 12 Vienna or Munich
- 13 IDP for Scotland
- 14 Pompei Excursion from Sorrento? What do you think of this estimate?
- 15 My summer in Paris
- 16 Transportation for 16+- in Italy
- 17 Three day trips from Amsterdam
- 18 Walking the Cotswolds
- 19 Comments, please about these Rome apartments
- 20 Munich or Fussen for Bavaria Region?
- 21 Montpellier - A few questions
- 22 Absolute best neighborhood to stay in for first time in Istanbul?
- 23 Rhine / Mosel Rivers in Germany and Beyond
- 24 Self-service Laundry in Rhodes?
- 25 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.