On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three days in Istanbul in August
- 2 European Championship
- 3 want to use Iphone in UK and Italy
- 4 4 days driving holiday to rural North England.
- 5 Sardinia Italian's paradise
- 6 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 7 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 8 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 9 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 10 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 11 Italy by car
- 12 Are Munich and Vienna too similar for same trip?
- 13 Corsica- Propriano or Porto Vecchio
- 14 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 15 12 days in Austria
- 16 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 17 Train questions for Switzerland
- 18 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 19 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 20 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 21 One in Paris ... help
- 22 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 23 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 24 Travel Safety in Germany & Switzerland
- 25 Scotland--transport from Dundee wharf to Edinburgh city center