On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 2 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 3 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 4 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 5 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 6 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 7 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 8 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 9 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 10 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 11 Cell Phone Question
- 12 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 13 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 14 Greek Islands (small)
- 15 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 16 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 17 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 18 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 19 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 20 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 21 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 22 Help required with Itinerary
- 23 Are there any Paris walking guides I should add to my collection?
- 24 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 25 Itinerary review from a overplanner