On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Trip from Vienna to Melk, Durnstein and back to Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 2 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 3 Italy and Croatia
- 4 Your favourite places in Bath
- 5 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 6 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 7 Is this the right way<>?
- 8 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 9 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 10 Rome Areas to stay
- 11 What do you think of this Paris apartment rental?
- 12 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 13 Rental car scams in Italy
- 14 Italy - Month of July
- 15 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 16 Autumn in Paris
- 17 Europe Tour with Kids
- 18 Has anyone every used a company called Portugal Trails
- 19 St Germain
- 20 22 days or DIY tour
- 21 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 22 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 23 England & Scotland in April
- 24 17days Italy itinerary for Dec
- 25 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary