On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Trip from Vienna to Melk, Durnstein and back to Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 Observations About Paris
- 2 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 3 Day roadtrips from Munich base
- 4 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 5 Lake Como transportation questions
- 6 Ring of Kerry: worth doing "whole loop"?
- 7 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 8 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 9 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 10 Iwango went…to Nice
- 11 Scotland- Edinburgh
- 12 Berlin Prague Vienna Munich
- 13 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 14 Greek Seas- Sailing on the Mediterranean
- 15 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 16 Planning Honeymoon to Greece in April
- 17 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 18 Cylades Island Hopping
- 19 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 20 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 21 One night stopover in Dolomites, where?
- 22 Scuol, Switzerland
- 23 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 24 Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015
- 25 A month in Europe - how does this sound?