On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 2 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 3 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 4 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 5 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 6 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 7 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 8 Road Trip: 4 Weeks from Puglia to Le Marche
- 9 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 10 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 11 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 12 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 13 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 14 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 15 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 16 Renting a car in Greece
- 17 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 18 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 19 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 20 Car rental companies - why so many negative reviews?
- 21 Iceland rental camper company
- 22 southeast sicily town as home base
- 23 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 24 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 25 Chania