On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Trip from Vienna to Melk, Durnstein and back to Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 2 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 3 Fiumicino City Bus Stop Location
- 4 Five nights in Extremadura
- 5 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 6 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 7 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 8 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 9 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 10 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 11 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 12 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 13 Belarus closes borders with Ukraine - EBOLA alert!
- 14 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 15 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 16 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 17 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 18 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 19 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 20 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 21 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 22 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 23 Food tours in Rome?
- 24 Rome Food Tour
- 25 Pastry Classes in Paris