On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Trip from Vienna to Melk, Durnstein and back to Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in London
- 2 Autumn in Paris
- 3 Updated ATM info for Greece and Turkey
- 4 Norway Advice
- 5 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 6 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 7 Travel from London Heathrow to Belfast or Dublin
- 8 Kids in Pubs -- N Ireland and Ireland
- 9 Winter in Paris
- 10 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 11 Stay in 1 Place or Multiple
- 12 Transportation or Driver recommendations / experiences Ireland/ N Ireland
- 13 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 14 Is this enough time for Canterbury, Beachy Head, and Dover?
- 15 Review of 4.5 days in London
- 16 Limavady, Ireland?? Where is it?
- 17 Prague, Krakow, Budapest and Vienna
- 18 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 19 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 20 Need help with Baltics trip.
- 21 Restaurants Venice, Rome, and Florence
- 22 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 23 Planning Europe trip
- 24 Is Venice really dirty?
- 25 planning a trip to Europe next year!