On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Trip from Vienna to Melk, Durnstein and back to Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece - trip report - Aegean Islands Chios, Lesvos and Samos Oct 2012
- 2 Sicily - not a trip report
- 3 What to wear
- 4 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 5 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 6 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma
- 7 Salzburg, Innsbruck, and possibly Graz with my 90yr old Mom
- 8 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 9 Chip but no PIN
- 10 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 11 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 12 No points in Paris .....
- 13 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 14 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 15 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 16 What still confounds you about travel?
- 17 Three days in Spain
- 18 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 19 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 20 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 21 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 22 Eurostar booking
- 23 The Times reveals secret best beaches: mediterranean
- 24 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 25 Tuscany intinerary-what to do on a Sunday