On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 2 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 3 Baby Milk
- 4 Tour groups
- 5 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 6 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 7 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 8 French restaurants
- 9 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 10 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 11 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 12 Driving in Italy?
- 13 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 14 Luggage Storage at Barcelona Port
- 15 Super Cover For Hertz
- 16 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 17 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 18 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 19 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 20 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 21 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 22 Hotel in Vienna
- 23 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 24 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 25 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon