On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 October trip to St. Petersburg, Tallinn and Helsinki?
- 2 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 3 Cornwall and Germany
- 4 Train strikes - Spain
- 5 Airport Strikes in Spain
- 6 Sorrento as a lodging base
- 7 Speeding fines
- 8 Itinerary Check-In
- 9 Japan or Italy next spring
- 10 Advise for 4 days in Peloponnese
- 11 sleeping in or near Vaison la Romaine
- 12 In search of thursdaysd
- 13 Best food markets in Paris
- 14 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Go To Paris
- 15 What to do in Dublin/ Waterford in 1 day
- 16 Getting from Dubronik to Istanbul
- 17 Short Christmas trip-recommended stop?
- 18 Chip on Debit card?
- 19 Zagreb
- 20 seeking advice for Turkey trip in November
- 21 Italy in June/July
- 22 Athens or Istanbul in Nov'15 Solo female traveller
- 23 Advise on where to base in Ireland for 2 week trip
- 24 Packing for Croatia Sept-Oct - Just getting started
- 25 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?