On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Praiano
- 2 Rouen Tour Companies
- 3 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 4 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 5 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 6 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 7 Ireland itinerary help please
- 8 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 9 Ronda Wine/biking
- 10 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 11 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 12 No Periods in British Written English!
- 13 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 14 Perugia
- 15 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 16 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 17 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 18 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 19 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 20 Areas in Milan
- 21 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 22 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 23 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 24 CDG much improved
- 25 St Denis Cathedral