On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London dining service charge
- 2 Vienna - Site seeing help
- 3 How hard (for an American) to drive in Yorkshire?
- 4 London Paris
- 5 The Rain in Spain and more
- 6 Scotland Question
- 7 Afternoon Tea @ London
- 8 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 9 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 10 Spain.. suggestions please
- 11 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 12 Luggage on trains/security?
- 13 Family vacation near Amsterdam
- 14 The DCC scam is spreading
- 15 What clothes?
- 16 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 17 Guarda ->Zurich, Luzern->Ascona
- 18 the reality that it helps
- 19 Venice to Positano
- 20 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 21 I'm Croatian, ask me anything!
- 22 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 23 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 24 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 25 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo