On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Trip from Vienna to Melk, Durnstein and back to Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 2 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 3 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 4 Paris November 2014
- 5 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 6 Mykonos Hotels and Ferry Service to Santorini--need suggestions!
- 7 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 8 Do unused RATP tickets expire?
- 9 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 10 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 11 Greek ferries
- 12 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 13 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 14 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 15 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 16 Madrid and London
- 17 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 18 Amsterdam to Brussels train connection question
- 19 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 20 SIM card for eastern europe
- 21 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 22 16 days in Paris, not sure London or Italy? ?
- 23 Help! Aegean Airlines booking info & baggage
- 24 Lofoten ferry
- 25 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary