On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Trip from Vienna to Melk, Durnstein and back to Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 2 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 3 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 4 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 5 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 6 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 7 Dublin to Armagh?
- 8 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 9 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 10 Trains in Italy
- 11 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 12 England and Scotland
- 13 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 14 Air pollution in Paris
- 15 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 16 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 17 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 18 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 19 Naxos in May
- 20 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 21 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 22 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 23 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 24 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 25 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger