On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 2 Can parking
- 3 italy Cinque Terre
- 4 San Sebastián
- 5 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 6 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 7 Zurich to Milan trip
- 8 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 9 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 10 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 11 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 12 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 13 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 14 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 15 Driving through Paris
- 16 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 17 Advice for first time trip to Greece
- 18 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 19 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 20 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 21 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 22 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 23 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 24 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 25 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.