On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Trip from Vienna to Melk, Durnstein and back to Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 2 7 Nights in Paris
- 3 Best hostels from experience
- 4 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 5 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 6 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 7 London neighborhood suggestions
- 8 Which other island would you pick for an Anniversary trip to Greece?
- 9 San Sebastian
- 10 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 11 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 12 Istanbul Itinerary
- 13 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets
- 14 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 15 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 16 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 17 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 18 What London location & hotels are the best for ??
- 19 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 20 London, Liverpool, Scotland Itinerary
- 21 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 22 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 23 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 24 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 25 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)