On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Trip from Vienna to Melk, Durnstein and back to Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Quiz # 82 - Wednesday 4-1-15
- 2 What Happened to My Hairdryer? - An Electrical Question
- 3 2 for 1 tickets
- 4 Carinthia
- 5 Help please: 1 or 2 Bedroom Apt in Paris
- 6 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 7 Madrid night life – nice bars to relax and enjoy music?
- 8 Siciliy - travel from Taormina to Siracusa via public transportation
- 9 Rail connections from Rotterdam and ease of boarding train with luggage
- 10 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 11 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 12 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 13 Our first trip to Europe
- 14 Mont St. Michele?
- 15 Vatican Museum tour guide
- 16 itinerary help needed - Mediterranean Turkey / Turquoise Coast
- 17 Southwestern England
- 18 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 19 North side of Thun Lake Switzerland as a lodging base
- 20 London/Help
- 21 Is Jungfraujoch worth the trip for a CLAUSTROPHOBIC person?
- 22 recommendations for driver/transfer tour from Siena to Rome airport.
- 23 Can teaching patriotism protect France?
- 24 Where to stay in Barcelona
- 25 Which disposable cell phone to buy in France?