On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Trip from Vienna to Melk, Durnstein and back to Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 2 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 3 Italy through locals eyes
- 4 Lagos or Portimao better base to stay
- 5 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 6 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 7 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 8 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 9 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 10 Norway and maybe Denmark
- 11 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 12 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 13 Apartment rental in Barcelona
- 14 Advice please...
- 15 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 16 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 17 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 18 Paris in black and white
- 19 Two Sisters-in-law in Italy
- 20 Wineries open on Saturdays in October
- 21 Hey Fodor's
- 22 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 23 Apartment rental agencies in Barcelona
- 24 Douro cruise in last week of November?
- 25 Pre-Trip Jitters!