On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Camino de Santiago - tour companies?
- 2 What's your best driving experience in Europe?
- 3 How do you buy a Camper Van in Europe? Help ME!
- 4 Base for 3 days in Galicia
- 5 Is Capri worth going to?
- 6 Itinerary for 33 days, Portugal-Spain-Morocco, sensible?
- 7 Paris in April
- 8 Which City with Paris
- 9 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 10 Cost comparison b/w Paris and Switzerland(wengen)
- 11 Which town-base for Lake Garda
- 12 Paris transport
- 13 French Toll Roads Chip & sign Credit Card Payments
- 14 Rugby World Cup - is your team playing?
- 15 Traffic Tickets - Why Should I Pay?
- 16 Calling all Europe traveling EXPERTS please!
- 17 Educate me about Munich
- 18 Outrageous car rental price in Lofoten, Norway!
- 19 London Boutique Hotel
- 20 Salzburg, Vienna & Bratislava, Dec-Jan
- 21 A few hours in Rotterdam
- 22 Backpack in Paris airport?
- 23 Sechselaeuten in Zuerich anyone?
- 24 staying overnight in castle in bavaria
- 25 MXP to Florence