On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 2 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 3 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 4 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 5 14 nights in Europe
- 6 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 7 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 8 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 9 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 10 French immersion courses in France
- 11 Munich
- 12 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 13 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 14 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 15 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 16 did anyone familiar with p-airbus for airport transportation?
- 17 CDG airport
- 18 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 19 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 20 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 21 Portugal itinerary help
- 22 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 23 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 24 What type of visa is right for me?
- 25 Malaga Hotels - which one should I choose?