On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Trip from Vienna to Melk, Durnstein and back to Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 2 Accomodation for Eurovision 2014
- 3 5am arrival in Dublin
- 4 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 5 Ste Remy France
- 6 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 7 10 Hours in Brussels
- 8 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 9 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 10 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 11 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 12 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 13 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 14 destination wedding
- 15 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 16 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 17 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 18 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 19 Two weeks in Italy - Venice, Ostuni and Naples
- 20 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 21 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 22 London Private Detectives
- 23 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 24 Calling Jamikins
- 25 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)