On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stores that sell Knorr products in Munich?
- 2 Affordable French language course in France?
- 3 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 4 http://fornatgaex.com/tvolve-reviews/
- 5 Budapest on a budget
- 6 Budget stay in or around Heidelberg
- 7 Staying in or around Koblenz?
- 8 Roundabout from "European Vacation" movie?
- 9 Italy in October
- 10 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 11 http://phytolyft.com/tvolve-reviews/
- 12 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 13 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 14 Vizeat -- Anybody tried it?
- 15 Why doesn't anyone talk about staying in the 2nd arr in Paris? Am I blind?
- 16 3 days to spend in europe
- 17 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 18 Travel between Paris, Normandy and Brugges
- 19 Beaches in Southern France
- 20 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 21 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 22 Car Rental at Malaga Port
- 23 What Greek islands should I visit
- 24 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 25 Positano - Sorrento Travel Questions