On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Trip from Vienna to Melk, Durnstein and back to Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 2 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 3 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 4 People acting out Paris Metro Names
- 5 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 6 Toulouse and beyond -
- 7 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 8 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 9 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 10 getting on highway from Avignon TVG Europcar rental place
- 11 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 12 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 13 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 14 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 15 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 16 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 17 Munich with a car?
- 18 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 19 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 20 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 21 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 22 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 23 Reims for a day
- 24 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 25 day trip to Lake Como from Milan