On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Trip from Vienna to Melk, Durnstein and back to Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 2 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 3 Can you be fined on the spot for falling off a scooter in Croatia
- 4 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 5 Globus Tours
- 6 Scotland Votes "No"
- 7 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?
- 8 venice, the dolomites, and the italian lakes - in 1 week
- 9 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 10 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 11 Splendid Summer Trip in Scotland and Ireland
- 12 Hvar Town or Stari Grad
- 13 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 14 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 15 Italy tours
- 16 Gift for French business associate
- 17 Loving Italy: our trip to Rome, San Gimigniano and Venice
- 18 1 week Tuscany in November
- 19 The honest Italian tale of the laughs, the panics and the awe
- 20 Where to stay one night during our drive from Amboise to Avignon?
- 21 Sunny September Trip Report
- 22 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 23 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 24 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 25 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days