On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Trip from Vienna to Melk, Durnstein and back to Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A week in Wengen hiking the Bernese Oberland
- 2 Dublin Layover Suggestions
- 3 Provence planning
- 4 Looking for some advice for an April Itenerary!
- 5 Transportation directly from Malpensa to place other than Milan
- 6 Revised Itinerary with 2 kids
- 7 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 8 Does anyone travel with trip notes on an ipad? Tech help please!
- 9 Scottland for a day!
- 10 England, Paris itinerary help
- 11 Emilia Romagna Region
- 12 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 13 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 14 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 15 X-mas week in Istanbul trip report
- 16 The Italian Riviera: A review.
- 17 In Less Than 48 Hours, Chisinau and Transnistria
- 18 Bavarian Accommodations - Need Your Assistance
- 19 Venice Airport: How Long to Get Through Passport Clearance
- 20 Are there any deals to London or big cities in Europe?
- 21 Malpensa to Milano/Porto Garibaldi o Centrale Question...
- 22 Shipping bags home
- 23 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 24 London, Edinburgh, and Paris Itinerary
- 25 Germany for 3 weeks