On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Trip from Vienna to Melk, Durnstein and back to Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 2 September 2014 - Mykonos, Santorini, Athens!
- 3 Christmas trip to Germany, what city?
- 4 Driving in Germany
- 5 Which time period is preferable for summer visit to London?
- 6 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 7 Cambridge to Manchester, UK
- 8 Venice - boats on canals
- 9 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 10 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 11 Venice, just arrived
- 12 Guidance and help for Europe trip by train.
- 13 Driving from Rome Airport to Montepulciano -- Toll Question
- 14 Where in Europe would you go to escape midwestern winter?
- 15 Park Guell in Barcelona
- 16 White Christmas in the Alps for Aussie non-skiers
- 17 ever rent an apartment after you get to a city?
- 18 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 19 capital one 360 debit card use in italy
- 20 Prepaid cell phone, CDG
- 21 Stockholm Trip Report
- 22 Paris -> Berlin - What's the cheapest mode of transportation?
- 23 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 24 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 25 Belated Paris trip report, May 16-24 2014 part 2: the actual trip