On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Trip from Vienna to Melk, Durnstein and back to Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 days in Bremen for a conference
- 2 dining in Brussels
- 3 using airbnb for the first time...
- 4 Como or Bellagio hotel needed
- 5 Madrid: City Views
- 6 My Turkey Trip Had Ups and Downs
- 7 plug adapters ITALY
- 8 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 9 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 10 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 11 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 12 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 13 How to make this adventure work?
- 14 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 15 How much luggage?????
- 16 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 17 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 18 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 19 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 20 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 21 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 22 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 23 Vienna State Opera Tickets
- 24 Madrid: Flamenco
- 25 Anyone used London Connections to book an apartment in London?