On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Trip from Vienna to Melk, Durnstein and back to Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Sarlat
- 2 Cooking Classes in Italy?
- 3 Two European Cities in 8 days (Paris and one more)
- 4 Travel from Amsterdam to Pisa
- 5 Malaga to Madrid, then short stay before flight departure
- 6 Tuscan cooking school
- 7 Two days in Dublin
- 8 Palenque's Scenic Swiss Trains
- 9 2 Nights in the Pyrenees: Driving Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 10 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 11 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 12 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 13 Italy late Sept to early Oct 2015
- 14 DVD players in France
- 15 Visit Algarve in mid-April 2015: Yes or No?
- 16 Kimhe - a big favor to ask of you
- 17 Munich accommodations
- 18 Trains
- 19 RER B Schedule on a Sunday Morning
- 20 Paris in one day with 2 kids
- 21 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 22 Do European countries offer tax (or other) advantages to B&B owners?
- 23 malaga to madrid train ?
- 24 Advice on Turkey Itinerary
- 25 mailing a package in advance of arrival at a Berlin hotel