On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning Advice!
- 2 Driving Vespa's in Florence
- 3 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 4 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 5 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 6 A very late conclusion to Solo Christmas/December trip - Paris
- 7 Our European adventures
- 8 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 9 Crete (and Santorini ) Trip Report
- 10 Scotland November 2015
- 11 1 day trip from Nice
- 12 Norway holiday locations
- 13 Norway holiday locations
- 14 NORMANDY TRIPS (+ Madrid)
- 15 Iphone Charger in a Car in Europe?
- 16 Help with itinerary
- 17 Banks Mansion Amsterdam hotel
- 18 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 19 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 20 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 21 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 22 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 23 Spring Spain Itinerary
- 24 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 25 Bellagio Accomodations in October