On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Trip from Vienna to Melk, Durnstein and back to Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 2 How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?
- 3 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 4 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 5 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 6 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 7 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 8 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 9 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 10 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 11 Question for best Town to base for touring the Amalfi Coast
- 12 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 13 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 14 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 15 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento Itinerary Help!
- 16 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 17 Day Tours in Croatia, Slovenia that you can recommend?
- 18 What to wear
- 19 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 20 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 21 Escorted Tours to Europe from UK to Dordogne Valley, France
- 22 Writers Needed for Austria Guidebook
- 23 Last minute Bordeaux restaurant suggestions - for 4/26-4/28
- 24 Little-kid friendly place an hour or so by train from Frankfurt airport
- 25 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy