On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Trip from Vienna to Melk, Durnstein and back to Vienna
- 1 first european holiday itinery
- 2 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 3 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 4 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 5 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 6 To Paris and Provence in June
- 7 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 8 Cyprus in December
- 9 Cyprus photo gallery
- 10 Favorite cities/towns in Cyprus?
- 11 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 12 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 13 Which travel plan?
- 14 Florence in October
- 15 Family European winter holiday
- 16 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 17 Vespa Tours of Tuscany
- 18 Advises for trip to Russia
- 19 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 20 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 21 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 22 Car in Prague
- 23 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 24 Planning a holiday
- 25 Euro Train