On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My thoughts on Mallorca
- 2 French Prem Train Fares
- 3 Swiss psychiatrist and psychoanalyst Hermann Rorschach Inkblot Test
- 4 Scotland for a week with 6 1/2 year old
- 5 Day Trip from Geneva - Need Advice
- 6 Euro Quiz # 103 - Rivers!
- 7 Itenerary Opinion
- 8 reputable apartment rental in Rome and Venice?
- 9 "Free" walking tours--what to tip guide
- 10 venice to lucca by car
- 11 Ecstacy of St. Teresa Under Renovation?
- 12 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 13 10 Days trip to Europe
- 14 Northern Spain
- 15 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 16 London-Paris solo trip
- 17 Healthy eating in Rome
- 18 2 weeks Northern Italy Itinerary Suggestion
- 19 Study Abroad in Barcelona or Urbino
- 20 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 21 Shoppingin Spain
- 22 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 23 Itin help: 14-15 days in Bavaria, Austria, possibly Croatia and Prague
- 24 Bad Wimpfen or Schwaebisch Hall
- 25 Where to stay around Munich