On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Trip from Vienna to Melk, Durnstein and back to Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 2 Euro quiz # 89 - Potpourri
- 3 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
- 4 14 Day Swiss Itinerary Sep-2015
- 5 sim cards, Belgium and Luxembourg
- 6 Victoria and Albert Museum
- 7 Naples and Salerno
- 8 London & Area Itinerary Help
- 9 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 10 Traveling to Greece & Italy with FOOD allergy (tree nuts)
- 11 Can I buy "plus size" clothes in France?
- 12 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 13 Portugal with children
- 14 French Etiquette! "Bonjour Madame or Bonjour Monsieur!
- 15 Keeping in touch with young children while in Europe
- 16 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 17 Garmisch
- 18 Split to Venice. Help!
- 19 Venice - things to do?
- 20 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 21 France, Italy, Ireland ?
- 22 Hotel and activity recommendations in Basque Region??
- 23 Any French Riviera Beach Reccs?
- 24 Please review ireland golf and sight seeing trip for beginning of May
- 25 Any opinions on the Scilly Isles? Penzance? Need a car?