On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Trip from Vienna to Melk, Durnstein and back to Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland and northern England
- 2 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 3 Germany for 3 weeks
- 4 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 5 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 6 rail pass
- 7 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 8 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 9 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 10 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 11 England, Scotland and Ireland Self-guided Tours
- 12 Zurich and other cities to visit?
- 13 Valencia, Granada, Seville or Malaga ????
- 14 Does anyone travel with trip notes on an ipad? Tech help please!
- 15 Comments on Iceland Itinerary Please
- 16 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?
- 17 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 18 4 weeks by rail starting Rome
- 19 Best area for apartment - attending conference Copenhagen
- 20 Need help on almost 3 weeks in Ireland: itinerary
- 21 Five weeks in Portugal - Does this route make sense?
- 22 Great restaurants in Italy
- 23 Madrid Airport - layover/immigration question
- 24 Madrid - and where else in Spain in March?
- 25 X-mas week in Istanbul trip report