On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Trip from Vienna to Melk, Durnstein and back to Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 2 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 3 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 4 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 5 All Set To Go!!
- 6 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 7 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 8 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 9 Renfe planning strike December 26th
- 10 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 11 22 year olds in Europe
- 12 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 13 Granada
- 14 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 15 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 16 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 17 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 18 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 19 Coffee in Naples
- 20 A Sardinia trip report
- 21 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 22 First time Ireland trip
- 23 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 24 Favorite place for morning espresso or cappucino in Venice
- 25 Spain and Portugal in Depth