On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 2 What do you trust more: Booking or Tripadvisor?
- 3 Greece Itinerary
- 4 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 5 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 6 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 7 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 8 What to shop for in Floeence, Chianti, Montalcino and CT
- 9 Barcelona and coastal towns
- 10 evening of song and dance
- 11 Hallstatt to Salzburg- getting back transportation questions
- 12 Dinan or Avranches to visit Le Mont St. Michel?
- 13 Scotland Highlands Help
- 14 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 15 Bed & Breakfast in Ireland - need reservations?
- 16 Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland
- 17 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 18 Ravenna Mosaics
- 19 Navigating the Swiss travel system
- 20 Amsterdam, Germany
- 21 Changing planes in Frankfurt
- 22 Naples or Genoa
- 23 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 24 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 25 Day Trip Orleans to Provins, an Italian Hill Town in France