On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Trip from Vienna to Melk, Durnstein and back to Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Verona Arena during the day
- 2 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 3 Need help in finalizing Switzerland travel dates
- 4 Calling home from abroad
- 5 Dordogne in October
- 6 Visiting Pompeii Via Train From Naples To Sorrento
- 7 Croatia: BEACHES/NIGHTCLUBS
- 8 Suggestion for wine tasting and winery tours in Tuscany
- 9 Scotland Wedding Planning, Added Belgium! Logistics help, Plz?
- 10 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 11 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 12 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 13 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 14 Paris first then where?
- 15 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 16 bringing back some bits from Italy. What's allowed?
- 17 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 18 CROATIA SPLIT
- 19 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 20 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 21 Does this sound feasible?
- 22 Family trip to Europe - suggestions welcome
- 23 :"Europe's Masterworks Vs. the Masses"
- 24 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 25 Stay away from EF Tours