On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 2 Unable to recollect things may be you are avid
- 3 Sim Card
- 4 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 5 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 6 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 7 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 8 Looking for advice on a Paris-based day trip to Reims
- 9 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 10 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 11 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 12 Traveling to Puglia in July
- 13 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 14 Puglia itinerary - need help!
- 15 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 16 Sleeping Beauty's Castle
- 17 Amalfi or Positano
- 18 Croatia travel ideas
- 19 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 20 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 21 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 22 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 23 Public Transport information App/Website
- 24 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 25 Kids Travel Guides for Reading up!