On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YIKES!
- 2 credit and debit cards
- 3 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 4 Cinqueterre
- 5 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 6 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 7 Swiss Pass
- 8 2 weeks in Germany – itinerary sanity check
- 9 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 10 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 11 Trip to Ireland in September
- 12 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 13 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 14 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 15 Best Car Rental - Dublin Drop of Shannon
- 16 Final Four
- 17 Next Spring: Copenhagen and ???
- 18 Charming areas to explore in London
- 19 Cornwall UK
- 20 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?
- 21 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 22 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 23 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 24 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 25 Help with Transportation Options in London