On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Belgium for the 1st time
- 2 http://www.supplementoffers.org/intelleral/
- 3 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 4 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 5 Lose Weight And Which It Stays Off Simply By Tips!
- 6 http://fitnesssteer.com/multiplex-garcinia/
- 7 Jack the Ripper Tour and Regent Palace Hotel
- 8 11 days in Andalusia
- 9 Norway Route to take for Self driving
- 10 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 11 Should we go to Vienna?
- 12 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 13 Summer 2017 with Teens and Family
- 14 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 15 Visit Uzes from Nimes by bus
- 16 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 17 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 18 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 19 norway self-drive itinerary
- 20 Loire Valley itinerary
- 21 Paris - Phantom - Theatre Mogador Fire
- 22 Iceland trip report
- 23 February in Florence
- 24 Ronda to Seville
- 25 Europe Itinerary