On our upcoming visit to Vienna (June this year) my wife and I were hoping to take the following day trip from Vienna:
Vienna to Melk by train
Visit Melk Abbey
Melk to Durnstein by boat
Take a train back to Vienna (via whatever means are available).
I have just read the very lengthy post http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/day-trip-to-melkdurnsteinkrems-from-vienna.cfm which sort of describes what my wife and I wish to do. However, given the number of times the post veered off into different directions and that there have been reported changes to the Rail system from Vienna, I was hoping for a more succinct explanation of how we should go about our planned day trip.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We're here!
- 2 6-7 Days in France
- 3 International Flight Question
- 4 5 Days in Switzerland
- 5 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 6 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 7 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 8 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 9 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 10 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 11 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 12 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 13 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 14 Bremerhaven and environs
- 15 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 16 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 17 Spain in July
- 18 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 19 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 20 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 21 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 22 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 23 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 24 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 25 Dresden: How Many Nights?