Im planning a trip around Spain, starting in February for my gap year. I want to get a flgiht from the UK to Seville, then visit Granada and Cordoba before going back to Seville. Then I want to get a domestic flight to Barcelona and then the train to Madrid. I want to stay in each city for a few days-basically this part of the trip should take 3 weeks up to a month.
At this point, depending on how much money I have, I may get a train to Salamanca and then Leon in order to do the Camino de Santiago where I will fly home, or I will just fly back from Madrid if I am out of money.
I have some questions though if anyone could help me:
1. Firstly, does this seem like a good plan? I want to see a lot of Spain but also have time to take in each place.
2. What would be the best way in terms of transport? I have looked at the renfe train pass, but it is quite expensive and I think it is probably cheaper to buy individual tickets. Does seville to Barcelona count as 1 journey on the renfe pass? Or is a flight better? Any thoughts would be appreciated hahah!
3. In terms of accomodation, I am thinking of doing a mixture of staying in hostels and couchsurfing. Has anyone done either of these? Is it very important to book far in advance or can you just turn up to a hostel and get a bed?
Thank you and I apologise for the length of this post and the number of questions! But I would love any help or thoughts about my trip!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 VERIZON @password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tech c*Are
- 2 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 3 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 4 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 5 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 6 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 7 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 8 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 9 Paris hotel
- 10 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 11 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 12 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 13 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 14 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 15 Stuck in Paris
- 16 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 17 Berlin to ?
- 18 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 19 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 20 Renting a car in Greece
- 21 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 22 Spain - day driver advice
- 23 Greece
- 24 Ex-pats with young kids
- 25 Iceland france spain