Im planning a trip around Spain, starting in February for my gap year. I want to get a flgiht from the UK to Seville, then visit Granada and Cordoba before going back to Seville. Then I want to get a domestic flight to Barcelona and then the train to Madrid. I want to stay in each city for a few days-basically this part of the trip should take 3 weeks up to a month.
At this point, depending on how much money I have, I may get a train to Salamanca and then Leon in order to do the Camino de Santiago where I will fly home, or I will just fly back from Madrid if I am out of money.
I have some questions though if anyone could help me:
1. Firstly, does this seem like a good plan? I want to see a lot of Spain but also have time to take in each place.
2. What would be the best way in terms of transport? I have looked at the renfe train pass, but it is quite expensive and I think it is probably cheaper to buy individual tickets. Does seville to Barcelona count as 1 journey on the renfe pass? Or is a flight better? Any thoughts would be appreciated hahah!
3. In terms of accomodation, I am thinking of doing a mixture of staying in hostels and couchsurfing. Has anyone done either of these? Is it very important to book far in advance or can you just turn up to a hostel and get a bed?
Thank you and I apologise for the length of this post and the number of questions! But I would love any help or thoughts about my trip!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION
- 4 Help with my southern Spain itinerary please!
- 5 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 6 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 7 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 8 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 9 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 10 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 11 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 12 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 13 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 14 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 15 Salamanca Spain - stay in town or nearby?
- 16 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 17 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 18 Nice/Monaco Train Question
- 19 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 20 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 21 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 22 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 23 base for Andalucia
- 24 Coastal Denmark
- 25 How to leave Slovenia for US?