Im planning a trip around Spain, starting in February for my gap year. I want to get a flgiht from the UK to Seville, then visit Granada and Cordoba before going back to Seville. Then I want to get a domestic flight to Barcelona and then the train to Madrid. I want to stay in each city for a few days-basically this part of the trip should take 3 weeks up to a month.
At this point, depending on how much money I have, I may get a train to Salamanca and then Leon in order to do the Camino de Santiago where I will fly home, or I will just fly back from Madrid if I am out of money.
I have some questions though if anyone could help me:
1. Firstly, does this seem like a good plan? I want to see a lot of Spain but also have time to take in each place.
2. What would be the best way in terms of transport? I have looked at the renfe train pass, but it is quite expensive and I think it is probably cheaper to buy individual tickets. Does seville to Barcelona count as 1 journey on the renfe pass? Or is a flight better? Any thoughts would be appreciated hahah!
3. In terms of accomodation, I am thinking of doing a mixture of staying in hostels and couchsurfing. Has anyone done either of these? Is it very important to book far in advance or can you just turn up to a hostel and get a bed?
Thank you and I apologise for the length of this post and the number of questions! But I would love any help or thoughts about my trip!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 2 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 3 Paris Metro
- 4 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 5 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 6 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 7 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 8 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 9 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 10 A good book!!
- 11 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 12 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 13 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 14 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 15 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 16 If you had to choose one......
- 17 CDG airport and connection time
- 18 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 19 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 20 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 21 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 22 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 23 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 24 getting to CDG
- 25 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris