Im planning a trip around Spain, starting in February for my gap year. I want to get a flgiht from the UK to Seville, then visit Granada and Cordoba before going back to Seville. Then I want to get a domestic flight to Barcelona and then the train to Madrid. I want to stay in each city for a few days-basically this part of the trip should take 3 weeks up to a month.
At this point, depending on how much money I have, I may get a train to Salamanca and then Leon in order to do the Camino de Santiago where I will fly home, or I will just fly back from Madrid if I am out of money.
I have some questions though if anyone could help me:
1. Firstly, does this seem like a good plan? I want to see a lot of Spain but also have time to take in each place.
2. What would be the best way in terms of transport? I have looked at the renfe train pass, but it is quite expensive and I think it is probably cheaper to buy individual tickets. Does seville to Barcelona count as 1 journey on the renfe pass? Or is a flight better? Any thoughts would be appreciated hahah!
3. In terms of accomodation, I am thinking of doing a mixture of staying in hostels and couchsurfing. Has anyone done either of these? Is it very important to book far in advance or can you just turn up to a hostel and get a bed?
Thank you and I apologise for the length of this post and the number of questions! But I would love any help or thoughts about my trip!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 2 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 3 Things to do in Brussels
- 4 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 5 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 6 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 7 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 8 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 9 Cont...@yahoo Mai** Sup **18884823831** Tech Sup PH NO ☛☎
- 10 Chilling in the Aeolian Islands
- 11 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 12 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 13 16 Days in Scotland in May with Our Two Boys
- 14 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 15 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 16 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 17 Madrid airport question
- 18 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 19 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 20 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 21 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 22 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 23 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 24 38 Days in Paris
- 25 Naxos car rental