I'm in the process of planning a trip to Slovenia with my 70-something parents for a week this August and am wrestling with one leg of the trip. We'd like to spend two nights on the Adriatic, seeing a bit of Trieste and Piran, but I'm trying to decide which is the better city to make as a base. Trieste seems to have more hotel options, being a larger city. I'm guessing the food might be better there too.
Is one preferable as a place to stay? We're not going to be hitting the beach, so that's not a factor. Our interests are more in historical/cultural sites and wandering historic neighborhoods.
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan and Lake Como
- 2 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 3 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 4 Venice in October... by myself! (Please advise.)
- 5 One week in Europe
- 6 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 7 Itinerary Germany 9/10 - 9/24/17
- 8 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 9 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 10 Munich itinerary review
- 11 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 12 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 13 Switzerland in September
- 14 Where to eat in Rome?
- 15 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 16 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 17 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 18 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 19 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 20 AMS Car Rental
- 21 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 22 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 23 London Theater
- 24 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 25 Europe itinerary questions