I'm in the process of planning a trip to Slovenia with my 70-something parents for a week this August and am wrestling with one leg of the trip. We'd like to spend two nights on the Adriatic, seeing a bit of Trieste and Piran, but I'm trying to decide which is the better city to make as a base. Trieste seems to have more hotel options, being a larger city. I'm guessing the food might be better there too.
Is one preferable as a place to stay? We're not going to be hitting the beach, so that's not a factor. Our interests are more in historical/cultural sites and wandering historic neighborhoods.
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 2 http://healthnbeautyfacts.com/zyntix/
- 3 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 4 http://top10sideeffects.com/hl12-supplement/
- 5 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 6 London is it worth it?
- 7 Montserrat Express
- 8 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 9 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 10 International drivers permit
- 11 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 12 Places to stop/stay?
- 13 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 14 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 15 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 16 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 17 ATM help
- 18 Stockholm 5.5 days
- 19 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 20 Visit to Sardinia
- 21 Car Rentals in Ireland
- 22 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 23 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 24 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 25 6 days in Stockholm - itinerary, questions