I'm in the process of planning a trip to Slovenia with my 70-something parents for a week this August and am wrestling with one leg of the trip. We'd like to spend two nights on the Adriatic, seeing a bit of Trieste and Piran, but I'm trying to decide which is the better city to make as a base. Trieste seems to have more hotel options, being a larger city. I'm guessing the food might be better there too.
Is one preferable as a place to stay? We're not going to be hitting the beach, so that's not a factor. Our interests are more in historical/cultural sites and wandering historic neighborhoods.
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EPSON printer Installation CONTACT☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h Supp0rt care
- 2 YAHOO 1:888:260:2909 Password Reset CONTACT ☎ YAHOO TEC*h 24*7
- 3 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 4 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 5 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 6 Car rental Malaga to Seville
- 7 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 8 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 9 Train Through Spain
- 10 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 11 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 12 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 13 Italy June 6-16
- 14 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 15 Help with Algarve resort/ driver and excursions for big family trip?
- 16 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 17 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 18 hill of crosses
- 19 Planning A trip
- 20 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 21 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 22 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 23 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 24 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 25 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh