So this is my first time travelling to Italy and I chose Alitalia BEFORE reading bad reviews about lost baggage. Should I expect to lose my baggage if I decide to check- in my baggage?
My trip will be 13 days long and I do not know if a carry-on would be enough. I will be departing from Miami on Dec 16th and arriving at Ancona with a 4 hours layover in Rome. I am worried since I have read lots of bad reviews about Alitalia and lost luggage especially when having a connection.
Additionally, my returning date will be Dec 30th, with only a 1 hour and a half layover in Rome.
What do you think? Please give me some advice, Carry-on or check-in baggage?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Denis Cathedral
- 2 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 3 No Periods in British Written English!
- 4 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 5 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 6 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 7 Perugia
- 8 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 9 May get together in Paris
- 10 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 11 Paris in September
- 12 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 13 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 14 Day trips from Florence
- 15 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 16 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 17 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 18 First time in Bulgaria
- 19 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 20 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 21 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 22 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 23 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 24 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 25 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?