So this is my first time travelling to Italy and I chose Alitalia BEFORE reading bad reviews about lost baggage. Should I expect to lose my baggage if I decide to check- in my baggage?
My trip will be 13 days long and I do not know if a carry-on would be enough. I will be departing from Miami on Dec 16th and arriving at Ancona with a 4 hours layover in Rome. I am worried since I have read lots of bad reviews about Alitalia and lost luggage especially when having a connection.
Additionally, my returning date will be Dec 30th, with only a 1 hour and a half layover in Rome.
What do you think? Please give me some advice, Carry-on or check-in baggage?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 2 Appenzell in December?
- 3 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 4 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 5 Traveling in Belgium
- 6 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 7 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 8 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 9 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 10 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 11 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 12 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 13 Booking.com trustworthy?
- 14 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 15 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 16 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 17 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 18 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 19 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 20 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 21 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 22 Rick Steves Pickpocketed in Paris!
- 23 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 24 4 days in france w 4 kids
- 25 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?