I am travelling to the UK for the first time at the end of the month and would be super grateful if you could help me out with your expert opinions! I will be travelling from South Africa with a stop over in Doha on Qatar airlines.
1) Is the 7kgs that I am allowed to carry in my hand-luggage separate to the 30kgs I can carry in my other luggage?
2) Can I buy cigarettes at the duty-free and bring them back to SA on my return flight? how many?
3) Can I use ZAR at Doha duty-free and other shops in the airport?
4) I have a seven hour lay-over on the way back, is it easy to find your way around the airport?
5) as my cellphone will not work there, are their public phones and what currency can I use on them?
6) Can I buy alcohol at the duty-free and take it into London? I have seen that there is a limit on the amount of liquids you are allowed to carry on board, does this include stuff bought at duty-free?
Any help would be much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 2 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 3 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 4 Paris and Normandy
- 5 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 6 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 7 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 8 British Airways - Global Entry - TSA precheck
- 9 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 10 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 11 DUBROVNIK: staying inside oldtown vs Hotel Excelsior/Hilton?
- 12 London in Winter Report
- 13 Santorini Greece - Cooking Lessons
- 14 Spain in September/October:a Good Idea?
- 15 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 16 Airport Transit Visa
- 17 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 18 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 19 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 20 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 21 Paris advice with kids
- 22 Anniversary trip to France
- 23 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 24 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 25 Early morning flight Venice/VCE