We are taking a family holiday - first time (for kids) to Europe for a month. Flying into London and heading to Germany where we will base ourselves for a week (near Frankfurt ) including 2-3 days in Paris. We then plan to head down to Italy by train and base ourselves somewhere in Tuscany and do day trips to Florence, Rome, Sienna and get a feel for the village life in Italy. Prior to this we will go to Venice for a couple of days. Looking at travelling beginning of October. We are thinking of hiring a car to travel around Tuscany. We would rather spend time in one place and get a good look rather than rush and see too much Any ideas on where to stay, I was thinking of a villa with a swimming pool - will it be too cold at that time of the year? What are the essentials to see - kids are 12 and 14 and not into museums.
Travelling to Europe with teenagers
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 2 Need Advice! Munich to Strasbourg to Paris
- 3 Iwango went…to Nice
- 4 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 5 Northern Europe in April-May
- 6 A Duty Nobly Done — Anselm and Margriet in Flanders and Picardy
- 7 “… I fear’d to set my foot upon a dead man’s cheek” - Anselm in northern France
- 8 Help ... bus from Cappadocia (Kayseri) to Antalya or Fethiye
- 9 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 10 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 11 Airport ATMs
- 12 caroline_venezia
- 13 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 14 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 15 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 16 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 17 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland
- 18 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 19 First time to Switzerland
- 20 Visiting the Azores Islands (Portugal) LOVELY LOVELY Experiences
- 21 Italy dolomites
- 22 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 23 First time Ireland trip
- 24 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 25 Switzerland help...?