We are taking a family holiday - first time (for kids) to Europe for a month. Flying into London and heading to Germany where we will base ourselves for a week (near Frankfurt ) including 2-3 days in Paris. We then plan to head down to Italy by train and base ourselves somewhere in Tuscany and do day trips to Florence, Rome, Sienna and get a feel for the village life in Italy. Prior to this we will go to Venice for a couple of days. Looking at travelling beginning of October. We are thinking of hiring a car to travel around Tuscany. We would rather spend time in one place and get a good look rather than rush and see too much Any ideas on where to stay, I was thinking of a villa with a swimming pool - will it be too cold at that time of the year? What are the essentials to see - kids are 12 and 14 and not into museums.
Travelling to Europe with teenagers
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 2 getting on highway from Avignon TVG Europcar rental place
- 3 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 4 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 5 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 6 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 7 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 8 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 9 Munich with a car?
- 10 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 11 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 12 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 13 Toulouse and beyond -
- 14 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 15 People acting out Paris Metro Names
- 16 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 17 Reims for a day
- 18 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 19 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 20 Abruzzo for 5 days
- 21 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 22 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 23 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 24 poland to switzerland
- 25 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday