My husband and I are travelling throughout Europe for a month, with an 8 month old son. I have already booked the majority of our transportation- ranging from flights, cars and one train.
Then, a moment of panic set in.
I have read areas where the train webpage says "must make reservation of children, even though they travel for free":
"Seat, couchette and other reservations must be made even for a child traveling for free and still requires a reservation fee" -- Trenilita webpage
Now, I know it refers to a 'child' but, similar to a flight, you always put in the infants information-- there is no area for this for infants on the Italian Trains (where I have been focusing my efforts)
I am hoping someone can put me at ease: since infants travel for free-- is there any 'reservation' I have to make for him? Or, can we easily take him aboard with a purchased adult ticket?
Also, if you have travelled with an infant and care to share any tips... that is always appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 2 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 3 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 4 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 5 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 6 National Museum in Krakow; Auschwitz art
- 7 Beauty of Bruges and Brussels
- 8 B&Bs in Ireland
- 9 Zadar or Sibenik
- 10 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 11 Best road from Tubingen to Lindau Bodensee
- 12 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 13 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 14 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 15 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 16 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 17 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 18 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 19 Anyone Use the Venezia Unica City Pass?
- 20 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 21 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 22 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 23 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 24 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 25 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary