My husband and I are travelling throughout Europe for a month, with an 8 month old son. I have already booked the majority of our transportation- ranging from flights, cars and one train.
Then, a moment of panic set in.
I have read areas where the train webpage says "must make reservation of children, even though they travel for free":
"Seat, couchette and other reservations must be made even for a child traveling for free and still requires a reservation fee" -- Trenilita webpage
Now, I know it refers to a 'child' but, similar to a flight, you always put in the infants information-- there is no area for this for infants on the Italian Trains (where I have been focusing my efforts)
I am hoping someone can put me at ease: since infants travel for free-- is there any 'reservation' I have to make for him? Or, can we easily take him aboard with a purchased adult ticket?
Also, if you have travelled with an infant and care to share any tips... that is always appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US : BROTHER Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681 :7208 BROTHER PRINTER 24*7
- 2 brother printer TEch 1:800:681:7208 SuppOrt contact
- 3 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 4 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 5 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 6 London is it worth it?
- 7 First visit to London
- 8 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 9 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 10 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 11 Paris and Normandy
- 12 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 13 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 14 Florence or Genoa airport - Flying from Barcelona to get to Cinque Terre?
- 15 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 16 Help me make this possible!
- 17 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 18 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 19 Car Rental
- 20 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 21 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 22 Awful experience with Ace Car Rental Iceland
- 23 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 24 Balkans
- 25 My first trip to Crete