My husband and I are travelling throughout Europe for a month, with an 8 month old son. I have already booked the majority of our transportation- ranging from flights, cars and one train.
Then, a moment of panic set in.
I have read areas where the train webpage says "must make reservation of children, even though they travel for free":
"Seat, couchette and other reservations must be made even for a child traveling for free and still requires a reservation fee" -- Trenilita webpage
Now, I know it refers to a 'child' but, similar to a flight, you always put in the infants information-- there is no area for this for infants on the Italian Trains (where I have been focusing my efforts)
I am hoping someone can put me at ease: since infants travel for free-- is there any 'reservation' I have to make for him? Or, can we easily take him aboard with a purchased adult ticket?
Also, if you have travelled with an infant and care to share any tips... that is always appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin
- 2 Ideas for drive from Munich to Ramstein/Kaiserslautern to Garmisch
- 3 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 4 Need advice on the place to visit in Prague
- 5 3 days solo in London
- 6 Info for Edinburgh visit
- 7 Best layover option
- 8 Summer Mountain Retreats
- 9 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 10 Spanish Civil War Tour in Barcelona
- 11 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 12 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 13 Belfast leading up to July 12
- 14 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 15 Rethinking my late September vacation in Madrid/Andalusia – Italy instead?
- 16 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 17 Hotels in Turin
- 18 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 19 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 20 3 months in Bristol
- 21 TR-Croatia and Italy. A bit long but it's all here in one post.
- 22 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 23 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 24 Bus from Potsdam to Dresden
- 25 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace