My husband and I are travelling throughout Europe for a month, with an 8 month old son. I have already booked the majority of our transportation- ranging from flights, cars and one train.
Then, a moment of panic set in.
I have read areas where the train webpage says "must make reservation of children, even though they travel for free":
"Seat, couchette and other reservations must be made even for a child traveling for free and still requires a reservation fee" -- Trenilita webpage
Now, I know it refers to a 'child' but, similar to a flight, you always put in the infants information-- there is no area for this for infants on the Italian Trains (where I have been focusing my efforts)
I am hoping someone can put me at ease: since infants travel for free-- is there any 'reservation' I have to make for him? Or, can we easily take him aboard with a purchased adult ticket?
Also, if you have travelled with an infant and care to share any tips... that is always appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 2 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 3 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 4 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 5 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 6 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 7 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 8 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 9 House Hunting in France
- 10 English Countryside
- 11 Tour of Northern Italy
- 12 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 13 Cognac transportation?
- 14 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 15 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 16 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 17 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 18 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 19 Granada to Madrid
- 20 San Sebastian
- 21 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 22 Hotel in Vienna
- 23 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 24 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 25 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris