Looking for some advice for a trip in Europe starting in London going to Paris. Obviously travelling by train makes sense here. What about the rest of what we want to do? I am open to suggestions as to order we visit places as well. We would like to hike in Switzerland. The more I read, the more I am leaning toward the Lauterbrunnen area but if anyone has any better suggestions I'm open to that. There will be 4 and possibly 6 of us so any suggestions on cheap accomodations for 2-3 nights would be great too as things are so expensive there. Rome is a definite but we would also like Florence and Venice. We would want to fly home to Canada from our final spot. I would have liked Austria but might have to forgo that place.
travelling by train
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 2 Italy tours
- 3 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 4 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 5 Florence over Christmas w kids
- 6 Oxford or Cambridge?
- 7 Best day trips from Paris
- 8 Scottish Passport
- 9 California touring rock thrash band, France and Italy
- 10 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 11 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 12 cell phone usage in Italy (US)
- 13 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 14 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 15 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 16 Good Loire Valley 2 day tour group? Or also do Mt. St Michel?
- 17 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s
- 18 Viator.com in Turkey
- 19 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 20 visit a working farm in Southern Ireland
- 21 Paris to Chantilly transportation question
- 22 Netflix has expanded to 6 new countries today.
- 23 Florence Hotel Advice
- 24 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 25 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland