Looking for some advice for a trip in Europe starting in London going to Paris. Obviously travelling by train makes sense here. What about the rest of what we want to do? I am open to suggestions as to order we visit places as well. We would like to hike in Switzerland. The more I read, the more I am leaning toward the Lauterbrunnen area but if anyone has any better suggestions I'm open to that. There will be 4 and possibly 6 of us so any suggestions on cheap accomodations for 2-3 nights would be great too as things are so expensive there. Rome is a definite but we would also like Florence and Venice. We would want to fly home to Canada from our final spot. I would have liked Austria but might have to forgo that place.
travelling by train
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Montpellier - To do? To eat? To Shop?
- 2 Athens and which islands?
- 3 TGV and Intercités Sales Open April 2 forTravel Through August 30
- 4 Eleanor's Pages
- 5 Is the roof of La Grande Arche de la Défense open yet?
- 6 "Untours" as a tour guide
- 7 Exquisite side trip from Cinque Terre?
- 8 Trip from Vienna to Budapest
- 9 Help with Lucerne in April
- 10 Exchanging Dollars to Euros
- 11 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 12 Car rental at Athens airport
- 13 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 14 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 15 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 16 UK's 6 month tourist visa
- 17 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 18 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 19 Question About Belgiun Train Travel
- 20 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 21 Neuschwanstein to Linderhof by car
- 22 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 23 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 24 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 25 From Bordeaux to Toulouse