Looking for some advice for a trip in Europe starting in London going to Paris. Obviously travelling by train makes sense here. What about the rest of what we want to do? I am open to suggestions as to order we visit places as well. We would like to hike in Switzerland. The more I read, the more I am leaning toward the Lauterbrunnen area but if anyone has any better suggestions I'm open to that. There will be 4 and possibly 6 of us so any suggestions on cheap accomodations for 2-3 nights would be great too as things are so expensive there. Rome is a definite but we would also like Florence and Venice. We would want to fly home to Canada from our final spot. I would have liked Austria but might have to forgo that place.
travelling by train
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 2 Our first Europe Trip Planning
- 3 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 4 Three ferries to Mull
- 5 Eastern Europe
- 6 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 7 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 8 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 9 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 10 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 11 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 12 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 13 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 14 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 15 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 16 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 17 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 18 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 19 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 20 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 21 American Express
- 22 Airport ATMs
- 23 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 24 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 25 Christmas markets: E Germany, Poland, Prague