Looking for some advice for a trip in Europe starting in London going to Paris. Obviously travelling by train makes sense here. What about the rest of what we want to do? I am open to suggestions as to order we visit places as well. We would like to hike in Switzerland. The more I read, the more I am leaning toward the Lauterbrunnen area but if anyone has any better suggestions I'm open to that. There will be 4 and possibly 6 of us so any suggestions on cheap accomodations for 2-3 nights would be great too as things are so expensive there. Rome is a definite but we would also like Florence and Venice. We would want to fly home to Canada from our final spot. I would have liked Austria but might have to forgo that place.
travelling by train
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 2 Globus Tours
- 3 Ireland Itinerary Feedback Please
- 4 First Trip to Europe
- 5 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 6 Skip the line at Vatican museum?
- 7 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 8 Paris -> Berlin - What's the cheapest mode of transportation?
- 9 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 10 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 11 Travel Time from St. Pancras to Paddington
- 12 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 13 guided tours at Prado and Granada
- 14 London hotel tax is 20%
- 15 ITALY
- 16 Help for San Sebastian
- 17 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 18 Royal Opera House question?
- 19 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 20 3 days in Rome
- 21 Please help with itinerary...
- 22 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 23 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 24 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 25 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France