Looking for some advice for a trip in Europe starting in London going to Paris. Obviously travelling by train makes sense here. What about the rest of what we want to do? I am open to suggestions as to order we visit places as well. We would like to hike in Switzerland. The more I read, the more I am leaning toward the Lauterbrunnen area but if anyone has any better suggestions I'm open to that. There will be 4 and possibly 6 of us so any suggestions on cheap accomodations for 2-3 nights would be great too as things are so expensive there. Rome is a definite but we would also like Florence and Venice. We would want to fly home to Canada from our final spot. I would have liked Austria but might have to forgo that place.
travelling by train
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel by train in Poland?
- 2 Aerofloat-safe or not?
- 3 Bunratty vs Ulster American Folk Park
- 4 First Solo Trip Spain/ Portugal
- 5 European Quiz: Tuesday # 67 - Seaside Resorts!
- 6 SICILY:The Second Time Around in 22Days for 55th Anniversary !!!
- 7 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 8 What do you think of this itinerary?
- 9 buying souviners and art
- 10 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 11 Tyrol - need general help
- 12 scotland trave;
- 13 Positano in high season???
- 14 Please help me plan my trip!
- 15 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 16 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 17 Your favorite hotels in Poland & Amsterdam?
- 18 Breakfast in Tuscany - any options other than pastry & coffee?
- 19 Need help in choosing a destination(s)... Please Help!
- 20 New Chip and Pin Card from American Airlines
- 21 Travel services for Spain
- 22 Greece ferries/speed boats?
- 23 Tour France On Line (Video + Stills)
- 24 gare de lyon paris
- 25 Cappadocia Cave hotel suggestion