Looking for some advice for a trip in Europe starting in London going to Paris. Obviously travelling by train makes sense here. What about the rest of what we want to do? I am open to suggestions as to order we visit places as well. We would like to hike in Switzerland. The more I read, the more I am leaning toward the Lauterbrunnen area but if anyone has any better suggestions I'm open to that. There will be 4 and possibly 6 of us so any suggestions on cheap accomodations for 2-3 nights would be great too as things are so expensive there. Rome is a definite but we would also like Florence and Venice. We would want to fly home to Canada from our final spot. I would have liked Austria but might have to forgo that place.
travelling by train
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 2 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 3 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 4 Is my plan ok
- 5 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 6 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 7 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 8 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 9 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 10 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 11 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 12 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt
- 13 Portugal Trip
- 14 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 15 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 16 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 17 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 18 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 19 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 20 CROATIA - Split to Hvar Island ???
- 21 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 22 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 23 Southern Spain
- 24 Reputable Tours
- 25 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids