Looking for some advice for a trip in Europe starting in London going to Paris. Obviously travelling by train makes sense here. What about the rest of what we want to do? I am open to suggestions as to order we visit places as well. We would like to hike in Switzerland. The more I read, the more I am leaning toward the Lauterbrunnen area but if anyone has any better suggestions I'm open to that. There will be 4 and possibly 6 of us so any suggestions on cheap accomodations for 2-3 nights would be great too as things are so expensive there. Rome is a definite but we would also like Florence and Venice. We would want to fly home to Canada from our final spot. I would have liked Austria but might have to forgo that place.
travelling by train
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 2 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 3 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 4 Benefits of Living in an HOA Community of the Cindy Shearin Group
- 5 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 6 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 7 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 8 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 9 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 10 Hut to hut hiking in Bavarian alps
- 11 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 12 Estonia Amber
- 13 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 14 Quick notes from 2 weeks in Turkey
- 15 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 16 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 17 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 18 UK for 12 days !
- 19 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 20 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 21 Hungary - Budapest Eger Szentendre photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 22 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 23 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 24 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 25 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday