Looking for some advice for a trip in Europe starting in London going to Paris. Obviously travelling by train makes sense here. What about the rest of what we want to do? I am open to suggestions as to order we visit places as well. We would like to hike in Switzerland. The more I read, the more I am leaning toward the Lauterbrunnen area but if anyone has any better suggestions I'm open to that. There will be 4 and possibly 6 of us so any suggestions on cheap accomodations for 2-3 nights would be great too as things are so expensive there. Rome is a definite but we would also like Florence and Venice. We would want to fly home to Canada from our final spot. I would have liked Austria but might have to forgo that place.
travelling by train
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Food Tour
- 2 trip to norway
- 3 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 4 Ireland or Scotland
- 5 How late is too late for a trip report?
- 6 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 7 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 8 Rome restaurant suggestions
- 9 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 10 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 11 Italy and Croatia
- 12 Following the Tour de France via Campervan
- 13 Help with England/Wales tour
- 14 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 15 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 16 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 17 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 18 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 19 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 20 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 21 Walkers Haute Route, TMB, etc. closed until June 2015
- 22 Where to go in France mid July?
- 23 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 24 Has anyone rented an apartment through Honeymoon in Paris?
- 25 Cruise the River Shannon