Looking for some advice for a trip in Europe starting in London going to Paris. Obviously travelling by train makes sense here. What about the rest of what we want to do? I am open to suggestions as to order we visit places as well. We would like to hike in Switzerland. The more I read, the more I am leaning toward the Lauterbrunnen area but if anyone has any better suggestions I'm open to that. There will be 4 and possibly 6 of us so any suggestions on cheap accomodations for 2-3 nights would be great too as things are so expensive there. Rome is a definite but we would also like Florence and Venice. We would want to fly home to Canada from our final spot. I would have liked Austria but might have to forgo that place.
travelling by train
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 2 Switzerland
- 3 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 4 England and Scotland
- 5 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 6 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 7 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 8 Trains in Italy
- 9 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 10 Gite and/or agritourism
- 11 20 days in Germany
- 12 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 13 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 14 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 15 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 16 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 17 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 18 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 19 Athens/Istanbul March
- 20 French open
- 21 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 22 Azores
- 23 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 24 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 25 What to do during Christmas in Paris?