My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in Ireland from March 8 - 18. We're planning on landing in Cork and then travelling through SouthWestern Ireland and leaving from Shannon. I noticed from other people's posts that it is common to rent a car to get around as a tourist in Ireland but I have heard that the rental and the gas can be expensive.
Is it possible to get around by bus and train? or would this end up being time consuming and costly as well?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Drinks in Spain
- 2 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 3 Train in France-1st versus 2nd class?
- 4 Viator's Tuscany in one day sightseeing tour
- 5 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 6 Gelato course in Rome?
- 7 Ali
- 8 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 9 Oct '16 Tuscany assistance
- 10 Too much for one day?
- 11 Travel WiFi - France
- 12 Norfolk base
- 13 Lipari to Capri??
- 14 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 15 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 16 Iceland Trip report
- 17 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 18 12 days europe
- 19 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 20 Spain Itinerary Help
- 21 13 days in Paris, plans and budget
- 22 RFID Protection
- 23 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 24 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 25 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris