My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in Ireland from March 8 - 18. We're planning on landing in Cork and then travelling through SouthWestern Ireland and leaving from Shannon. I noticed from other people's posts that it is common to rent a car to get around as a tourist in Ireland but I have heard that the rental and the gas can be expensive.
Is it possible to get around by bus and train? or would this end up being time consuming and costly as well?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 2 Cheap airfare to Europe?
- 3 16-Day Driving Trip in Sicily
- 4 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 5 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 6 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 7 Southern Italy with 3 teens for a week
- 8 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 9 Italy train question
- 10 Lake Maggiore
- 11 Norway Fjords
- 12 Possible itinerary - thoughts?
- 13 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 14 Castle Hunters on HGTV - anyone watch?
- 15 3 Days in the Black Forest
- 16 Desperate Help with Itinerary to Alsace/Alps/Provence
- 17 POST CRUISE IN ROME FOR 5 DAYS
- 18 Best Route Belmonte to Pinhao
- 19 Pera palace hotel Istanbul
- 20 My niece wants a one week student tour
- 21 Help with Basque Country in Spain and France
- 22 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 23 From Denmark to Balkan and around
- 24 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 25 Day trip suggestion from London