My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in Ireland from March 8 - 18. We're planning on landing in Cork and then travelling through SouthWestern Ireland and leaving from Shannon. I noticed from other people's posts that it is common to rent a car to get around as a tourist in Ireland but I have heard that the rental and the gas can be expensive.
Is it possible to get around by bus and train? or would this end up being time consuming and costly as well?
Travelling by bus and train in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 2 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 3 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 4 Avignon to London?
- 5 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 6 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 7 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 8 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 9 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 10 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 11 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 12 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 13 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 14 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 15 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 16 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 17 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 18 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 19 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 20 Gotland Sweden Hotels
- 21 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 22 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 23 Mycenae Documentary
- 24 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 25 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male