My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in Ireland from March 8 - 18. We're planning on landing in Cork and then travelling through SouthWestern Ireland and leaving from Shannon. I noticed from other people's posts that it is common to rent a car to get around as a tourist in Ireland but I have heard that the rental and the gas can be expensive.
Is it possible to get around by bus and train? or would this end up being time consuming and costly as well?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 2 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 3 Best way to get out of London and rent a car?
- 4 Late June 2017 - Capri/Amalfi Coast vs Serengeti Safari
- 5 Visiting Cornwall September 2016
- 6 Car service- Suitcase & hand luggage
- 7 Dublin Ireland Advice Needed
- 8 Car rental/train option to Paola/San Lucido Italy? - Mom and 3 kids
- 9 Car service of choice in Rome? Uber?
- 10 Venice, Italy to Amalfi coast
- 11 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 12 Where to go in March??
- 13 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 14 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 15 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 16 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 17 Documentation Entering/Leaving Schengen Region
- 18 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 19 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 20 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 21 please revew provence agenda
- 22 Self-Drive: Dublin to Shannon, or Belfast to Dublin
- 23 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 24 Age limitation for car rental
- 25 Do i need to validate international train tickets?