My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in Ireland from March 8 - 18. We're planning on landing in Cork and then travelling through SouthWestern Ireland and leaving from Shannon. I noticed from other people's posts that it is common to rent a car to get around as a tourist in Ireland but I have heard that the rental and the gas can be expensive.
Is it possible to get around by bus and train? or would this end up being time consuming and costly as well?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 3 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 4 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 5 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 6 Shuttle service from Munich to Prague
- 7 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 8 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 9 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 10 Camogli and surrounds
- 11 Comments on Apt Location in Madrid
- 12 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 13 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 14 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 15 Shorts in South of France?
- 16 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 17 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 18 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 19 Are DSLR cameras allowed for Papal Audience
- 20 Route des Vins
- 21 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 22 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 23 Les Invalides Night Show
- 24 base for Andalucia
- 25 Taxi or Aeroexpress from Domodedovo Airport to center of Moscow?