My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in Ireland from March 8 - 18. We're planning on landing in Cork and then travelling through SouthWestern Ireland and leaving from Shannon. I noticed from other people's posts that it is common to rent a car to get around as a tourist in Ireland but I have heard that the rental and the gas can be expensive.
Is it possible to get around by bus and train? or would this end up being time consuming and costly as well?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tipping for private van/bus driver in Ireland?
- 2 Palma de Mallorca
- 3 Sagrada Familia-Guide or Audio
- 4 Terminal 1 CDG Airport to Le Bus Direct Line 2 Station Airport
- 5 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 6 currency
- 7 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 8 My San Sebastian ideas
- 9 italy itinerary request
- 10 Tuscany: Which town(s) to stay in if main priorities are wine & food?
- 11 Nuremberg daytrip..train or car ?
- 12 Shopping Paris for Teenage Girl
- 13 Venice to Frankfort - via Switzerland?
- 14 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
- 15 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 16 Sardinia, Italy
- 17 Off to Ireland again! Solo trip...
- 18 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 19 Italy Countryside Itinerary help
- 20 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 21 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 22 Lisbon Airport - A Huge Mess
- 23 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 24 Easiest way to send photo eq. to the hotel
- 25 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily