My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in Ireland from March 8 - 18. We're planning on landing in Cork and then travelling through SouthWestern Ireland and leaving from Shannon. I noticed from other people's posts that it is common to rent a car to get around as a tourist in Ireland but I have heard that the rental and the gas can be expensive.
Is it possible to get around by bus and train? or would this end up being time consuming and costly as well?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 2 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 3 Train up the Jungfrau
- 4 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 5 Valencia, Spain
- 6 Another Question re Scotland
- 7 London, Glasgow, and ?
- 8 Driver"s License & Language
- 9 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 10 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 11 credit and debit cards
- 12 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 13 May get together in Paris
- 14 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 15 Begur, Tossa de Mar, Sitges
- 16 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 17 ENGLAND-SCTOLAND-FRANCE-need help travelling solo
- 18 Need suggestions for great restaurants in Gstaad and the Bernese Oberland
- 19 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 20 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 21 Airfare to Italy
- 22 My Final Swiss Destination List
- 23 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 24 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 25 2-4-1 / the best way to use this facility ...