My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in Ireland from March 8 - 18. We're planning on landing in Cork and then travelling through SouthWestern Ireland and leaving from Shannon. I noticed from other people's posts that it is common to rent a car to get around as a tourist in Ireland but I have heard that the rental and the gas can be expensive.
Is it possible to get around by bus and train? or would this end up being time consuming and costly as well?
Travelling by bus and train in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budget for 3 Month's
- 2 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 3 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 4 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 5 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 6 Small group for Colosseum
- 7 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 8 Madrid and London
- 9 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 10 London visit
- 11 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 12 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 13 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 14 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 15 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 16 21 Days in Central Europe
- 17 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 18 Lofoten ferry
- 19 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 20 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 21 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 22 Italian cooking classes
- 23 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 24 Breaking out of the Nutshell: Oslo, Bergen, the Sognefjord and Copenhagen
- 25 Fjords, How To?