My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in Ireland from March 8 - 18. We're planning on landing in Cork and then travelling through SouthWestern Ireland and leaving from Shannon. I noticed from other people's posts that it is common to rent a car to get around as a tourist in Ireland but I have heard that the rental and the gas can be expensive.
Is it possible to get around by bus and train? or would this end up being time consuming and costly as well?
Travelling by bus and train in Ireland
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 WOW Russia Tours St. Petersburg
- 3 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 4 2 Week European Itinerary
- 5 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 6 Car in Prague
- 7 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 8 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 9 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 10 Cell phones in Europe if my current phone isn't international capable?
- 11 Rome Accommodation
- 12 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 13 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 14 Istanbul hotels
- 15 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 16 Germany with our 2 girls....help with itinerary
- 17 TGV and Provence questions
- 18 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 19 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 20 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 21 Barcelona - Hotel Help
- 22 To Paris and Provence in June
- 23 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 24 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 25 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)