I just login to this great forum. I'am travelling with my girlfriend to Europe from Dec 14th to Jan 10th. We have prioritized france, and our first visit is to burgundy from Dec 20th until Dec 22th where we booked a package of 2 nights and 3 days where we do a tour of the city, and two wine tours of 6 hours each.
We rented a car for a week and we pick on December 22 in Bordeaux, with the objective to get to PAris by car. Our idea is to visit the best tourist attractions, sites and landscapes on the wap. And this is where I want to ask you advice. A couple of years ago StCirq commented and i quote: "that a good tour would be to go to Cap Ferret and the Dune du Pyla and Arcachon (unless your daughter has already visited them), then up the coast to La Rochelle. Finally, park there and make sure to go out to the Ile de Ré. Visit the Cognac area along the way. Then, go to Loire valley for a day tour to a Château or two.
Is this idea the best one? Any recommendations will be VERY HELPFUL!!!!
Thank you very much in advance.
Travelling br car from Bordeaux to Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 2 Car rental at Athens airport
- 3 First Time in Italy 12-14 Days
- 4 milan austria
- 5 Need help extending plan beyond France
- 6 Genoa - What are the Must Do's
- 7 UK's 6 month tourist visa
- 8 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 9 accomodation fo granada, malaga, ronda and cadiz
- 10 Help with Itinerary, choosing Florence and Venice over Chianti area
- 11 Still at a loss for best place to stop on Pyrenees Road trip.
- 12 Suggestions for my Andalucia Itinerary
- 13 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 14 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?
- 15 family of 5 travelling London to Vienna
- 16 Any trouble using credit card on Bono Turistico Granada website?
- 17 British Royals
- 18 driving from Bordeaux to Paris
- 19 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 20 Hotels in old Rome
- 21 Phone/GPS/Internet Access Strategies for European Vacation
- 22 France/Spain in june: Catalonia help, girona figures costa brava barcelona
- 23 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 24 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 25 St Gervais les-Bains to Colmar: Where to Stop for the Night?