I just login to this great forum. I'am travelling with my girlfriend to Europe from Dec 14th to Jan 10th. We have prioritized france, and our first visit is to burgundy from Dec 20th until Dec 22th where we booked a package of 2 nights and 3 days where we do a tour of the city, and two wine tours of 6 hours each.
We rented a car for a week and we pick on December 22 in Bordeaux, with the objective to get to PAris by car. Our idea is to visit the best tourist attractions, sites and landscapes on the wap. And this is where I want to ask you advice. A couple of years ago StCirq commented and i quote: "that a good tour would be to go to Cap Ferret and the Dune du Pyla and Arcachon (unless your daughter has already visited them), then up the coast to La Rochelle. Finally, park there and make sure to go out to the Ile de Ré. Visit the Cognac area along the way. Then, go to Loire valley for a day tour to a Château or two.
Is this idea the best one? Any recommendations will be VERY HELPFUL!!!!
Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy or France with a 15 month old in March?
- 2 Have I made a mistake in my apartment choice in Paris?
- 3 Need hotel recs for Munich and SOM country
- 4 RailPass England / Scotland?
- 5 railfrom amstedam to reims fr
- 6 Ostuni favourites
- 7 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 8 Gibraltar-is it worth a stop?
- 9 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 10 8 hours Layover in Paris
- 11 Amalfi coast 8 days with 4 yr old
- 12 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 13 Advice---Milan Roadtrip to Barcelona
- 14 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 15 Have you been to the Ferrari Museum in Italy
- 16 Scandinavia Trip in August
- 17 Our Paris plans
- 18 Scandinavian and Baltic Adventure - our trip report
- 19 Thalys seat assignment hassle
- 20 Itinerary help for Italy!!
- 21 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 22 air conditioning
- 23 Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016
- 24 Bath or Exeter
- 25 Rome for a day and a half - what to see/do on 3rd visit?