I just login to this great forum. I'am travelling with my girlfriend to Europe from Dec 14th to Jan 10th. We have prioritized france, and our first visit is to burgundy from Dec 20th until Dec 22th where we booked a package of 2 nights and 3 days where we do a tour of the city, and two wine tours of 6 hours each.
We rented a car for a week and we pick on December 22 in Bordeaux, with the objective to get to PAris by car. Our idea is to visit the best tourist attractions, sites and landscapes on the wap. And this is where I want to ask you advice. A couple of years ago StCirq commented and i quote: "that a good tour would be to go to Cap Ferret and the Dune du Pyla and Arcachon (unless your daughter has already visited them), then up the coast to La Rochelle. Finally, park there and make sure to go out to the Ile de Ré. Visit the Cognac area along the way. Then, go to Loire valley for a day tour to a Château or two.
Is this idea the best one? Any recommendations will be VERY HELPFUL!!!!
Thank you very much in advance.
Travelling br car from Bordeaux to Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 2 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 3 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 4 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 5 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 6 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 7 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 8 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 9 Ferry or Catamaran from Split-Hvar
- 10 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 11 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 12 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 13 Istanbul Itinerary
- 14 canadian memorial in Normandy France
- 15 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 16 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 17 Which other island would you pick for an Anniversary trip to Greece?
- 18 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice
- 19 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 20 London 2nd time around
- 21 iPad Cellular in Croatia-Slovenia-Italy
- 22 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 23 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 24 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 25 7 Nights in Paris