I just login to this great forum. I'am travelling with my girlfriend to Europe from Dec 14th to Jan 10th. We have prioritized france, and our first visit is to burgundy from Dec 20th until Dec 22th where we booked a package of 2 nights and 3 days where we do a tour of the city, and two wine tours of 6 hours each.
We rented a car for a week and we pick on December 22 in Bordeaux, with the objective to get to PAris by car. Our idea is to visit the best tourist attractions, sites and landscapes on the wap. And this is where I want to ask you advice. A couple of years ago StCirq commented and i quote: "that a good tour would be to go to Cap Ferret and the Dune du Pyla and Arcachon (unless your daughter has already visited them), then up the coast to La Rochelle. Finally, park there and make sure to go out to the Ile de Ré. Visit the Cognac area along the way. Then, go to Loire valley for a day tour to a Château or two.
Is this idea the best one? Any recommendations will be VERY HELPFUL!!!!
Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 2 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 3 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 4 Ireland travel passport question
- 5 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 6 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 7 Hotel in Vienna
- 8 Engadine Valley help
- 9 Where to buy Saffron?
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 11 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 12 Tuscany 6 nights
- 13 France & Italy, May or June
- 14 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 15 Planning a European Trip
- 16 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 17 1st time in ZURICH
- 18 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 19 Where can I learn how to purchase property in France? (for a US citizen)
- 20 B&B suggestions for Dublin, Kinsale, Killarney, Ennis
- 21 French restaurants
- 22 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 23 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 24 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 25 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car