I just login to this great forum. I'am travelling with my girlfriend to Europe from Dec 14th to Jan 10th. We have prioritized france, and our first visit is to burgundy from Dec 20th until Dec 22th where we booked a package of 2 nights and 3 days where we do a tour of the city, and two wine tours of 6 hours each.
We rented a car for a week and we pick on December 22 in Bordeaux, with the objective to get to PAris by car. Our idea is to visit the best tourist attractions, sites and landscapes on the wap. And this is where I want to ask you advice. A couple of years ago StCirq commented and i quote: "that a good tour would be to go to Cap Ferret and the Dune du Pyla and Arcachon (unless your daughter has already visited them), then up the coast to La Rochelle. Finally, park there and make sure to go out to the Ile de Ré. Visit the Cognac area along the way. Then, go to Loire valley for a day tour to a Château or two.
Is this idea the best one? Any recommendations will be VERY HELPFUL!!!!
Thank you very much in advance.
Travelling br car from Bordeaux to Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Biarritz and San Sebastian in 1 Day?
- 2 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 3 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 4 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 5 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 6 I Got Tear Gassed In Pristina
- 7 Rocamaxour
- 8 Rome: Vatican to Tiburtina Station by bus?
- 9 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 10 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 11 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 12 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 13 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 14 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 15 Travel from Budapest to Rovinj, Croatia
- 16 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 17 France in 2003
- 18 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 19 Maratea
- 20 2 different itineraries
- 21 Insight coach tours of Italy & France
- 22 10 Day trip and want to see Rome - Florence - Cinque Terre - Venice
- 23 Home Base in Belgium
- 24 Now for the Venice hotel
- 25 Loco Spain Train Questions