I just login to this great forum. I'am travelling with my girlfriend to Europe from Dec 14th to Jan 10th. We have prioritized france, and our first visit is to burgundy from Dec 20th until Dec 22th where we booked a package of 2 nights and 3 days where we do a tour of the city, and two wine tours of 6 hours each.
We rented a car for a week and we pick on December 22 in Bordeaux, with the objective to get to PAris by car. Our idea is to visit the best tourist attractions, sites and landscapes on the wap. And this is where I want to ask you advice. A couple of years ago StCirq commented and i quote: "that a good tour would be to go to Cap Ferret and the Dune du Pyla and Arcachon (unless your daughter has already visited them), then up the coast to La Rochelle. Finally, park there and make sure to go out to the Ile de Ré. Visit the Cognac area along the way. Then, go to Loire valley for a day tour to a Château or two.
Is this idea the best one? Any recommendations will be VERY HELPFUL!!!!
Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Brugge hotel help
- 2 Luggage Storage
- 3 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 4 Another tipping question: concierges
- 5 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 6 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 7 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 8 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 9 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 10 10 days in Paris and......
- 11 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 12 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 13 Summer Travel order
- 14 LIsbon
- 15 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 16 International Flight Question
- 17 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 18 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 19 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 20 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 21 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 22 Trip suggestion
- 23 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 24 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 25 Back from Paris