I just login to this great forum. I'am travelling with my girlfriend to Europe from Dec 14th to Jan 10th. We have prioritized france, and our first visit is to burgundy from Dec 20th until Dec 22th where we booked a package of 2 nights and 3 days where we do a tour of the city, and two wine tours of 6 hours each.
We rented a car for a week and we pick on December 22 in Bordeaux, with the objective to get to PAris by car. Our idea is to visit the best tourist attractions, sites and landscapes on the wap. And this is where I want to ask you advice. A couple of years ago StCirq commented and i quote: "that a good tour would be to go to Cap Ferret and the Dune du Pyla and Arcachon (unless your daughter has already visited them), then up the coast to La Rochelle. Finally, park there and make sure to go out to the Ile de Ré. Visit the Cognac area along the way. Then, go to Loire valley for a day tour to a Château or two.
Is this idea the best one? Any recommendations will be VERY HELPFUL!!!!
Thank you very much in advance.
Travelling br car from Bordeaux to Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 2 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 3 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 4 Five nights in Extremadura
- 5 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 6 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 7 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 8 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 9 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 10 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 11 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 12 trip to norway
- 13 Is Venice really dirty?
- 14 Where to go in France mid July?
- 15 Help with England/Wales tour
- 16 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 17 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 18 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 19 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 20 Best beach town in Italy?
- 21 Cotswold Churches
- 22 A Greek sojourn
- 23 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 24 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 25 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek