I just login to this great forum. I'am travelling with my girlfriend to Europe from Dec 14th to Jan 10th. We have prioritized france, and our first visit is to burgundy from Dec 20th until Dec 22th where we booked a package of 2 nights and 3 days where we do a tour of the city, and two wine tours of 6 hours each.
We rented a car for a week and we pick on December 22 in Bordeaux, with the objective to get to PAris by car. Our idea is to visit the best tourist attractions, sites and landscapes on the wap. And this is where I want to ask you advice. A couple of years ago StCirq commented and i quote: "that a good tour would be to go to Cap Ferret and the Dune du Pyla and Arcachon (unless your daughter has already visited them), then up the coast to La Rochelle. Finally, park there and make sure to go out to the Ile de Ré. Visit the Cognac area along the way. Then, go to Loire valley for a day tour to a Château or two.
Is this idea the best one? Any recommendations will be VERY HELPFUL!!!!
Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 base for Andalucia
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 4 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 5 Windsor Castle
- 6 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 7 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 8 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 9 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 10 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 11 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 12 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 13 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 14 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 15 4 nights in Sardinia
- 16 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?
- 17 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 18 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 19 "Too Much Cows"
- 20 Matera tour guide wanted
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 Taxi from Linate to lecco
- 23 Moscow, Russia shopping
- 24 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 25 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest