I just login to this great forum. I'am travelling with my girlfriend to Europe from Dec 14th to Jan 10th. We have prioritized france, and our first visit is to burgundy from Dec 20th until Dec 22th where we booked a package of 2 nights and 3 days where we do a tour of the city, and two wine tours of 6 hours each.
We rented a car for a week and we pick on December 22 in Bordeaux, with the objective to get to PAris by car. Our idea is to visit the best tourist attractions, sites and landscapes on the wap. And this is where I want to ask you advice. A couple of years ago StCirq commented and i quote: "that a good tour would be to go to Cap Ferret and the Dune du Pyla and Arcachon (unless your daughter has already visited them), then up the coast to La Rochelle. Finally, park there and make sure to go out to the Ile de Ré. Visit the Cognac area along the way. Then, go to Loire valley for a day tour to a Château or two.
Is this idea the best one? Any recommendations will be VERY HELPFUL!!!!
Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, Florence, Venice
- 2 sncf help
- 3 Trouble in Istanbul or just precautions?
- 4 Order/Method of Travel
- 5 Barcelona - Am I the only one who wasn't blown away?
- 6 Train from Torino (Turin) to Paris
- 7 Possible flight cancellation?
- 8 Where to go after Venice Italy?
- 9 First Weekend in Switzerland
- 10 Buying Plane Tickets 101
- 11 Another Paris Trip Report
- 12 Dubrovnik's old pharmacy
- 13 Spain in Nov.
- 14 December in "Germany"
- 15 Last week of Dec and 1st week of Jan
- 16 Agritourism: Alsace Region of France
- 17 Thinking of ROME? Really???
- 18 Paris dining-with teens
- 19 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 20 January Travel
- 21 Amalfi Coast in June
- 22 Murano glass question
- 23 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 24 St. Petersburg: Gosh, it's expensive
- 25 Ferrari Factory