I just login to this great forum. I'am travelling with my girlfriend to Europe from Dec 14th to Jan 10th. We have prioritized france, and our first visit is to burgundy from Dec 20th until Dec 22th where we booked a package of 2 nights and 3 days where we do a tour of the city, and two wine tours of 6 hours each.
We rented a car for a week and we pick on December 22 in Bordeaux, with the objective to get to PAris by car. Our idea is to visit the best tourist attractions, sites and landscapes on the wap. And this is where I want to ask you advice. A couple of years ago StCirq commented and i quote: "that a good tour would be to go to Cap Ferret and the Dune du Pyla and Arcachon (unless your daughter has already visited them), then up the coast to La Rochelle. Finally, park there and make sure to go out to the Ile de Ré. Visit the Cognac area along the way. Then, go to Loire valley for a day tour to a Château or two.
Is this idea the best one? Any recommendations will be VERY HELPFUL!!!!
Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Road Trip: Munich, Germany to Northern Italy
- 2 Is this too much? 10 days in Italy
- 3 Driving out of Heathrow
- 4 Travel Time from Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord Station?
- 5 Our Next Europe Trip
- 6 Suggestions for an afternoon in Istanbul
- 7 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 8 too many London hotels!
- 9 Day trip to Urbino from Bologna - advice sought
- 10 Greece, Italy Or Swiss in Late Oct ??
- 11 Spain in February or March
- 12 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 13 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 14 what on earth have they done to the Search function??
- 15 No cars/taxis in Paris...at all....9/27
- 16 Need good fondue in Lucerne
- 17 Cornwall and Germany
- 18 Suggestions on traveling from Palermo, Sicily to Munich, Germany
- 19 South of France - TR in Pictures
- 20 Any Glasgow Experts?
- 21 2015 Flight Prices
- 22 Tour guides for Pompeii and Herculaneum
- 23 Where in Costa del Sol ?
- 24 Bringing home a bottle of scotch
- 25 British Airways hand luggage - how strict are they on measurements?