I just login to this great forum. I'am travelling with my girlfriend to Europe from Dec 14th to Jan 10th. We have prioritized france, and our first visit is to burgundy from Dec 20th until Dec 22th where we booked a package of 2 nights and 3 days where we do a tour of the city, and two wine tours of 6 hours each.
We rented a car for a week and we pick on December 22 in Bordeaux, with the objective to get to PAris by car. Our idea is to visit the best tourist attractions, sites and landscapes on the wap. And this is where I want to ask you advice. A couple of years ago StCirq commented and i quote: "that a good tour would be to go to Cap Ferret and the Dune du Pyla and Arcachon (unless your daughter has already visited them), then up the coast to La Rochelle. Finally, park there and make sure to go out to the Ile de Ré. Visit the Cognac area along the way. Then, go to Loire valley for a day tour to a Château or two.
Is this idea the best one? Any recommendations will be VERY HELPFUL!!!!
Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SatNav and GPS systems that show speed cameras are illegal
- 2 Rome Private Tours
- 3 First Trip to Europe Itinerary
- 4 Three days in Athens
- 5 Andalucia - Food Vocabulary - suggestions, corrections?
- 6 Cash-free Scandinavia?
- 7 10 days in Barcelona anything different we could do?
- 8 Passport
- 9 Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Venice, Rome too much for 15-20 days?
- 10 Driving the Pyrenees from Barcelona to San Sebastián . Need advice ....
- 11 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 12 Intercity Train
- 13 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 14 Is one day in Portofino enough?
- 15 15 nights in Italy
- 16 A month in Normandy (Rouen): calling Normandy afficionados
- 17 Honoring my Father, Belgium, Amsterdam, London and TWO GTGs
- 18 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 19 Itinerary help for family with young kids
- 20 Portugal itinerary suggestions (with Marrakech tossed in)
- 21 Switzerland 5 days
- 22 Italy Itinerary Feedback wanted!
- 23 Where to buy Saffron?
- 24 Ceramics
- 25 Itinerary feedback, 4/5 days in Iceland