I just login to this great forum. I'am travelling with my girlfriend to Europe from Dec 14th to Jan 10th. We have prioritized france, and our first visit is to burgundy from Dec 20th until Dec 22th where we booked a package of 2 nights and 3 days where we do a tour of the city, and two wine tours of 6 hours each.
We rented a car for a week and we pick on December 22 in Bordeaux, with the objective to get to PAris by car. Our idea is to visit the best tourist attractions, sites and landscapes on the wap. And this is where I want to ask you advice. A couple of years ago StCirq commented and i quote: "that a good tour would be to go to Cap Ferret and the Dune du Pyla and Arcachon (unless your daughter has already visited them), then up the coast to La Rochelle. Finally, park there and make sure to go out to the Ile de Ré. Visit the Cognac area along the way. Then, go to Loire valley for a day tour to a Château or two.
Is this idea the best one? Any recommendations will be VERY HELPFUL!!!!
Thank you very much in advance.
Travelling br car from Bordeaux to Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Photographer in Paris?
- 2 Athens jeweler recommendations?
- 3 Coffee in Paris - Article from teh NYT
- 4 See Batalha and Alcobaça while driving from Lisbon to Coimbra
- 5 How Much Did You Like Slovenia?
- 6 Late October Germany Itinerary--Any Feedback Welcome!
- 7 19 countries in a day
- 8 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 9 Finistère Base
- 10 24-Hour Layover in Hamburg
- 11 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 12 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 13 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 14 Greece in November - How's my Itinerary?
- 15 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 16 First visit to France in November
- 17 Traveling to Ireland and UK for 15 days
- 18 Hey Fodor's
- 19 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 20 Advice please...
- 21 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 22 Which hotel in London?
- 23 Official Italy Tourism Website
- 24 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 25 Restaurant recommendation for Milan