I'm taking my sixteen year old daughter to Germany, Belgium, France, Switzerland, and Italy form June 8 - June 28. We're renting a car and I've only made hotel reservations at one hotel that I really want to visit. I'm doing the car and no reservations to be flexible. My thinking was that there had to be something available if we weren't too picky. I've driven in Europe before (1995) and was planning to park in the big cities and use public transport while visiting them. i like the idea of being able to travel off the beaten path. My brother thinks I'm crazy not to make reservations. Others have told me I'm nuts to drive. I hate to be locked into places where we decide we would rather not stay. Does anyone have any advice for traveling without reservations and for traveling by car?
Traveling Without Reservations
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 2 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 3 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 4 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 5 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 6 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 7 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 8 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 9 Airport to Piraeus
- 10 Train to Airport in Venice
- 11 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 12 Paris Travelogue (One week in June with a toddler)
- 13 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 14 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 15 Questions for my German friends
- 16 What still confounds you about travel?
- 17 Chip but no PIN
- 18 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 19 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 20 Foie gras, redux
- 21 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 22 Dublin Tour Companies
- 23 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 24 Day trips from Seville
- 25 Oktoberfest reservations