I'm taking my sixteen year old daughter to Germany, Belgium, France, Switzerland, and Italy form June 8 - June 28. We're renting a car and I've only made hotel reservations at one hotel that I really want to visit. I'm doing the car and no reservations to be flexible. My thinking was that there had to be something available if we weren't too picky. I've driven in Europe before (1995) and was planning to park in the big cities and use public transport while visiting them. i like the idea of being able to travel off the beaten path. My brother thinks I'm crazy not to make reservations. Others have told me I'm nuts to drive. I hate to be locked into places where we decide we would rather not stay. Does anyone have any advice for traveling without reservations and for traveling by car?
Traveling Without Reservations
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 2 Croacia in october
- 3 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 4 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 5 TGV Train Tickets/Passes
- 6 Sweet 16 Iceland Trip -- suggestions please
- 7 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 8 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 9 Spending money in Italy?
- 10 Home base stay in Italy for vacation
- 11 stop in lisboa or not
- 12 Getting From Italy to London
- 13 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 14 Stay away from EF Tours
- 15 Italy things to do?
- 16 Are taxis easily obtained at the train station in Florence?
- 17 Jamikins and Bikerscott Go Francing: Cooking in the Alps and Alsace
- 18 Getting cash in Spain
- 19 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 20 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 21 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 22 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 23 Amsterdam - Paris - Barcelona
- 24 How to do St. Petersburg in 24 or 48 hours with no visa?
- 25 Sky diving in Barcelona