I'm taking my sixteen year old daughter to Germany, Belgium, France, Switzerland, and Italy form June 8 - June 28. We're renting a car and I've only made hotel reservations at one hotel that I really want to visit. I'm doing the car and no reservations to be flexible. My thinking was that there had to be something available if we weren't too picky. I've driven in Europe before (1995) and was planning to park in the big cities and use public transport while visiting them. i like the idea of being able to travel off the beaten path. My brother thinks I'm crazy not to make reservations. Others have told me I'm nuts to drive. I hate to be locked into places where we decide we would rather not stay. Does anyone have any advice for traveling without reservations and for traveling by car?
Traveling Without Reservations
View all Europe activity »
- 1 London for Christmas
- 2 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 River cruises
- 5 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 6 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 7 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 8 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 9 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 10 More help with housing in Puglia
- 11 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 12 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 13 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 14 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 15 7 days in Andalucia
- 16 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 17 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 18 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 19 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 20 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 21 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 22 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 Euro Train
- 25 Ira Has Been Kidnapped