I know many people ask questions about student visas, but so far I have not been able to find an answer to my question.
I am American. I am in France on a student visa. My visa expires on September 10th and I have a date at the prefecture to renew it on September 26th. It was impossible to get one any earlier and normally this wouldnt be a problem, except that I will be traveling outside of the Schengen zone between August 31st and September 15th- meaning that I will be trying to get back into France with an expired visa.
I have tried to get a recepisse from the prefecture to say that I am in procedure and that I can travel, but it is not possible at the prefecture in Paris. I have tried to see if I can have a Visa de Retour from the country that I am visiting, but that is also not possible.
I was advised to not fly back to France in order to avoid border control, but rather to fly to Italy and take a train back to France. In this case, I was thinking to fly to Italy on the 9th of September (before my visa expires) and then take a train to Paris on the 15th.
One of my questions with that situation is, when renewing my visa, if I have an exit stamp saying that I left France on August 31st, but no re-entry stamp, could they deny the renewed visa?
Does anyone have any advice?
Traveling with an expired student visa
- 1 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 2 London for Christmas
- 3 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 4 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 5 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 6 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 7 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 8 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 9 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 10 Apartments in Rome
- 11 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 12 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 13 A full week in The Netherlands
- 14 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 15 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 16 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 17 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 18 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 19 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 20 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 21 first european holiday itinery
- 22 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 23 To Paris and Provence in June
- 24 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 25 Car in Prague