I know many people ask questions about student visas, but so far I have not been able to find an answer to my question.
I am American. I am in France on a student visa. My visa expires on September 10th and I have a date at the prefecture to renew it on September 26th. It was impossible to get one any earlier and normally this wouldnt be a problem, except that I will be traveling outside of the Schengen zone between August 31st and September 15th- meaning that I will be trying to get back into France with an expired visa.
I have tried to get a recepisse from the prefecture to say that I am in procedure and that I can travel, but it is not possible at the prefecture in Paris. I have tried to see if I can have a Visa de Retour from the country that I am visiting, but that is also not possible.
I was advised to not fly back to France in order to avoid border control, but rather to fly to Italy and take a train back to France. In this case, I was thinking to fly to Italy on the 9th of September (before my visa expires) and then take a train to Paris on the 15th.
One of my questions with that situation is, when renewing my visa, if I have an exit stamp saying that I left France on August 31st, but no re-entry stamp, could they deny the renewed visa?
Does anyone have any advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 2 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 3 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 4 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 5 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 6 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 7 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 8 evening of song and dance
- 9 Naples or Genoa
- 10 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 11 SIM card
- 12 Our time in Rome
- 13 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium and France
- 14 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 15 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 16 Venice Film Fest
- 17 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 18 Europe itinerary review
- 19 Lake Lucerne Boat Travel
- 20 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 21 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 22 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 23 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 24 Walk across Europe: Warsaw - Gibraltar
- 25 Driving from Rome to Sorrento