I know many people ask questions about student visas, but so far I have not been able to find an answer to my question.
I am American. I am in France on a student visa. My visa expires on September 10th and I have a date at the prefecture to renew it on September 26th. It was impossible to get one any earlier and normally this wouldnt be a problem, except that I will be traveling outside of the Schengen zone between August 31st and September 15th- meaning that I will be trying to get back into France with an expired visa.
I have tried to get a recepisse from the prefecture to say that I am in procedure and that I can travel, but it is not possible at the prefecture in Paris. I have tried to see if I can have a Visa de Retour from the country that I am visiting, but that is also not possible.
I was advised to not fly back to France in order to avoid border control, but rather to fly to Italy and take a train back to France. In this case, I was thinking to fly to Italy on the 9th of September (before my visa expires) and then take a train to Paris on the 15th.
One of my questions with that situation is, when renewing my visa, if I have an exit stamp saying that I left France on August 31st, but no re-entry stamp, could they deny the renewed visa?
Does anyone have any advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 2 International Flight Question
- 3 Luggage Storage
- 4 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 5 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 6 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 7 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 8 Brugge hotel help
- 9 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 10 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 11 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 12 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 13 Another tipping question: concierges
- 14 Trip suggestion
- 15 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 16 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 17 Back from Paris
- 18 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 19 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 20 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 23 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 24 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 25 One day on the Amalfi coast