I know many people ask questions about student visas, but so far I have not been able to find an answer to my question.
I am American. I am in France on a student visa. My visa expires on September 10th and I have a date at the prefecture to renew it on September 26th. It was impossible to get one any earlier and normally this wouldnt be a problem, except that I will be traveling outside of the Schengen zone between August 31st and September 15th- meaning that I will be trying to get back into France with an expired visa.
I have tried to get a recepisse from the prefecture to say that I am in procedure and that I can travel, but it is not possible at the prefecture in Paris. I have tried to see if I can have a Visa de Retour from the country that I am visiting, but that is also not possible.
I was advised to not fly back to France in order to avoid border control, but rather to fly to Italy and take a train back to France. In this case, I was thinking to fly to Italy on the 9th of September (before my visa expires) and then take a train to Paris on the 15th.
One of my questions with that situation is, when renewing my visa, if I have an exit stamp saying that I left France on August 31st, but no re-entry stamp, could they deny the renewed visa?
Does anyone have any advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 2 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 3 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 4 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 5 barcelona neighborhood
- 6 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 7 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 8 Best Greek Island
- 9 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 10 Which Day?
- 11 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 12 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 13 Shorts in South of France?
- 14 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 15 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 16 Corsica and Sardinia
- 17 Les Invalides Night Show
- 18 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 19 Regarding Residence Permit
- 20 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION
- 21 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 22 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 23 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 24 Kroller-Muller Museum
- 25 limousine services - milan - rome