I know many people ask questions about student visas, but so far I have not been able to find an answer to my question.
I am American. I am in France on a student visa. My visa expires on September 10th and I have a date at the prefecture to renew it on September 26th. It was impossible to get one any earlier and normally this wouldnt be a problem, except that I will be traveling outside of the Schengen zone between August 31st and September 15th- meaning that I will be trying to get back into France with an expired visa.
I have tried to get a recepisse from the prefecture to say that I am in procedure and that I can travel, but it is not possible at the prefecture in Paris. I have tried to see if I can have a Visa de Retour from the country that I am visiting, but that is also not possible.
I was advised to not fly back to France in order to avoid border control, but rather to fly to Italy and take a train back to France. In this case, I was thinking to fly to Italy on the 9th of September (before my visa expires) and then take a train to Paris on the 15th.
One of my questions with that situation is, when renewing my visa, if I have an exit stamp saying that I left France on August 31st, but no re-entry stamp, could they deny the renewed visa?
Does anyone have any advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris gtg in October?
- 2 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 3 Bologna or Bergamo?
- 4 Train rides
- 5 italy itinerary request
- 6 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 7 Bike packing Iceland food supply
- 8 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 9 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 10 First time in Italy
- 11 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 12 Shopping Paris for Teenage Girl
- 13 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 14 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 15 Eagle's Nest weather, Germany
- 16 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 17 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 18 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 19 Rome> Salerno>Positano ??
- 20 Renting a car in Florence
- 21 What about Basque Country?
- 22 Salento penninsula
- 23 Searching for beach town in Amalfi area for summer holiday
- 24 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 25 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris