My 10 year old daughter and I will be travelling to the Netherlands to see my sister who is currently living near Arnhem. I am very familiar with northern France, and spent a week in Holland when I was her age but don't remember a whole lot about it. I would love any suggestions for the best day trips to take. We have a fairly small budget so overnight trips will have to be limited, but I would make the "right" trip work. She loves anything historical and wants to "see stuff from when the old people lived"! How cool is that? If I could I would take her all through northern France, into Belgium, and then back through the Netherlands. I would be ok with northern Germany as well. We leave in a little over a month and haven't started planning anything!!! Help!!!
Traveling to the Netherlands with my 10 year old daughter
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Heathrow to Paddington Trains
- 2 Berlin from Rostock?
- 3 Hotels that we found special
- 4 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 5 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 6 Too many Trip Reports
- 7 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 8 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 9 Two weeks in Paris guiding 4 couples. Need help with itinerary!
- 10 What to do in Klaipeda?
- 11 Is this the right way<>?
- 12 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 13 Art in Paris
- 14 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 15 Dublin & Edinburgh - First timer!
- 16 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 17 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 18 First trip to Iceland! Need help planning!
- 19 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 20 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 21 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 22 Crete for 3 weeks....but where?!
- 23 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 24 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 25 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir