Joannah123 on Feb 9, 16 at 1:20pm
Dear Cavegirl, I appreciated your comments regarding Puglia and Monopoli and Ostuni. I wonder if you could give me some advice or anyone else out there who has an opinion. My husband and I will be in Puglia this June/July for 6 nights, we will have a car. We are in Fasano for three nights for a wedding in an Airbnb. We would like to stay either in Monopoli or Ostuni for the next three nights and plan to visit Trani, Polignano, Monopoli, Lecce (if possible) Cisterino. The wedding is only one day, so we will have that time too to drive around. We arrive on June 29 and will either drive to stay in Monopoli or Ostuni - which town do you think would be nicer to stay in, we will definitely visit both. Thanks so much!
yorkshire on Feb 9, 16 at 1:40pm
hi joannah, you might want to start a new thread, as sometimes it gets confusing hopping onto an old thread, but I would decide based on the accommodations you like and how much driving you wish to do in any given day. For example, it is about 2 hours from Ostuni to Trani, and it is about an hour from Monopoli to Lecce. From Fasano, you could visit Trani, Polignano, and Monopoli in one day, as they are small and close together. You could also probably even squeeze in Cisternino. However, the closing times in most towns means you want to visit in the morning and evenings.
I found google maps to be fairly accurate in estimating drive times.
What airport? Ostuni is probably equidistant from both Bari and Brindisi.
Joannah123 on Feb 11, 16 at 12:09am
Hey, thank you. good advice. From what I gathered from the internet, I thought Polignano might be the most fun and would be a nice place to kick back after flying in from NY, but alas I couldnt find the right accommodations, so we went with Ostuni (if my reservation is accepted) I think I will take your advice and visit trani, Polignano and Monopoli when we are in Fasano plus cisterino, and Ceglie Messapica seems worth visiting too. We fly into Bari and will rent our car there, were fairly good at using gps, either on our phone or before with google maps. I settled on two Airbnbs just because they both seemed nice, otherwise, we would have stayed in a hotel. Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated. I'm sure I'll be back here soon.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 2 Paris- restaurant
- 3 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 4 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 5 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 6 Car Service, CDG to Paris hotel.
- 7 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 8 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 9 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 10 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 11 Italy in January?
- 12 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 13 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 14 Happy birthday ATM
- 15 Trouble Getting from Tours to Orly
- 16 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 17 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 18 2 days in Lugano area
- 19 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 20 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 21 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 22 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 23 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 24 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 25 Berlin to ?
Joannah123 on Feb 9, 16 at 1:20pm