I am a new member here as I am in need for much advice on planning an independent trip to Italy. I was so sure that I was going to take a group tour, but the more I read....the more I dislike what they have to offer. So, here I am....6 months away from departing to Italy and I have no idea what I am doing!!!
Here are a few details about my trip and a rough itenerary....
Depature date: Saturday, July 21
Length of stay: 12 nights/13 days - leaving Friday, Aug 3rd
Traveling are (2) adults - Myself & my husband
*Arrive in Rome*
Rome - 3 nights
Florence - 4 nights (day trip to Siena & day trip to Pisa)
Venice - 2 nights
Venice to Paris - overnight on train
Paris - 2 nights
*Depart in Paris*
I am not sure whether to stay in Italy the entire time and spend those extra days at the Amalfi coast, or go to Paris. I really want to go to Paris while I am in Europe, but I also want to have a fullfilling experience in Italy. This is going to be our only trip to Europe until we retire as we are thinking about starting a family next year, so we want to make the most of it!
I was just researching some hotels in Rome last night and some of them are already sold out! I am getting really nervous that I have to start booking things soon. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 2 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 3 SE ITALY
- 4 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 5 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 6 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
- 7 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 8 Helpful Hint
- 9 Romania : Tip in restaurants.
- 10 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 11 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 12 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 13 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 14 Itinerary for Italy, Slovenia and Croatia in December 2017
- 15 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 16 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 17 Croatia short sail trip
- 18 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 19 6 Days in Italy
- 20 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 21 Stu Tower
- 22 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 23 two weeks in England including a mini Fodor get together
- 24 Two weeks in Greece early October
- 25 London and Paris - 3 days each
Traveling to Italy for the first time...need help with itinerary!