I am a new member here as I am in need for much advice on planning an independent trip to Italy. I was so sure that I was going to take a group tour, but the more I read....the more I dislike what they have to offer. So, here I am....6 months away from departing to Italy and I have no idea what I am doing!!!
Here are a few details about my trip and a rough itenerary....
Depature date: Saturday, July 21
Length of stay: 12 nights/13 days - leaving Friday, Aug 3rd
Traveling are (2) adults - Myself & my husband
*Arrive in Rome*
Rome - 3 nights
Florence - 4 nights (day trip to Siena & day trip to Pisa)
Venice - 2 nights
Venice to Paris - overnight on train
Paris - 2 nights
*Depart in Paris*
I am not sure whether to stay in Italy the entire time and spend those extra days at the Amalfi coast, or go to Paris. I really want to go to Paris while I am in Europe, but I also want to have a fullfilling experience in Italy. This is going to be our only trip to Europe until we retire as we are thinking about starting a family next year, so we want to make the most of it!
I was just researching some hotels in Rome last night and some of them are already sold out! I am getting really nervous that I have to start booking things soon. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 WWI sites
- 2 Christmas in Spain
- 3 Germany-Car or Train
- 4 Brussels flower tapestry
- 5 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 6 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 7 Lake Como,Italy
- 8 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 9 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 10 Valencia Spain
- 11 Language to use in Belgium
- 12 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 13 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 14 Visiting Zurich
- 15 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 16 Places to visit from Zurich
- 17 SURPRISE TRIP
- 18 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 19 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 20 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 21 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 22 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 23 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 24 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 25 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
Traveling to Italy for the first time...need help with itinerary!