I am a new member here as I am in need for much advice on planning an independent trip to Italy. I was so sure that I was going to take a group tour, but the more I read....the more I dislike what they have to offer. So, here I am....6 months away from departing to Italy and I have no idea what I am doing!!!
Here are a few details about my trip and a rough itenerary....
Depature date: Saturday, July 21
Length of stay: 12 nights/13 days - leaving Friday, Aug 3rd
Traveling are (2) adults - Myself & my husband
*Arrive in Rome*
Rome - 3 nights
Florence - 4 nights (day trip to Siena & day trip to Pisa)
Venice - 2 nights
Venice to Paris - overnight on train
Paris - 2 nights
*Depart in Paris*
I am not sure whether to stay in Italy the entire time and spend those extra days at the Amalfi coast, or go to Paris. I really want to go to Paris while I am in Europe, but I also want to have a fullfilling experience in Italy. This is going to be our only trip to Europe until we retire as we are thinking about starting a family next year, so we want to make the most of it!
I was just researching some hotels in Rome last night and some of them are already sold out! I am getting really nervous that I have to start booking things soon. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 2 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 3 Italy
- 4 4 Days in Tuscany
- 5 If you had to choose one......
- 6 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 Switzerland
- 9 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 10 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 11 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 12 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 13 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 14 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 15 Revised itinerary for italy
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 18 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 19 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 20 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 21 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 22 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 23 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 24 Amalfi Coast help
- 25 Paris Metro
Traveling to Italy for the first time...need help with itinerary!