My fiancé and I are planning our honeymoon to the Greek Ilses and the Amalfi Coast for late summer/early fall.
He has a severe tree nut allergy. Totally fine with peanuts, peanut oil, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, and coconut (surprisingly people ask about the last one all the time, too).
Big problem: ALL other nuts - walnuts, hazelnuts, cashews, pecans, almonds, pine nuts, pistachios, macadamia, etc.
He can be around them and even touch them, but absolutely cannot ingest them or have any cross contamination, or else he has to use an epi-pen immediately and take massive amounts of Benadryl. His throat closes, can't breathe, breaks out in hives and gets very swollen. Hospital trips are sometimes necessary if it's super serious and that's the last place we want to visit on our honeymoon. We will be bringing two dozen epi-pens with us just in case!!
Any recommendations of what to say or specific phrases? How familiar are people with this type of allergy? What should we avoid? (Other than my beloved baklava and favorite Nutella coated snacks )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 2 Petrol in Greece
- 3 We're here!
- 4 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 5 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 6 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 7 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 8 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 9 Another tipping question: concierges
- 10 6-7 Days in France
- 11 International Flight Question
- 12 5 Days in Switzerland
- 13 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 14 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 15 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 16 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 17 Bremerhaven and environs
- 18 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 19 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 20 Spain in July
- 21 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 22 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 23 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 24 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 25 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days