My fiancé and I are planning our honeymoon to the Greek Ilses and the Amalfi Coast for late summer/early fall.
He has a severe tree nut allergy. Totally fine with peanuts, peanut oil, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, and coconut (surprisingly people ask about the last one all the time, too).
Big problem: ALL other nuts - walnuts, hazelnuts, cashews, pecans, almonds, pine nuts, pistachios, macadamia, etc.
He can be around them and even touch them, but absolutely cannot ingest them or have any cross contamination, or else he has to use an epi-pen immediately and take massive amounts of Benadryl. His throat closes, can't breathe, breaks out in hives and gets very swollen. Hospital trips are sometimes necessary if it's super serious and that's the last place we want to visit on our honeymoon. We will be bringing two dozen epi-pens with us just in case!!
Any recommendations of what to say or specific phrases? How familiar are people with this type of allergy? What should we avoid? (Other than my beloved baklava and favorite Nutella coated snacks )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 2 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 3 Train up the Jungfrau
- 4 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 5 Valencia, Spain
- 6 Another Question re Scotland
- 7 London, Glasgow, and ?
- 8 Driver"s License & Language
- 9 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 10 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 11 credit and debit cards
- 12 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 13 May get together in Paris
- 14 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 15 Begur, Tossa de Mar, Sitges
- 16 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 17 ENGLAND-SCTOLAND-FRANCE-need help travelling solo
- 18 Need suggestions for great restaurants in Gstaad and the Bernese Oberland
- 19 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 20 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 21 Airfare to Italy
- 22 My Final Swiss Destination List
- 23 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 24 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 25 2-4-1 / the best way to use this facility ...