My husband and I (both 27) are finally doing our dream trip to Europe this spring. We have already booked our flights, so we will be landing in Paris on May 2 and flying out of Rome on May 24.
My dream trip has always been Italy, so that will be the focus of this trip, but in recent years I've been really drawn to France, which is why are starting our trip in Paris. We'd like to spend 4-5 days in France and then head to Italy where we want to see as much as possible in the time remaining. So here are the places that are a must for us:
- Paris (how long do we need here to see the big POIs? Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Notre Dame Cathedral, Luxembourg Gardens, etc)
- Provence (I'm not sure what this looks like with our time frame, but I'd LOVE to at least get a glimpse of Provence. Perhaps we travel from Paris to Provence and then scoot over to Italy?)
- Cinque Terre
- Milan (Not sure about this one)
- Lake Como
- Rome (How long do we need here to see the main POIs?)
- Amalfi Coast
- Naples (Is it worth it?)
- Any other's I'm missing?
Ok, so that's what we're looking at. I really don't want to miss anything, but at the same time don't want to feel like we're flying through and not getting to absorb much. We are travelling on somewhat of a budget, but not "backpacking". Will be staying in low to moderately priced hotels (not hostels), but will be trying to do things as inexpensively as possible.
Any help or advice would be SO appreciated! Thank you!!
P.S. My husband and I have only been to Europe once before, to Greece last summer, so we don't have much experience there!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France Itinerary Advice
- 2 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 3 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 4 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 5 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 6 Cordoba Overnight?
- 7 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 8 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 9 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 10 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 11 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 12 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 13 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 14 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 15 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 16 Itinerary help for 2 weeks vacation
- 17 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 18 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 19 Uffizi Phone Number
- 20 Itinerary Help Needed. 8 Days in Greece~
- 21 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 22 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 23 Piedmont as a destination
- 24 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 25 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
Traveling to Europe to see France and Italy - Need Advice!