My husband and I (both 27) are finally doing our dream trip to Europe this spring. We have already booked our flights, so we will be landing in Paris on May 2 and flying out of Rome on May 24.
My dream trip has always been Italy, so that will be the focus of this trip, but in recent years I've been really drawn to France, which is why are starting our trip in Paris. We'd like to spend 4-5 days in France and then head to Italy where we want to see as much as possible in the time remaining. So here are the places that are a must for us:
- Paris (how long do we need here to see the big POIs? Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Notre Dame Cathedral, Luxembourg Gardens, etc)
- Provence (I'm not sure what this looks like with our time frame, but I'd LOVE to at least get a glimpse of Provence. Perhaps we travel from Paris to Provence and then scoot over to Italy?)
- Cinque Terre
- Milan (Not sure about this one)
- Lake Como
- Rome (How long do we need here to see the main POIs?)
- Amalfi Coast
- Naples (Is it worth it?)
- Any other's I'm missing?
Ok, so that's what we're looking at. I really don't want to miss anything, but at the same time don't want to feel like we're flying through and not getting to absorb much. We are travelling on somewhat of a budget, but not "backpacking". Will be staying in low to moderately priced hotels (not hostels), but will be trying to do things as inexpensively as possible.
Any help or advice would be SO appreciated! Thank you!!
P.S. My husband and I have only been to Europe once before, to Greece last summer, so we don't have much experience there!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://bodypotency.com/testx-core/
- 2 Guide in Russia
- 3 travel fan 220v?
- 4 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 5 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 6 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 7 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 8 First Trip to Paris
- 9 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 10 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 11 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 12 Train travel
- 13 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 14 B&Bs in Ireland
- 15 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 16 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 17 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 18 WWI Battlefields
- 19 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 20 Visiting Zurich
- 21 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 22 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 23 Switzerland
- 24 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 25 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
Traveling to Europe to see France and Italy - Need Advice!