I am planning my honeymoon and am looking for some tips for transportation between the Greek Islands. I have been doing research and find that travel cost between the islands to be very expensive. I'm basically planning to go from Athens (Piraeus) --> Crete --> Santorini ---> (possibly another cyclade island) ----> back to Piraeus.
I've been searching the cost for individual one way tickets and for two people traveling economy its an average of $150 per one way ticket. Is there a way that I can do this cheaper or is this the going rate? Maybe there is a "cruise pass" that's kinda like the Europass?
The site I have been using to find prices is user friendly and noted below:
Maybe there is a site that has good deals??
My basic questions are: Is there a better and/or cheaper way to travel among the greek islands than by way of one way tickets.
Thank You For Your Help!
Traveling the Greek Islands (Transportation Tips)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon in Provence - 14 day itinerary help please
- 2 5 Observations About Paris
- 3 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 4 Budget family trip to Europe
- 5 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 6 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 7 Euro Trivia quiz #17 - People and Places #2
- 8 Berlin
- 9 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 10 Airport ATMs
- 11 Pasteurized Cheese in Paris
- 12 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 13 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 14 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 15 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 16 Dining at the Eiffel Tower: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant Review
- 17 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 18 Dordogne & Lot Day Hiking
- 19 By train to and out of Prague
- 20 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 21 history museums or locations
- 22 Scuol, Switzerland
- 23 Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report
- 24 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 25 Side trip from Chamonix in January