I'm planning a trip to the Baltics in the May/June timeframe and will be traveling solo (I'm a woman in my early 50's). Although I've traveled extensively, this is my first trip to eastern Europe (with the exception of the USSR).
My plans are to visit Vilnius, Riga, Tallinn and Tartu, spending 2-4 days in each city. I'd love to get suggestions for hotels in these cities....I prefer to stay in the Old Town sections and definitely not in the business type hotels.
Any must sees/avoid at all costs?
Any suggestions for traveling alone there?
I'm thinking I'd like to take a city-tour in each place plus have picked up the Cooks Travellers guides for each country, which have good walking tours outlined. Any recommendations on city tour companies or guides?
Also, I'd love to get recommendations for the best way to travel between the cities. I'd prefer not to drive....am I better off to fly or take a train?
I'll be visiting friends in Tartu (but will stay in a hotel)....they have recommended that I also plan a couple of days in Helsinki. Is it worth it?
I'm just at the beginning stages of planning the physical aspects of the trip so would appreciate all the input you can provide.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 온라인 바다 이야기 ≪ 접속주소 :≫tt349.com≪
- 2 다리다리시스템 ※연결 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 3 파워볼분석 ≪ 접속주소 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 4 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 5 Places to visit from Zurich
- 6 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 7 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 8 Germany-Car or Train
- 9 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 10 SURPRISE TRIP
- 11 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 12 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 13 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 14 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 15 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 16 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 17 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 18 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 19 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 20 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 21 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 22 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 23 thoughts on my itenerary France and Italy
- 24 Valencia Spain
- 25 Europe for Beginners