I'm planning a trip to the Baltics in the May/June timeframe and will be traveling solo (I'm a woman in my early 50's). Although I've traveled extensively, this is my first trip to eastern Europe (with the exception of the USSR).
My plans are to visit Vilnius, Riga, Tallinn and Tartu, spending 2-4 days in each city. I'd love to get suggestions for hotels in these cities....I prefer to stay in the Old Town sections and definitely not in the business type hotels.
Any must sees/avoid at all costs?
Any suggestions for traveling alone there?
I'm thinking I'd like to take a city-tour in each place plus have picked up the Cooks Travellers guides for each country, which have good walking tours outlined. Any recommendations on city tour companies or guides?
Also, I'd love to get recommendations for the best way to travel between the cities. I'd prefer not to drive....am I better off to fly or take a train?
I'll be visiting friends in Tartu (but will stay in a hotel)....they have recommended that I also plan a couple of days in Helsinki. Is it worth it?
I'm just at the beginning stages of planning the physical aspects of the trip so would appreciate all the input you can provide.
Traveling Solo to the Baltics
- 1 American Citizen Buying a Home in Spain
- 2 Gothenburg or Aarhus?
- 3 Seems to me this forum is a lot less active than in years past....
- 4 Lucerne where to stay
- 5 Torun and Zamosc similar?
- 6 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 7 To Madrid/Barcelona on Sunday! 8 Qs to help make the trip amazing
- 8 Driving from Bordeaux south into Spain- tips please!!
- 9 Spain Pyrenees overnight stopover Help needed with route?
- 10 I Need To Vent!
- 11 France: CDG to Beaune
- 12 Athens licensed tour guide
- 13 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 14 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 15 Transportation from Landshut to Munich Airport?
- 16 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 17 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 18 Visit to Russia - Money
- 19 If you had 7 days for Romantic Road..What would you do
- 20 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 21 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 22 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare
- 23 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 24 Romania Apartment List
- 25 Moonliner bus question - can you help please?