I'm planning a trip to the Baltics in the May/June timeframe and will be traveling solo (I'm a woman in my early 50's). Although I've traveled extensively, this is my first trip to eastern Europe (with the exception of the USSR).
My plans are to visit Vilnius, Riga, Tallinn and Tartu, spending 2-4 days in each city. I'd love to get suggestions for hotels in these cities....I prefer to stay in the Old Town sections and definitely not in the business type hotels.
Any must sees/avoid at all costs?
Any suggestions for traveling alone there?
I'm thinking I'd like to take a city-tour in each place plus have picked up the Cooks Travellers guides for each country, which have good walking tours outlined. Any recommendations on city tour companies or guides?
Also, I'd love to get recommendations for the best way to travel between the cities. I'd prefer not to drive....am I better off to fly or take a train?
I'll be visiting friends in Tartu (but will stay in a hotel)....they have recommended that I also plan a couple of days in Helsinki. Is it worth it?
I'm just at the beginning stages of planning the physical aspects of the trip so would appreciate all the input you can provide.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MICROSOFT Office 365 APP CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT 24*7
- 2 Looking for a Luxury Villa in Lucca
- 3 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 4 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 5 Scotland - We're Here!
- 6 Paris for children
- 7 IWM
- 8 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 9 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 10 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 11 Guided Vatican Tours
- 12 Avoid Europcar!
- 13 Apartment/accomodation in Dubrovnik and Split
- 14 Anyone travel with to Europe with ISE when they were in college?
- 15 Couscous
- 16 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 17 Train / Calabria
- 18 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 19 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 20 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 21 London in Winter Report
- 22 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 23 16 days in France and Italy
- 24 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 25 Changing Planes at Fiumicino