We are in the process of amending our rtw travel plans to include an overland route from Czech Republic (Brno) to the Caucasus via Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Georgia and then finally Armenia. All of this will be by sleeper train with 3 - 6 nights in some cities.
Has anyone ever traveled this route (Europe to the Caucasus region) or part of this route that could give us some tips or advice?
Initially our plan was to try and get overland from Europe to India but due to traveling with a 3 year old we weren't happy with the idea of traveling between Iran and Pakistan as there are posts about police escorts between these borders.
Thanks for reading and I look forward to some tips.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spanish Medical Providers
- 2 Area in Madrid we might be staying
- 3 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 4 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 5 Italy Car Scam
- 6 Ireland - 1 Week Options
- 7 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 8 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 9 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 10 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 11 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 12 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 13 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 14 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 15 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 16 Quizz !
- 17 Iceland
- 18 Venice/Mestre
- 19 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 20 Our future trip to Greece
- 21 Russia in two weeks in December
- 22 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 23 Christmas Day in Granada
- 24 car insurance italy
- 25 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona