We are in the process of amending our rtw travel plans to include an overland route from Czech Republic (Brno) to the Caucasus via Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Georgia and then finally Armenia. All of this will be by sleeper train with 3 - 6 nights in some cities.
Has anyone ever traveled this route (Europe to the Caucasus region) or part of this route that could give us some tips or advice?
Initially our plan was to try and get overland from Europe to India but due to traveling with a 3 year old we weren't happy with the idea of traveling between Iran and Pakistan as there are posts about police escorts between these borders.
Thanks for reading and I look forward to some tips.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 2 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 3 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 4 Scottish National Museum of Rural Life
- 5 Coastal Denmark
- 6 Christian Cafe Dating
- 7 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 8 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 9 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 10 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 11 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 12 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 13 Iceland
- 14 Help with my southern Spain itinerary please!
- 15 croatia and slovenia 29/10 - 06/11
- 16 base for Andalucia
- 17 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 18 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION
- 19 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 21 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 22 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 23 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 24 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 25 train from Bucharest to Brasov