We are in the process of amending our rtw travel plans to include an overland route from Czech Republic (Brno) to the Caucasus via Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Georgia and then finally Armenia. All of this will be by sleeper train with 3 - 6 nights in some cities.
Has anyone ever traveled this route (Europe to the Caucasus region) or part of this route that could give us some tips or advice?
Initially our plan was to try and get overland from Europe to India but due to traveling with a 3 year old we weren't happy with the idea of traveling between Iran and Pakistan as there are posts about police escorts between these borders.
Thanks for reading and I look forward to some tips.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 2 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 3 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 4 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 5 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 6 French language immersion schools in France
- 7 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 8 Studying art in English in venice
- 9 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 10 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 11 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 12 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 13 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 14 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 15 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 16 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 17 Trogir or Split
- 18 Help on ancient history route
- 19 Edinbrugh
- 20 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 21 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 22 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 23 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 24 Berlin to ?
- 25 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?