I've read a lot of information about how cool traveling light with one bag is, e.g never waiting to pick luggage after the flight, not being afraid of lost/damage luggage etc. and decided to try it in our upcoming 18 day trip to Spain this year.
All excitement has evaporated when I've realised that most airlines we will fly only allows one bag and 7 kg limit! Usually bag itself is around 1.3-1.5 kg, so that leaves us with ~5.5 kg for stuff to pack, I don't think we can make it.
Was originally thinking of getting Tom Bihn Aeronaut 45/30 for both me and my wife, but I'm not to sure if I want to check in soft bag like Aeronaut as things like toiletries won't be protected much inside? Anyone tried checking Aeronaut bag in, does it survive all the luggage handling abuse?
Wonder if it would be better to get a rolling suitcase instead (they usually weight close to 3 kg empty) and still try to pack it light, around 10 kg in total? I won't be able to carry it like a bag, but we can always catch a taxi from train stations to hotels etc.
Any tips are appreciated, really confused at the moment on how people do one bag / lightweight travel these days. Maybe information about it is really outdated and this is no longer an option with all the airline limitations?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 car for four adults and four bikes
- 2 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 3 Barcelona cooking classes
- 4 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 5 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 6 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 7 CDG airport and connection time
- 8 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 9 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 10 4 days itinerary for France
- 11 French restaurants
- 12 Switzerland
- 13 If you had to choose one......
- 14 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 15 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 18 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 19 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
- 20 Spanish Language Immersion for young teenager in SPAIN
- 21 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 22 HELP PLEASE! Skiing in Zermatt this March
- 23 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 24 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 25 family holiday Rome&Venice