I've read a lot of information about how cool traveling light with one bag is, e.g never waiting to pick luggage after the flight, not being afraid of lost/damage luggage etc. and decided to try it in our upcoming 18 day trip to Spain this year.
All excitement has evaporated when I've realised that most airlines we will fly only allows one bag and 7 kg limit! Usually bag itself is around 1.3-1.5 kg, so that leaves us with ~5.5 kg for stuff to pack, I don't think we can make it.
Was originally thinking of getting Tom Bihn Aeronaut 45/30 for both me and my wife, but I'm not to sure if I want to check in soft bag like Aeronaut as things like toiletries won't be protected much inside? Anyone tried checking Aeronaut bag in, does it survive all the luggage handling abuse?
Wonder if it would be better to get a rolling suitcase instead (they usually weight close to 3 kg empty) and still try to pack it light, around 10 kg in total? I won't be able to carry it like a bag, but we can always catch a taxi from train stations to hotels etc.
Any tips are appreciated, really confused at the moment on how people do one bag / lightweight travel these days. Maybe information about it is really outdated and this is no longer an option with all the airline limitations?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help on ancient history route
- 2 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 3 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 4 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 5 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 6 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 7 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 8 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 9 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 10 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 11 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 12 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 13 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 14 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 15 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 16 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 17 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 18 Hotels in Turin
- 19 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 20 Getting a Russian visa in San Francisco, in person
- 21 Best layover option
- 22 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 23 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 24 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 25 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?