I've read a lot of information about how cool traveling light with one bag is, e.g never waiting to pick luggage after the flight, not being afraid of lost/damage luggage etc. and decided to try it in our upcoming 18 day trip to Spain this year.
All excitement has evaporated when I've realised that most airlines we will fly only allows one bag and 7 kg limit! Usually bag itself is around 1.3-1.5 kg, so that leaves us with ~5.5 kg for stuff to pack, I don't think we can make it.
Was originally thinking of getting Tom Bihn Aeronaut 45/30 for both me and my wife, but I'm not to sure if I want to check in soft bag like Aeronaut as things like toiletries won't be protected much inside? Anyone tried checking Aeronaut bag in, does it survive all the luggage handling abuse?
Wonder if it would be better to get a rolling suitcase instead (they usually weight close to 3 kg empty) and still try to pack it light, around 10 kg in total? I won't be able to carry it like a bag, but we can always catch a taxi from train stations to hotels etc.
Any tips are appreciated, really confused at the moment on how people do one bag / lightweight travel these days. Maybe information about it is really outdated and this is no longer an option with all the airline limitations?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 2 Milan and Lake Como
- 3 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 4 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 5 Shorts in South of France?
- 6 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 7 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 8 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 9 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 10 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 11 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 12 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 13 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 14 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 15 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 16 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 17 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 18 Salzburg itinerary review
- 19 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 20 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 21 weekend from cologne germany
- 22 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 23 Switzerland in September
- 24 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 25 Where to eat in Rome?