After staying in Monterosso, Italy in May, we are going to stay 4 days in Cortona in Tuscany. There are 6 adults in our party. In order to visit places like Siena, Florence, Lucca, Venice and see a bit of the countryside, should we rent a vehicle, such as a van, or would we be better off maybe renting for only one day, and traveling between Siena, Florence, etc. by train? Is is better to book car rentals from here (Canada) or can we wait until we get to Italy? Any suggestions?
Traveling in Tuscany
View all Europe activity »
- 1 One more last question on Bayeux
- 2 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 3 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 4 banger rally around europe?
- 5 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 6 Euro Train
- 7 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 8 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 9 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 10 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 11 Spain - Andalucia
- 12 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 13 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 14 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 15 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 16 Trip around Spain
- 17 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!
- 18 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 19 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 20 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 21 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 22 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 23 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 24 Medieval Tallinn
- 25 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome