After staying in Monterosso, Italy in May, we are going to stay 4 days in Cortona in Tuscany. There are 6 adults in our party. In order to visit places like Siena, Florence, Lucca, Venice and see a bit of the countryside, should we rent a vehicle, such as a van, or would we be better off maybe renting for only one day, and traveling between Siena, Florence, etc. by train? Is is better to book car rentals from here (Canada) or can we wait until we get to Italy? Any suggestions?
Traveling in Tuscany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 2 Croatia: Advice on 6 day itinery
- 3 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 4 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 5 what to bring to Finland - gifts from California
- 6 Fashion for larger man?
- 7 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 8 London 2nd time around
- 9 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 10 Traveling in France by train
- 11 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 12 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 13 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 14 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 15 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 16 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 17 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 18 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 19 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 20 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 21 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 22 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 23 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 24 Sicily - not a trip report
- 25 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?