After staying in Monterosso, Italy in May, we are going to stay 4 days in Cortona in Tuscany. There are 6 adults in our party. In order to visit places like Siena, Florence, Lucca, Venice and see a bit of the countryside, should we rent a vehicle, such as a van, or would we be better off maybe renting for only one day, and traveling between Siena, Florence, etc. by train? Is is better to book car rentals from here (Canada) or can we wait until we get to Italy? Any suggestions?
Traveling in Tuscany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 2 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 3 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 4 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 5 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 6 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 7 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 8 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 9 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 10 Augsburg with kids
- 11 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 12 He said , she said
- 13 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 14 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 15 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 16 Pix from Dresden Trip
- 17 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 18 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 19 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 20 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 21 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 22 Le Grand Depart and Yorkshire Festival
- 23 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 24 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 25 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)