After staying in Monterosso, Italy in May, we are going to stay 4 days in Cortona in Tuscany. There are 6 adults in our party. In order to visit places like Siena, Florence, Lucca, Venice and see a bit of the countryside, should we rent a vehicle, such as a van, or would we be better off maybe renting for only one day, and traveling between Siena, Florence, etc. by train? Is is better to book car rentals from here (Canada) or can we wait until we get to Italy? Any suggestions?
Traveling in Tuscany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 2 Northern Lights - What else to see
- 3 10 days in England
- 4 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 5 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 6 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 7 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 8 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 9 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 10 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 11 Which One?
- 12 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 13 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 14 month's stay in Italy
- 15 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 16 Planning third trip to France-where to next?
- 17 International driving permit required in France?
- 18 Visit to Bath and London england
- 19 Germany Visa for conference
- 20 Food in Paris-Dining out
- 21 Advice for first family trip to Europe
- 22 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 23 Villa Borghese - Neighborhood restaurants?
- 24 Trip report/blog - 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium, and South Africa
- 25 Interesting travel scam article