After staying in Monterosso, Italy in May, we are going to stay 4 days in Cortona in Tuscany. There are 6 adults in our party. In order to visit places like Siena, Florence, Lucca, Venice and see a bit of the countryside, should we rent a vehicle, such as a van, or would we be better off maybe renting for only one day, and traveling between Siena, Florence, etc. by train? Is is better to book car rentals from here (Canada) or can we wait until we get to Italy? Any suggestions?
Traveling in Tuscany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 2 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 3 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 4 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 5 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 6 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 7 All Set To Go!!
- 8 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 9 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 10 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 11 Which european city?
- 12 Southern Spain
- 13 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 14 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 15 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 16 Scotland November 2015
- 17 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 18 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 19 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 20 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 21 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 22 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)
- 23 Italy Countryside
- 24 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 25 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)