After staying in Monterosso, Italy in May, we are going to stay 4 days in Cortona in Tuscany. There are 6 adults in our party. In order to visit places like Siena, Florence, Lucca, Venice and see a bit of the countryside, should we rent a vehicle, such as a van, or would we be better off maybe renting for only one day, and traveling between Siena, Florence, etc. by train? Is is better to book car rentals from here (Canada) or can we wait until we get to Italy? Any suggestions?
Traveling in Tuscany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 2 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 3 Mama Mia Italy!
- 4 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 5 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 6 Student Visa versus Residence Card
- 7 Ireland or Scotland
- 8 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 9 Need help with itinerary
- 10 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 11 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 12 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 13 Tickets for Buckingham palace, tower of London, London eye - online or not?
- 14 York (UK) railway station to Herz depot on foot
- 15 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 16 R&R in Paris and a little more in the south
- 17 La Sagrada Familia
- 18 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 19 Aerobus from Barcelona airport to Placa Catalunya
- 20 Driving through Chianti on Halloween - where to stop for lunch?
- 21 Do I need train tix in advance
- 22 Help: Short visit to Crete
- 23 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 24 Schengen rule made easy
- 25 Best Berlin neighborhood for lodging?