After staying in Monterosso, Italy in May, we are going to stay 4 days in Cortona in Tuscany. There are 6 adults in our party. In order to visit places like Siena, Florence, Lucca, Venice and see a bit of the countryside, should we rent a vehicle, such as a van, or would we be better off maybe renting for only one day, and traveling between Siena, Florence, etc. by train? Is is better to book car rentals from here (Canada) or can we wait until we get to Italy? Any suggestions?
Traveling in Tuscany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 2 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 3 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 4 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 5 All Set To Go!!
- 6 Scotland November 2015
- 7 Schengen Visa Rules
- 8 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 9 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 10 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 11 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 12 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 13 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 14 Southern Spain
- 15 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 16 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 17 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 18 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 19 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 20 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 21 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 22 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 23 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 24 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 25 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?