I hope you can help me resolve a travel planning problem. We are relocating to Italy and are looking for a way to transport our 10 lb dog from Southhamton, UK to Florence, Italy. We adopted our dog from a shelter and he has always had some hyperactivity and fear of confined spaces issues that we haven't been able to resolve. For that reason flying is not an option for us, as he would need to be able to sit quietly in a cage at our feet-we have tried, it just won't work. We are looking for options via cruise/ferry/car rental/train.
The quickest trans-channel option, the Eurostar train from London to Paris does not accept dogs (unless they are certified companion dogs). That would have been the best way since Paris has great train connections to Italy.
Has anyone used an alternative train route from th UK to France, Belgium or Germany with a dog?
Has anyone rented a car one way from London to mainland Europe (Germany, Belgium, France, etc.) - is that an option at all?
Renting a car one way would be great because when you cross the channel by ferry in your own car, the dog is allowed to stay with you. If you are an on foot passenger, it seems that only the London to Amsterdam ferry accommodates dogs (puts them in kennels for the duration of the crossing though). This would be our last resort option, but we are looking for other ones.
We are really stuck with our planning, so we are very much looking forward to your advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 중국카지노＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼바카라추천♡온라인카지노
- 2 스포츠토토＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼라이브카지노◎카지노사이트
- 3 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 4 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 5 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 6 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 7 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 8 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 9 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 10 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 11 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 12 Cell Phone Question
- 13 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 14 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 15 Greek Islands (small)
- 16 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 17 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 18 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 19 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 20 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 21 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 22 Campervan in Croatia
- 23 advance tickets?
- 24 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 25 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?