I hope you can help me resolve a travel planning problem. We are relocating to Italy and are looking for a way to transport our 10 lb dog from Southhamton, UK to Florence, Italy. We adopted our dog from a shelter and he has always had some hyperactivity and fear of confined spaces issues that we haven't been able to resolve. For that reason flying is not an option for us, as he would need to be able to sit quietly in a cage at our feet-we have tried, it just won't work. We are looking for options via cruise/ferry/car rental/train.
The quickest trans-channel option, the Eurostar train from London to Paris does not accept dogs (unless they are certified companion dogs). That would have been the best way since Paris has great train connections to Italy.
Has anyone used an alternative train route from th UK to France, Belgium or Germany with a dog?
Has anyone rented a car one way from London to mainland Europe (Germany, Belgium, France, etc.) - is that an option at all?
Renting a car one way would be great because when you cross the channel by ferry in your own car, the dog is allowed to stay with you. If you are an on foot passenger, it seems that only the London to Amsterdam ferry accommodates dogs (puts them in kennels for the duration of the crossing though). This would be our last resort option, but we are looking for other ones.
We are really stuck with our planning, so we are very much looking forward to your advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 토토사이트추천 ∑¶∑ ZEM33 .ＣＯM ∑¶∑や코드: ddr77や메이저놀이터
- 2 사설토토 【∠】ZEM33 .CＯM 【∠】코드: ddr77사설토토
- 3 Norway -Trips
- 4 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 5 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 6 Need help on our Provence trip July 2016
- 7 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
- 8 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 9 England Transportation Experts Needed! Multiple Questions!
- 10 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 11 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 12 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 13 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 14 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 15 Do NIN in 1 or 2 days?
- 16 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 17 Bergen and Norway with toddler under-two
- 18 Driving from Alesund to Geiranger
- 19 English Countryside
- 20 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 21 Norway Itinerary
- 22 Norway Self-Drive - Winter 2017
- 23 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 24 Travelling from Tromso to Lofoten Islands
- 25 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?