I will be spending four days in Sorrento with friends at the end of August. We will have a rental car and are planning to return it before we travel to Rome. I had thought that we would return the car in Sorrento and go by bus to Rome. We don't want to change trains with luggage. I am now realizing that the bus to Rome leaves very early from Sorrento and I'm not crazy about that option. Does anyone have a better plan for us? Should we return the car in Naples and train from there, or go to Rome and return the car at the airport or some other outside the city location? I know we shouldn't drive into Rome! Thanks everyone for your help on this and other questions.
Traveling from Sorrento to Rome,car,bus or train?
- 1 France by rail or car?
- 2 Otherchelebi and others in Istanbul
- 3 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 4 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 5 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 6 Rome weather forecast right now-is anyone there?
- 7 Rome, Florence, Sorrento in 1 week
- 8 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 9 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 10 London at Xmas
- 11 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 12 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 13 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 14 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 15 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 16 French Riviera and Italy 3 weeks - need itinerary help and suggestions
- 17 Planning my days in Paris
- 18 Portugal Trip 21-30 April 2013
- 19 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 20 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 21 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 22 Bank of England Museum
- 23 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 24 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 25 Through Naples to Sorrento or Pompei?