My husband & I are going on a month long trip to Europe and we are going to be flying into Sicily, Italy. We have a few countries we would like to visit but don't have any concrete plans. We do know we would like to visit if possible in Italy: Sicily, Venice, Florence, Tassarolo and then into Switzerland (not sure where we would like to go here but i have heard Grindewald is beautiful), then to Croatia: Dalmatia and any other places that are recommended and then we want to end in Greece (not sure where either) then we will be taking the Ferry back to Italy for our flight back home.
I was hoping someone would have some insight on places to go, ways to travel and if 1 month of travel will be a realistic time plan for this trip! We are thinking of taking the train/bus most of the time but I am not sure if it would be best to purchase a Global Eurail or just pay as we go since we don't have a great plan..
Any advice would be more than appreciated! I have never been to Europe so we are trying to make the most of it! Also, we are big hikers/outdoors people so we will be backpacking a lot of the time!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 2 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 3 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 4 Spanish Medical Providers
- 5 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 6 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 7 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 8 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 9 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 10 Driving through Paris
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 13 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 14 San Sebastián
- 15 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 16 italy Cinque Terre
- 17 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 18 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 19 Can parking
- 20 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 21 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 22 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 23 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 24 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna