My husband, 16 yo son and I will arrive in Amsterdam early June at about 11, rent a car, and are heading for a few days in Provence. My initial plan, to minimize jet lag challenges while driving, is to go to Luxembourg or environs the 1st night, Lyon the 2nd night, and then we have three more nights to explore Provence, before we must be in Merligen, Switzerland (the next evening, so we can take our time on the way) to meet some friends. I was considering one night in Arles, then two nights further East (preferably in one place?) to take day trips from. Suggestions of towns or inexpensive but decent hotels on this route? We don't mind driving, like historic sites, hiking, markets, good market food, local music, bird watching, the simple beauty of a landscape or a sunset. We have a small budget, would prefer not to spend more than $100 or so a night, and would definitely not mind even less. I welcome advice on this itinerary and any budget conscious advice for lodging, food, and simple pleasures. Thank you!
Traveling from Amsterdam to Provence - itinerary ok?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 2 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 3 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 4 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 5 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 6 Avignon to London?
- 7 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 8 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 9 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 10 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 11 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 12 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 13 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 14 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 15 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 16 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 17 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 18 Gotland Sweden Hotels
- 19 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 20 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 21 Mycenae Documentary
- 22 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 23 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 24 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 25 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins