This is my first ever question here. I am Pakistani passport holder and living in Italy. I am a traveler and recently finished my Euro trip. Turin (Italy)>Barcelona (Spain)>Brussels(Belgium)>Budapest(Hungary)>Paris(France)>Gothenburg(Sweden)>London(UK)>Turin(Italy) and I arrived Italy just today. Here I have a confusion which I would like to get cleared.
While I was traveling in EU, ofcourse my passport was not being stamped, but when I left Sweden for UK, I got an exit stamp on my passport (So far so good).
As I arrived in UK, I asked for transit without visa at the border control which I was allowed. The lady at the immigration counter after some verifications put two stamps on my passport page. One writes: "NVD 40310, Leave to enter for 24 hours" while the other is the UK border control stamp "Immigration Officer, #, date and STANSTED" [It does not says entery or Exit] and when I asked the officer if it is an entry to UK, she said no, we have just allowed you to leave the border control in order to take your connecting flight and its a transit and that you did not enter UK. (Even now, so far, so good)
So when I left the check in counter for Turin at Stansted, confusion begins, I am leaving UK and going EU. I was expecting to meet the passport control officer before I board on the aircraft but I didn't. My passport was not stamped while leaving UK. Quite confused, I arrived the immigration officer at Turin, they confused guy, checked my residence card and passport, discussed with his colleague and handed it over to me. I was once again confused, No stamp again? I walked on but no, something is wring, I walked back and on looking at me coming back, he said.."Oh, yes..give me your passport", and stamped my entry and hence I was legally in EU again.
Since then, I am confused, why they don't stamp the passport while leaving for EU (Stansted) but they do while leaving for UK (Sweden) ? And I have doubts if everything went alright? Did I miss the border control at Stansted? Its not possible i know, then what happened? Is it a normal procedure? But it looks strange.!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 2 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 3 Anchovies and Sardines
- 4 Cyprus or Turkey for a beach holiday?
- 5 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo
- 6 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 7 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 8 Flight connection in CDG
- 9 Amsterdam, Germany
- 10 Day trip from Marbella to the Alhambra
- 11 Ravenna Mosaics
- 12 Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland
- 13 Stonehenge After Hour tour
- 14 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 15 Greece Itinerary
- 16 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 17 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 18 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 19 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 20 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 21 Help me choose a Central/Eastern Europe Itinerary
- 22 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 23 Our time in Rome
- 24 France for a month in 2017
- 25 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.