This is my first ever question here. I am Pakistani passport holder and living in Italy. I am a traveler and recently finished my Euro trip. Turin (Italy)>Barcelona (Spain)>Brussels(Belgium)>Budapest(Hungary)>Paris(France)>Gothenburg(Sweden)>London(UK)>Turin(Italy) and I arrived Italy just today. Here I have a confusion which I would like to get cleared.
While I was traveling in EU, ofcourse my passport was not being stamped, but when I left Sweden for UK, I got an exit stamp on my passport (So far so good).
As I arrived in UK, I asked for transit without visa at the border control which I was allowed. The lady at the immigration counter after some verifications put two stamps on my passport page. One writes: "NVD 40310, Leave to enter for 24 hours" while the other is the UK border control stamp "Immigration Officer, #, date and STANSTED" [It does not says entery or Exit] and when I asked the officer if it is an entry to UK, she said no, we have just allowed you to leave the border control in order to take your connecting flight and its a transit and that you did not enter UK. (Even now, so far, so good)
So when I left the check in counter for Turin at Stansted, confusion begins, I am leaving UK and going EU. I was expecting to meet the passport control officer before I board on the aircraft but I didn't. My passport was not stamped while leaving UK. Quite confused, I arrived the immigration officer at Turin, they confused guy, checked my residence card and passport, discussed with his colleague and handed it over to me. I was once again confused, No stamp again? I walked on but no, something is wring, I walked back and on looking at me coming back, he said.."Oh, yes..give me your passport", and stamped my entry and hence I was legally in EU again.
Since then, I am confused, why they don't stamp the passport while leaving for EU (Stansted) but they do while leaving for UK (Sweden) ? And I have doubts if everything went alright? Did I miss the border control at Stansted? Its not possible i know, then what happened? Is it a normal procedure? But it looks strange.!
Traveling EU to EU with transit in UK
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with a small island in Greece
- 2 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 3 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)
- 4 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 5 Planning to visit Barcelona and Santander in the fall next year
- 6 things in Rhonda
- 7 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 8 Versailles King's Chamber Tour
- 9 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 10 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 11 On the road again - another country roads tour of France.
- 12 A full week in The Netherlands
- 13 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 14 A weekend in Europe--where to go?
- 15 Girona, Spain - Restaurant for a Sunday night
- 16 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 17 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 18 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 19 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 20 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 21 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 22 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 23 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 24 where to buy a LV bag?
- 25 Please help with itinerary for 18 days in Italy.