This is my first ever question here. I am Pakistani passport holder and living in Italy. I am a traveler and recently finished my Euro trip. Turin (Italy)>Barcelona (Spain)>Brussels(Belgium)>Budapest(Hungary)>Paris(France)>Gothenburg(Sweden)>London(UK)>Turin(Italy) and I arrived Italy just today. Here I have a confusion which I would like to get cleared.
While I was traveling in EU, ofcourse my passport was not being stamped, but when I left Sweden for UK, I got an exit stamp on my passport (So far so good).
As I arrived in UK, I asked for transit without visa at the border control which I was allowed. The lady at the immigration counter after some verifications put two stamps on my passport page. One writes: "NVD 40310, Leave to enter for 24 hours" while the other is the UK border control stamp "Immigration Officer, #, date and STANSTED" [It does not says entery or Exit] and when I asked the officer if it is an entry to UK, she said no, we have just allowed you to leave the border control in order to take your connecting flight and its a transit and that you did not enter UK. (Even now, so far, so good)
So when I left the check in counter for Turin at Stansted, confusion begins, I am leaving UK and going EU. I was expecting to meet the passport control officer before I board on the aircraft but I didn't. My passport was not stamped while leaving UK. Quite confused, I arrived the immigration officer at Turin, they confused guy, checked my residence card and passport, discussed with his colleague and handed it over to me. I was once again confused, No stamp again? I walked on but no, something is wring, I walked back and on looking at me coming back, he said.."Oh, yes..give me your passport", and stamped my entry and hence I was legally in EU again.
Since then, I am confused, why they don't stamp the passport while leaving for EU (Stansted) but they do while leaving for UK (Sweden) ? And I have doubts if everything went alright? Did I miss the border control at Stansted? Its not possible i know, then what happened? Is it a normal procedure? But it looks strange.!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 2 Alps Drive
- 3 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 4 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 5 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 6 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 7 First time in Bulgaria
- 8 No Periods in British Written English!
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 St Denis Cathedral
- 11 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 12 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 13 Paris cooking classes
- 14 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 15 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 16 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 17 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 18 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 19 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 20 Praiano
- 21 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 22 Help please
- 23 Funny One Michelin * Mix-Up in France!
- 24 Andalucia itinerary help
- 25 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan