This is my first ever question here. I am Pakistani passport holder and living in Italy. I am a traveler and recently finished my Euro trip. Turin (Italy)>Barcelona (Spain)>Brussels(Belgium)>Budapest(Hungary)>Paris(France)>Gothenburg(Sweden)>London(UK)>Turin(Italy) and I arrived Italy just today. Here I have a confusion which I would like to get cleared.
While I was traveling in EU, ofcourse my passport was not being stamped, but when I left Sweden for UK, I got an exit stamp on my passport (So far so good).
As I arrived in UK, I asked for transit without visa at the border control which I was allowed. The lady at the immigration counter after some verifications put two stamps on my passport page. One writes: "NVD 40310, Leave to enter for 24 hours" while the other is the UK border control stamp "Immigration Officer, #, date and STANSTED" [It does not says entery or Exit] and when I asked the officer if it is an entry to UK, she said no, we have just allowed you to leave the border control in order to take your connecting flight and its a transit and that you did not enter UK. (Even now, so far, so good)
So when I left the check in counter for Turin at Stansted, confusion begins, I am leaving UK and going EU. I was expecting to meet the passport control officer before I board on the aircraft but I didn't. My passport was not stamped while leaving UK. Quite confused, I arrived the immigration officer at Turin, they confused guy, checked my residence card and passport, discussed with his colleague and handed it over to me. I was once again confused, No stamp again? I walked on but no, something is wring, I walked back and on looking at me coming back, he said.."Oh, yes..give me your passport", and stamped my entry and hence I was legally in EU again.
Since then, I am confused, why they don't stamp the passport while leaving for EU (Stansted) but they do while leaving for UK (Sweden) ? And I have doubts if everything went alright? Did I miss the border control at Stansted? Its not possible i know, then what happened? Is it a normal procedure? But it looks strange.!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://quicksupplementfact.com/zymax-male-enhancement/
- 2 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 3 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 4 Cost of Van from CDG
- 5 One Way... trust or bust?
- 6 Walking GPS?
- 7 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 8 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 9 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 10 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 11 Has anyone used AtlasChoice for a car rental?
- 12 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 13 Hi altitude limitations in Switzerland
- 14 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 15 Capri, Amalfi Coast, Naples in late June/early July
- 16 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 17 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 18 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 19 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 20 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 21 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 22 Rome to Cascia - is it better by train or bus?
- 23 Portugal trains
- 24 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 25 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order