This is my first ever question here. I am Pakistani passport holder and living in Italy. I am a traveler and recently finished my Euro trip. Turin (Italy)>Barcelona (Spain)>Brussels(Belgium)>Budapest(Hungary)>Paris(France)>Gothenburg(Sweden)>London(UK)>Turin(Italy) and I arrived Italy just today. Here I have a confusion which I would like to get cleared.
While I was traveling in EU, ofcourse my passport was not being stamped, but when I left Sweden for UK, I got an exit stamp on my passport (So far so good).
As I arrived in UK, I asked for transit without visa at the border control which I was allowed. The lady at the immigration counter after some verifications put two stamps on my passport page. One writes: "NVD 40310, Leave to enter for 24 hours" while the other is the UK border control stamp "Immigration Officer, #, date and STANSTED" [It does not says entery or Exit] and when I asked the officer if it is an entry to UK, she said no, we have just allowed you to leave the border control in order to take your connecting flight and its a transit and that you did not enter UK. (Even now, so far, so good)
So when I left the check in counter for Turin at Stansted, confusion begins, I am leaving UK and going EU. I was expecting to meet the passport control officer before I board on the aircraft but I didn't. My passport was not stamped while leaving UK. Quite confused, I arrived the immigration officer at Turin, they confused guy, checked my residence card and passport, discussed with his colleague and handed it over to me. I was once again confused, No stamp again? I walked on but no, something is wring, I walked back and on looking at me coming back, he said.."Oh, yes..give me your passport", and stamped my entry and hence I was legally in EU again.
Since then, I am confused, why they don't stamp the passport while leaving for EU (Stansted) but they do while leaving for UK (Sweden) ? And I have doubts if everything went alright? Did I miss the border control at Stansted? Its not possible i know, then what happened? Is it a normal procedure? But it looks strange.!
Traveling EU to EU with transit in UK
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel throught Europe
- 2 Please help me give good travel advice
- 3 Where to stay two nights before flying from Heathrow?
- 4 Venice, then ?, then Munich
- 5 2 week France Itinerary Opinions Please
- 6 Macarons!
- 7 Best base for Cinque Terre, Portofino, Rapallo?
- 8 DCC on the increase?
- 9 Help with Greece Itinerary for Honeymoon!
- 10 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 11 How to Buy Fiorentina v Sevilla Football Tickets
- 12 Help with 6 days in Switzerland
- 13 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 14 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 15 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 16 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 17 MADRID AND GRANADA--A Magical Winter Week in Spain
- 18 One night for dinner in Rome
- 19 Hiking Trail in Santorini - Fira to Oia or Oia to Fira???
- 20 Does anyone know how Trenitalia or Trenord list the Vivalto trains?
- 21 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 22 What is your favorite travel app?
- 23 Bernina and Glacier Express routes
- 24 When to buy train tickets to Budapest and Prague from Vienna
- 25 Seville Ronda Nerja Granada: Please critique Andalucia driving itinerary.