This is my first ever question here. I am Pakistani passport holder and living in Italy. I am a traveler and recently finished my Euro trip. Turin (Italy)>Barcelona (Spain)>Brussels(Belgium)>Budapest(Hungary)>Paris(France)>Gothenburg(Sweden)>London(UK)>Turin(Italy) and I arrived Italy just today. Here I have a confusion which I would like to get cleared.
While I was traveling in EU, ofcourse my passport was not being stamped, but when I left Sweden for UK, I got an exit stamp on my passport (So far so good).
As I arrived in UK, I asked for transit without visa at the border control which I was allowed. The lady at the immigration counter after some verifications put two stamps on my passport page. One writes: "NVD 40310, Leave to enter for 24 hours" while the other is the UK border control stamp "Immigration Officer, #, date and STANSTED" [It does not says entery or Exit] and when I asked the officer if it is an entry to UK, she said no, we have just allowed you to leave the border control in order to take your connecting flight and its a transit and that you did not enter UK. (Even now, so far, so good)
So when I left the check in counter for Turin at Stansted, confusion begins, I am leaving UK and going EU. I was expecting to meet the passport control officer before I board on the aircraft but I didn't. My passport was not stamped while leaving UK. Quite confused, I arrived the immigration officer at Turin, they confused guy, checked my residence card and passport, discussed with his colleague and handed it over to me. I was once again confused, No stamp again? I walked on but no, something is wring, I walked back and on looking at me coming back, he said.."Oh, yes..give me your passport", and stamped my entry and hence I was legally in EU again.
Since then, I am confused, why they don't stamp the passport while leaving for EU (Stansted) but they do while leaving for UK (Sweden) ? And I have doubts if everything went alright? Did I miss the border control at Stansted? Its not possible i know, then what happened? Is it a normal procedure? But it looks strange.!
Traveling EU to EU with transit in UK
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 2 Weekend in Norfolk
- 3 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 4 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 5 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 6 Garmisch Partenkirchen : Help pick a guest house/pension
- 7 Bregenz or Lindau
- 8 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 9 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 10 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 11 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 12 Winter in Paris
- 13 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 14 I need some big advice!
- 15 Last full day in Paris - Canal St Martin area.
- 16 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 17 Checking or storing luggage at FCO
- 18 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 19 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 20 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 21 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 22 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 23 Switzerland, Germany, Spain from april 13th to may 7th
- 24 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 25 Best beach town in Italy?