So I am going to be studying abroad in Munich, Germany. I will be studying for two semesters there and don't plan on going home in between semesters because I want to travel around in Europe. Planning on traveling solo but not sure considering I might meet someone else who wants to go along when I get to Germany.
Basically I am hoping that I will be able to hit all (or some) German destinations during the 1st semester and also visit Scandinavia (Sweden and perhaps Norway) during the Christmas break since I have family there.
So to the reason of my post now. From mid-February to mid-March I have a semester break and will hopefully have allocated about 2,000 Euro for traveling after already getting the rail ticket out of the way. Here's what I was thinking for a very basic outline of major cities to hit starting from Munich:
(perhaps ferry to Livorno from Barcelona, maybe train to north Italy)
(ferry to Patra)
-either train along coast to Croatia and back up to Munich or Ferry back to Italy and hit Venice on the way back to Munich
Some quick notes in addition to this rough outline for what I'm looking for advice/help wise from you guys:
1) Any city recommendations would be wonderful and very much appreciated I don't really know what I want to see yet other than I absolutely want to see Amsterdam, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Rome.
2) Is my outline a little too ambitious or possible within a month? I have time after the 2nd semester before I come home to possibly visit some of the other things that I can't fit in
3) Any thing else would be very much appreciated and I would be very grateful!
Let me know if you want me to provide any further information!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 2 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 3 Paris Under Seige...
- 4 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 5 Liberty print dresses in London?
- 6 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 7 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 8 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 9 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 10 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 11 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 12 Private transportation
- 13 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome
- 14 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 15 Oct vs Nov for Greece
- 16 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 17 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 18 Lufth on strike 26-28 nov
- 19 Global Travel Warning...
- 20 WORLD'S TRUSTED NO. 1 SPELL CASTER+27791897218 PROFESSOR SIPHO
- 21 Belgian govt terror alert: Avoid malls, concerts & trains
- 22 Highclere Castle(Downton Abbey) tours, UK
- 23 Advices about our itiniary
- 24 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 25 A week in Burgundy