So I am going to be studying abroad in Munich, Germany. I will be studying for two semesters there and don't plan on going home in between semesters because I want to travel around in Europe. Planning on traveling solo but not sure considering I might meet someone else who wants to go along when I get to Germany.
Basically I am hoping that I will be able to hit all (or some) German destinations during the 1st semester and also visit Scandinavia (Sweden and perhaps Norway) during the Christmas break since I have family there.
So to the reason of my post now. From mid-February to mid-March I have a semester break and will hopefully have allocated about 2,000 Euro for traveling after already getting the rail ticket out of the way. Here's what I was thinking for a very basic outline of major cities to hit starting from Munich:
(perhaps ferry to Livorno from Barcelona, maybe train to north Italy)
(ferry to Patra)
-either train along coast to Croatia and back up to Munich or Ferry back to Italy and hit Venice on the way back to Munich
Some quick notes in addition to this rough outline for what I'm looking for advice/help wise from you guys:
1) Any city recommendations would be wonderful and very much appreciated I don't really know what I want to see yet other than I absolutely want to see Amsterdam, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Rome.
2) Is my outline a little too ambitious or possible within a month? I have time after the 2nd semester before I come home to possibly visit some of the other things that I can't fit in
3) Any thing else would be very much appreciated and I would be very grateful!
Let me know if you want me to provide any further information!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 2 Puglia Experiences
- 3 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 4 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 5 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 6 Help with a git in Alsace
- 7 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 8 Springtime in Luzern (& Rigi, Basel, Zofingen, Rapperswil...)
- 9 Azores - splitting dining bill
- 10 Travel from Portugal to Morocco
- 11 Just beginning to plan trip to Croatia
- 12 Best International Sim Card
- 13 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 14 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 15 Font de Gaume-- what are our chances?
- 16 Where to stop along the way
- 17 Scotland highland/islands agenda-please help, last minute dream trip
- 18 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
- 19 Amsterdam, Brussels, Where Else?
- 20 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 21 Suggestions for our Itinerary for June in Italy
- 22 Choosing cruise excursion activities on Italy stops with kids
- 23 2 nights in Dublin - B&B ideas
- 24 Short (a couple of hours) scenic walks in the north of Wales?
- 25 Fontainebleau - train schedules on a Sunday