So I am going to be studying abroad in Munich, Germany. I will be studying for two semesters there and don't plan on going home in between semesters because I want to travel around in Europe. Planning on traveling solo but not sure considering I might meet someone else who wants to go along when I get to Germany.
Basically I am hoping that I will be able to hit all (or some) German destinations during the 1st semester and also visit Scandinavia (Sweden and perhaps Norway) during the Christmas break since I have family there.
So to the reason of my post now. From mid-February to mid-March I have a semester break and will hopefully have allocated about 2,000 Euro for traveling after already getting the rail ticket out of the way. Here's what I was thinking for a very basic outline of major cities to hit starting from Munich:
(perhaps ferry to Livorno from Barcelona, maybe train to north Italy)
(ferry to Patra)
-either train along coast to Croatia and back up to Munich or Ferry back to Italy and hit Venice on the way back to Munich
Some quick notes in addition to this rough outline for what I'm looking for advice/help wise from you guys:
1) Any city recommendations would be wonderful and very much appreciated I don't really know what I want to see yet other than I absolutely want to see Amsterdam, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Rome.
2) Is my outline a little too ambitious or possible within a month? I have time after the 2nd semester before I come home to possibly visit some of the other things that I can't fit in
3) Any thing else would be very much appreciated and I would be very grateful!
Let me know if you want me to provide any further information!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 2 Bus from montalcino to Firenze
- 3 Another Alhambra Ticket Question
- 4 1 week in Malaga
- 5 Lisbon hotel: Tivoli or Bairro Alto hotels?
- 6 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 7 Where should I go in Spain for 2 weeks? Add Lisbon?
- 8 Looking for a apartment recommendation for Dijon
- 9 Transportation in Bologna
- 10 Amsterdam vs. France
- 11 Where to stay in Dijon, France
- 12 Amsterdam Hotel
- 13 Paris gtg in October?
- 14 Capo d'Orlando
- 15 European Championship
- 16 Edinburgh airport taxi recos?
- 17 Asian food and shopping in Dublin ????
- 18 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 19 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 20 What about Basque Country?
- 21 Greece Itinerary
- 22 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 23 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 24 Ireland ToDo
- 25 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks