So I am going to be studying abroad in Munich, Germany. I will be studying for two semesters there and don't plan on going home in between semesters because I want to travel around in Europe. Planning on traveling solo but not sure considering I might meet someone else who wants to go along when I get to Germany.
Basically I am hoping that I will be able to hit all (or some) German destinations during the 1st semester and also visit Scandinavia (Sweden and perhaps Norway) during the Christmas break since I have family there.
So to the reason of my post now. From mid-February to mid-March I have a semester break and will hopefully have allocated about 2,000 Euro for traveling after already getting the rail ticket out of the way. Here's what I was thinking for a very basic outline of major cities to hit starting from Munich:
(perhaps ferry to Livorno from Barcelona, maybe train to north Italy)
(ferry to Patra)
-either train along coast to Croatia and back up to Munich or Ferry back to Italy and hit Venice on the way back to Munich
Some quick notes in addition to this rough outline for what I'm looking for advice/help wise from you guys:
1) Any city recommendations would be wonderful and very much appreciated I don't really know what I want to see yet other than I absolutely want to see Amsterdam, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Rome.
2) Is my outline a little too ambitious or possible within a month? I have time after the 2nd semester before I come home to possibly visit some of the other things that I can't fit in
3) Any thing else would be very much appreciated and I would be very grateful!
Let me know if you want me to provide any further information!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 If you had to choose one......
- 2 Multi-generational 2 wk spain itinerary?
- 3 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 4 First trip to Italy
- 5 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 6 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 7 Granada to Madrid
- 8 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 9 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 10 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 11 House Hunting in France
- 12 9 days and nights in Switzerland
- 13 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 14 Driving in Italy?
- 15 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 16 BARDENAS REALES, Unesco site and national park in Navarra
- 17 Croatia trip Planning
- 18 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 19 So much to do, so little time!
- 20 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 21 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 22 English Countryside
- 23 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 24 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 25 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas