So I am going to be studying abroad in Munich, Germany. I will be studying for two semesters there and don't plan on going home in between semesters because I want to travel around in Europe. Planning on traveling solo but not sure considering I might meet someone else who wants to go along when I get to Germany.
Basically I am hoping that I will be able to hit all (or some) German destinations during the 1st semester and also visit Scandinavia (Sweden and perhaps Norway) during the Christmas break since I have family there.
So to the reason of my post now. From mid-February to mid-March I have a semester break and will hopefully have allocated about 2,000 Euro for traveling after already getting the rail ticket out of the way. Here's what I was thinking for a very basic outline of major cities to hit starting from Munich:
(perhaps ferry to Livorno from Barcelona, maybe train to north Italy)
(ferry to Patra)
-either train along coast to Croatia and back up to Munich or Ferry back to Italy and hit Venice on the way back to Munich
Some quick notes in addition to this rough outline for what I'm looking for advice/help wise from you guys:
1) Any city recommendations would be wonderful and very much appreciated I don't really know what I want to see yet other than I absolutely want to see Amsterdam, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Rome.
2) Is my outline a little too ambitious or possible within a month? I have time after the 2nd semester before I come home to possibly visit some of the other things that I can't fit in
3) Any thing else would be very much appreciated and I would be very grateful!
Let me know if you want me to provide any further information!
Traveling during Study Abroad
- 1 Overlord Tour Payment Method Not Secure
- 2 Trip to Europe for family of 4
- 3 Car rental for 7, should we get one or two vehicles?
- 4 Visiting Provence for first time - few questions
- 5 flying from Madrid to Barcelona
- 6 Norway in fall?
- 7 Heterogeneous Xmas in Spain
- 8 Late night Mayfair
- 9 Paris-Brussels-Amsterdam 7 days?
- 10 Chip & Pin Only
- 11 Funny questions over the years on Basque Country and Spain
- 12 Advent Season
- 13 best airport to fly out of Paris back to Toronto
- 14 Need help with Itinerary for Spain & France March
- 15 Swiss train travel - why so costly?
- 16 Itinerary Questions
- 17 Amsterdam to Paris Best Route
- 18 A family of 4 - 4 days in Switzerland
- 19 Lucerne to Lausanne Itinerary
- 20 Surely someone has attended the Lyon Festival of Lights--advice please
- 21 Lake Como and Santorini
- 22 New Year in Lisbon, Portugal
- 23 Greece and Spain?- Daughter's HS grad gift
- 24 Barcelona and Costa del Sol
- 25 Esperas vs. Filoterra Villas