So I am going to be studying abroad in Munich, Germany. I will be studying for two semesters there and don't plan on going home in between semesters because I want to travel around in Europe. Planning on traveling solo but not sure considering I might meet someone else who wants to go along when I get to Germany.
Basically I am hoping that I will be able to hit all (or some) German destinations during the 1st semester and also visit Scandinavia (Sweden and perhaps Norway) during the Christmas break since I have family there.
So to the reason of my post now. From mid-February to mid-March I have a semester break and will hopefully have allocated about 2,000 Euro for traveling after already getting the rail ticket out of the way. Here's what I was thinking for a very basic outline of major cities to hit starting from Munich:
(perhaps ferry to Livorno from Barcelona, maybe train to north Italy)
(ferry to Patra)
-either train along coast to Croatia and back up to Munich or Ferry back to Italy and hit Venice on the way back to Munich
Some quick notes in addition to this rough outline for what I'm looking for advice/help wise from you guys:
1) Any city recommendations would be wonderful and very much appreciated I don't really know what I want to see yet other than I absolutely want to see Amsterdam, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Rome.
2) Is my outline a little too ambitious or possible within a month? I have time after the 2nd semester before I come home to possibly visit some of the other things that I can't fit in
3) Any thing else would be very much appreciated and I would be very grateful!
Let me know if you want me to provide any further information!
Traveling during Study Abroad
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu, Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento
- 2 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 3 Traveling to Munich
- 4 Day trips from Marseille
- 5 London tube
- 6 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 7 cooking classes
- 8 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 9 Paris Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe
- 10 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 11 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 12 Zurich, Switzerland
- 13 Day trip from London to Paris
- 14 Europe in 21 days
- 15 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 16 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 17 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 18 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 19 one last portugal car rental question
- 20 Venice
- 21 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 22 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 23 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 24 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 25 A drive in Europe