So I am going to be studying abroad in Munich, Germany. I will be studying for two semesters there and don't plan on going home in between semesters because I want to travel around in Europe. Planning on traveling solo but not sure considering I might meet someone else who wants to go along when I get to Germany.
Basically I am hoping that I will be able to hit all (or some) German destinations during the 1st semester and also visit Scandinavia (Sweden and perhaps Norway) during the Christmas break since I have family there.
So to the reason of my post now. From mid-February to mid-March I have a semester break and will hopefully have allocated about 2,000 Euro for traveling after already getting the rail ticket out of the way. Here's what I was thinking for a very basic outline of major cities to hit starting from Munich:
(perhaps ferry to Livorno from Barcelona, maybe train to north Italy)
(ferry to Patra)
-either train along coast to Croatia and back up to Munich or Ferry back to Italy and hit Venice on the way back to Munich
Some quick notes in addition to this rough outline for what I'm looking for advice/help wise from you guys:
1) Any city recommendations would be wonderful and very much appreciated I don't really know what I want to see yet other than I absolutely want to see Amsterdam, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Rome.
2) Is my outline a little too ambitious or possible within a month? I have time after the 2nd semester before I come home to possibly visit some of the other things that I can't fit in
3) Any thing else would be very much appreciated and I would be very grateful!
Let me know if you want me to provide any further information!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 credit and debit cards
- 2 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 3 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 4 Where to stay in Umbria
- 5 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 6 2 weeks from southern italy
- 7 Mosel & Ahr wine tasting visit for 4 nights
- 8 ENGLAND-SCTOLAND-FRANCE-need help travelling solo
- 9 First Trip to Ireland
- 10 Dalmation coast in October?
- 11 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 12 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 13 Confused on which train pass
- 14 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 15 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 16 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 17 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 18 Best of Norway
- 19 Bus Strike
- 20 Train up the Jungfrau
- 21 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 22 Where to stay in Sorrento/Positano area with family of 5?
- 23 travel around Spain
- 24 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 25 App for restaurants/pubs in the the UK?