So I am going to be studying abroad in Munich, Germany. I will be studying for two semesters there and don't plan on going home in between semesters because I want to travel around in Europe. Planning on traveling solo but not sure considering I might meet someone else who wants to go along when I get to Germany.
Basically I am hoping that I will be able to hit all (or some) German destinations during the 1st semester and also visit Scandinavia (Sweden and perhaps Norway) during the Christmas break since I have family there.
So to the reason of my post now. From mid-February to mid-March I have a semester break and will hopefully have allocated about 2,000 Euro for traveling after already getting the rail ticket out of the way. Here's what I was thinking for a very basic outline of major cities to hit starting from Munich:
(perhaps ferry to Livorno from Barcelona, maybe train to north Italy)
(ferry to Patra)
-either train along coast to Croatia and back up to Munich or Ferry back to Italy and hit Venice on the way back to Munich
Some quick notes in addition to this rough outline for what I'm looking for advice/help wise from you guys:
1) Any city recommendations would be wonderful and very much appreciated I don't really know what I want to see yet other than I absolutely want to see Amsterdam, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Rome.
2) Is my outline a little too ambitious or possible within a month? I have time after the 2nd semester before I come home to possibly visit some of the other things that I can't fit in
3) Any thing else would be very much appreciated and I would be very grateful!
Let me know if you want me to provide any further information!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trek through Eur
- 2 London Hotels
- 3 Paris hotels
- 4 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 5 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 6 Denmark or Sweden?
- 7 We're here!
- 8 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 9 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 10 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 11 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 12 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 13 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 14 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 15 Europe itinerary questions
- 16 Amsterdam hotels
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 19 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 20 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 21 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 22 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 23 Brugge hotel help
- 24 Five night Ireland Trip
- 25 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily