My husband and I will be taking a trip to Germany in Sept 2013. The plan is to fly into Munich and then take a train to Oberammergau. After spending a week in Oberammergau we want to travel by train to Berlin. Any suggestions on the most efficient/economical way to travel to these areas by train would be greatly appreciated. From the other postings regarding train travel, it appears that reserving online and printing out our tickets may be the best way to go. Any thoughts on this are welcome. Finally, does it matter what day of the week we travel regarding the availability of trains? Thanks! PamCVA
Traveling by train in Germany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 2 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 3 Ireland or Scotland
- 4 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 5 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 6 Autumn in Paris
- 7 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 8 Weekend in Norfolk
- 9 Athens at New Years
- 10 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 11 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 12 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 13 Cotswold Churches
- 14 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 15 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 16 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 17 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 18 How much time in Amsterdam?
- 19 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 20 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 21 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 22 Ireland: Which region and where to go? (1st timer)
- 23 London Trip Travel
- 24 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 25 I dream of Europe