My husband and I will be taking a trip to Germany in Sept 2013. The plan is to fly into Munich and then take a train to Oberammergau. After spending a week in Oberammergau we want to travel by train to Berlin. Any suggestions on the most efficient/economical way to travel to these areas by train would be greatly appreciated. From the other postings regarding train travel, it appears that reserving online and printing out our tickets may be the best way to go. Any thoughts on this are welcome. Finally, does it matter what day of the week we travel regarding the availability of trains? Thanks! PamCVA
Traveling by train in Germany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam
- 2 Best day trips from Paris
- 3 Italy tours
- 4 Norway Advice
- 5 Oxford or Cambridge?
- 6 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 7 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 8 Travel insurance, interruption or cancelation?
- 9 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 10 Air France strike
- 11 California touring rock thrash band, France and Italy
- 12 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 13 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 14 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 15 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 16 See You In Minsk
- 17 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 18 Ski to Verbier and Courmayeur, is it possible without a car?
- 19 French 2015 summer school vacation
- 20 BARCELONA: renting a car to Costa Brava
- 21 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 22 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 23 from Munchen train to Romerberg
- 24 Scottish Passport
- 25 Questions About Croatia