My husband and I will be taking a trip to Germany in Sept 2013. The plan is to fly into Munich and then take a train to Oberammergau. After spending a week in Oberammergau we want to travel by train to Berlin. Any suggestions on the most efficient/economical way to travel to these areas by train would be greatly appreciated. From the other postings regarding train travel, it appears that reserving online and printing out our tickets may be the best way to go. Any thoughts on this are welcome. Finally, does it matter what day of the week we travel regarding the availability of trains? Thanks! PamCVA
Traveling by train in Germany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 2 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 3 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 4 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 5 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 6 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 7 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 8 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 9 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 10 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 11 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 12 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 13 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 14 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 15 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 16 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 17 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 18 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 19 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 20 Paris, London, 49ers and Fodors GTG
- 21 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 22 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 23 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 24 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 25 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!