My husband and I will be taking a trip to Germany in Sept 2013. The plan is to fly into Munich and then take a train to Oberammergau. After spending a week in Oberammergau we want to travel by train to Berlin. Any suggestions on the most efficient/economical way to travel to these areas by train would be greatly appreciated. From the other postings regarding train travel, it appears that reserving online and printing out our tickets may be the best way to go. Any thoughts on this are welcome. Finally, does it matter what day of the week we travel regarding the availability of trains? Thanks! PamCVA
Traveling by train in Germany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 2 Air pollution in Paris
- 3 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 4 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 5 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 6 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 7 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 8 France, Italy and Greec
- 9 gites de france or agritourism
- 10 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 11 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 12 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 13 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 14 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 15 Trains in Italy
- 16 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 17 Nice or Marseille??
- 18 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 19 Dresden or Leipzig
- 20 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 21 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 22 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 23 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 24 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 25 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio