My husband and I will be taking a trip to Germany in Sept 2013. The plan is to fly into Munich and then take a train to Oberammergau. After spending a week in Oberammergau we want to travel by train to Berlin. Any suggestions on the most efficient/economical way to travel to these areas by train would be greatly appreciated. From the other postings regarding train travel, it appears that reserving online and printing out our tickets may be the best way to go. Any thoughts on this are welcome. Finally, does it matter what day of the week we travel regarding the availability of trains? Thanks! PamCVA
Traveling by train in Germany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 2 Spain 6 weeks itinerary help
- 3 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 4 Greek Pelion....Homebase? Nice Accommodation?
- 5 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague
- 6 Mâché aux Puces from Garibaldi metro
- 7 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 8 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 9 Easter holidays in Spain, loved it!
- 10 Better to rent a car in Venice or Padua?
- 11 Norway in June with parents.
- 12 Seaplane service
- 13 Honeymoon - skiing in Switzerland and Austria
- 14 Liverpool to London
- 15 Advice on Romania Itinerary
- 16 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 17 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 18 Melissa5 in SWITZERLAND: A Riot of Wildflowers - Berner Oberland June 2010
- 19 2 Nights in the Pyrenees: Driving Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 20 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 21 London - Bar or Club to hear Live Soul/R&B Music
- 22 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 23 What happens to check in bag if I leave country in transit (Germany)
- 24 Bath Hotel - MacDonald Bath Spa or Francis Hotel
- 25 Possible Italy and Paris Itinerary - any thoughts?