My husband and I will be taking a trip to Germany in Sept 2013. The plan is to fly into Munich and then take a train to Oberammergau. After spending a week in Oberammergau we want to travel by train to Berlin. Any suggestions on the most efficient/economical way to travel to these areas by train would be greatly appreciated. From the other postings regarding train travel, it appears that reserving online and printing out our tickets may be the best way to go. Any thoughts on this are welcome. Finally, does it matter what day of the week we travel regarding the availability of trains? Thanks! PamCVA
Traveling by train in Germany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 2 5 days in France-What do we do!?
- 3 Cell phone use in Europe for dummies
- 4 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 5 Bologna: Walk via Arcades to San Luca
- 6 Trans-Siberian Railway
- 7 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 8 Train Madrid-Granada-Seville?
- 9 Belgium - Amsterdam - Dusseldorf
- 10 Input wanted on Budapest to Prague July trip
- 11 Prague symphony - please help me choose 2 seats
- 12 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 13 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 14 Arrive in Paris early am, no check-in/luggage drop until pm. Options?
- 15 8 day May Road Trip - Best of France
- 16 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 17 Help with 3 week Itenarary... Ireland (dublin) & Paris.. possibly London.
- 18 Opera in Prague : Dvorak's Rusalka or Puccini's Tosca
- 19 DB Bahn : Budapest to Prague
- 20 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 21 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 22 Gatwick to Stratford Station
- 23 2-week Central/Eastern Europe itinerary questions
- 24 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 25 Returning Oyster card at Kings Cross rail station in London