My husband and I will be taking a trip to Germany in Sept 2013. The plan is to fly into Munich and then take a train to Oberammergau. After spending a week in Oberammergau we want to travel by train to Berlin. Any suggestions on the most efficient/economical way to travel to these areas by train would be greatly appreciated. From the other postings regarding train travel, it appears that reserving online and printing out our tickets may be the best way to go. Any thoughts on this are welcome. Finally, does it matter what day of the week we travel regarding the availability of trains? Thanks! PamCVA
Traveling by train in Germany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wengen to Torino?
- 2 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 3 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 4 Tentative 2 week itinerary for Paris
- 5 Working Holiday in Germany
- 6 Life Jackets on Gondolas in Venice?
- 7 Current Recs for accommodations near Glencoe
- 8 When to go to Sicily
- 9 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 10 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 11 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 12 Too Ambitious of an Itinerary?
- 13 Lakes District UK
- 14 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 15 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 16 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 17 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 18 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 19 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 20 Transport in Venice
- 21 England & Scotland in April
- 22 How to structure this trip?
- 23 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 24 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 25 Loving Italy: our trip to Rome, San Gimigniano and Venice