My husband and I will be taking a trip to Germany in Sept 2013. The plan is to fly into Munich and then take a train to Oberammergau. After spending a week in Oberammergau we want to travel by train to Berlin. Any suggestions on the most efficient/economical way to travel to these areas by train would be greatly appreciated. From the other postings regarding train travel, it appears that reserving online and printing out our tickets may be the best way to go. Any thoughts on this are welcome. Finally, does it matter what day of the week we travel regarding the availability of trains? Thanks! PamCVA
Traveling by train in Germany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 2 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 3 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 4 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 5 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 6 HELP FLORENCE TO ROME BY CAR WHAT TO DO
- 7 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 8 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 9 Where to stay in Rome
- 10 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 11 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 12 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 13 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 14 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 15 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 16 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 17 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 18 Sicily Suggetions
- 19 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 20 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 21 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 22 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 23 Heathrow Airport Hotel
- 24 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 25 7 days in Greece