I know the topic of Eurail Pass is brought up a lot, but after spending hours on the Internet I still couldn't figure out all the answers to my specific travel plan. Here's all the train trips that I need to take:
Paris CDG - Aix-en-Provence (TGV)
Marseille - Milan
Milan - Venice
Venice - Florence
Florence - Rome
Rome - Paris (night train)
And here are my questions,
1. If I buy a French-Italy Eurail Pass, does that pass work for all the above-mentioned trips?
2. How do I figure out which trips require reservation and which ones don't?
3. For those that require reservation, how do I make reservation in advance?
4. For my specific itinerary, would you recommend me buy a French-Italy Eurail Pass? Or which part I should buy a pass and which part I should buy point-to-point tickets?
Thank you so much!
Traveling by train for my specific itinerary?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Would you recommend Sicily only or Puglia also for a 14-day trip?
- 2 1st time in Paris - apartment advice
- 3 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 4 Pyrenees logistics
- 5 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 6 Italy
- 7 Budget family trip to Europe
- 8 Italy/Austria/Germany/France
- 9 Azores
- 10 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 11 How highly would you prioritize Portugal?
- 12 Honeymoon in the Alps (with skiing)
- 13 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 14 Driving in Italy
- 15 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 16 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 17 Taormina to Palermo
- 18 Spain - car rental, bus or train?
- 19 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 20 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 21 Our first Europe Trip Planning
- 22 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 23 caroline_venezia
- 24 Taormina Sicily
- 25 Alternate base to Frankfurt