We're planning a trip to Spain and Belgium soon and deciding on how much currency to take with us. Would anyone even accept Traveler's checks in american currency or should we take all of our checks in Eurodollars? We're trying to avoid having leftover Eurodollars that we later have to convert to US dollars (when we get back home). Would it be better to have cash for restaurants and shopping, credit cards, or American Express travelers checks? Also, if I only have Eurodollars, will I find a need for Pesetas in Spain or Belgian Francs in Belgium? Thanks for your input
Traveler's Checks in American or Eurodollars?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 2 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 3 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 4 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 5 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 6 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 7 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 8 Fiumicino City Bus Stop Location
- 9 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 10 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 11 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 12 Five nights in Extremadura
- 13 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 14 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 15 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 16 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 17 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 18 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 19 Belarus closes borders with Ukraine - EBOLA alert!
- 20 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 21 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 22 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 23 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 24 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 25 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep