We're planning a trip to Spain and Belgium soon and deciding on how much currency to take with us. Would anyone even accept Traveler's checks in american currency or should we take all of our checks in Eurodollars? We're trying to avoid having leftover Eurodollars that we later have to convert to US dollars (when we get back home). Would it be better to have cash for restaurants and shopping, credit cards, or American Express travelers checks? Also, if I only have Eurodollars, will I find a need for Pesetas in Spain or Belgian Francs in Belgium? Thanks for your input
Traveler's Checks in American or Eurodollars?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 3 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 4 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 5 London neighborhood suggestions
- 6 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 7 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 8 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 9 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 10 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 11 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 12 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 13 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 14 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 15 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 16 Berlin flea markets during the week???
- 17 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 18 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 19 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 20 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 21 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 22 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 23 german rail ticket question
- 24 Tipping in Greece
- 25 Fashion for larger man?