I read somewhere recently, perhaps on a long-lost Fodor posting, that many places in Ireland don't take traveler's checks and that people got stuck using cash, ATMs, credit cards. Does anyone have experience with this? I will be both in Dublin and in small southwestern towns and would like to be prepared.
Travelers Checks a Problem in Ireland?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 2 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 3 Seeking guidance on 14 day first time trip to Ireland
- 4 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 5 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 6 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 7 European neo-nazis head Ukraine to save the white power
- 8 London hotel
- 9 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 10 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 11 Day trip from London to Paris
- 12 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 13 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 14 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 15 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 16 Prague - Tram #22
- 17 hotels in Seville
- 18 Train: Bordeaux to San Sebastian
- 19 Three days in Spain
- 20 Location of hotel in Rome
- 21 Croatia - Hvar or Korcula or both?
- 22 Need advice for this
- 23 Lake como area on motorcycles
- 24 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 25 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?