I read somewhere recently, perhaps on a long-lost Fodor posting, that many places in Ireland don't take traveler's checks and that people got stuck using cash, ATMs, credit cards. Does anyone have experience with this? I will be both in Dublin and in small southwestern towns and would like to be prepared.
Travelers Checks a Problem in Ireland?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 2 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 3 What do you think of this Paris apartment rental?
- 4 Shipping Prosecco
- 5 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 6 Ways to travel from Venice to Bologna
- 7 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 8 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 9 Your favourite places in Bath
- 10 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 11 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 12 Italy and Croatia
- 13 Europe Tour with Kids
- 14 Venice: Vene, Vidi, but not even close to Vici
- 15 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 16 Lakes District UK
- 17 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 18 Kimhe--flamenco
- 19 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 20 My experiences in Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada, Madrid, Segovia & Toledo
- 21 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 22 Life Jackets on Gondolas in Venice?
- 23 Italy 14 days
- 24 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 25 One night Athens-what area to stay in.?