I have read almost all of the posts related to this topic. I have been on the TfL site, the Days Out site (for 2 for 1's) and the National Express site. I have reviewed numerous travel books. I am confused! I understand an Oyster Card does not qualify one to participate in 2 for 1's. I understand that a "paper" rail ticket does. I think I understand that to take advantage of the 2 for 1's the "site" being visited must be visited the same date of travel listed on the rail ticket. I think I understand where to buy the travelcards, at the rail (not the tube) station. My questions (simple to me) are: Is a 7 day travel card available as "paper ticket"? IF yes, can I use to take advantage of 2 for 1's?
Thanks for your help. I will accept all the comments that may or may not be warranted by my inability to process all the information I have read. I am counting on you to set me straight.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 2 4 days each in London and Paris
- 3 A few more questions about Brittany
- 4 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 5 Greece or Spain in late November - December with a baby
- 6 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 7 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 8 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 9 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 10 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 11 Switzerland in September
- 12 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 13 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence
- 14 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 15 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 16 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 17 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 18 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 19 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 20 Positano or Sorrento?
- 21 Paris in November
- 22 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 23 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 24 London Theater
- 25 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)