Hello! I would like to travel to Greece on a budget, and I am wondering whether my plans are feasible. I would like to fly into Athens, leave a couple of days later, and spend at least a week near the beach in Arcadia or Argolida. During that time, I want to see the ruins at Mycenea and Tiryns. Will I be able to make day trips to those sites using public transportation, or should I plan to spend a couple of nights closer to those ruins? After that, I want to head down to see the ancient ruins near Pylos, and from there I want to travel by ferry to Crete. After about a week in Crete, I would like to again travel by sea up to the ancient ruins of Troy over in Turkey. Is it easy or difficult (or impossible) to travel between Greece and Turkey that way? If it is feasible, how much time should I allow for the sea voyage? I wouldn't mind a couple of stops in between Crete and Troy, but that's not mandatory. After that, I was thinking I could spend a day or two in Istanbul and fly home from there--or would it be cheaper to had back to Greece and fly back from Athens?
Travel within Greece and Turkey
- 1 culinary classes in Biarritz/San Sebastian
- 2 Weather's crummy in northern Italy now--suggestions for places
- 3 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 4 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 5 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 6 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 7 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 8 How Long For Santorini?
- 9 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 10 Car rental Italy
- 11 Crete to Sifnos by Ferry?
- 12 Rough itinerary for 14 days in the UK
- 13 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 14 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 15 Prague Itinerary
- 16 A Christmas Store in Paris
- 17 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 18 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 19 London at Xmas
- 20 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 21 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 22 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 23 Zagreb, rental car and Slovenia
- 24 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 25 Northern Italy