Europe Forums

Post New Topic

Recent Activity

View all Europe activity »
  1. 1 Need advice. To Drive or not in Poland
  2. 2 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
  3. 3 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
  4. 4 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
  5. 5 Booking.com trustworthy?
  6. 6 Best Viking Sites
  7. 7 Language to use in Belgium
  8. 8 US AARP discounts in Europe
  9. 9 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
  10. 10 Trip Report Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
  11. 11 Spanish Basque Country Itinerary?
  12. 12 Car Hire Bologna
  13. 13 Sherry Triangle--Where to Stay
  14. 14 San Sebastian Beaches
  15. 15 Trip Report Skiathos 2017
  16. 16 Hiking Tips in Scotland
  17. 17 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
  18. 18 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
  19. 19 SURPRISE TRIP
  20. 20 Rick Steves Pickpocketed in Paris!
  21. 21 Driving in Wales
  22. 22 National Parks near Prague, Budapest, Vienna or Eastern Europe?
  23. 23 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
  24. 24 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
  25. 25 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
View next 25 » Back to the top

Travel Warning for Italy - Should I Go?

Jump to last reply

We have been looking forward to our first trip to Europe next week, a trip to Florence, Rome and Venice. Now I have been alerted to the fact that there is a US Department of State warning for travel to Italy.

Here is the link.

http://travel.state.gov/italy_announce.html

I am torn about whether to go, or to postpone. I won't cancel, we could go next spring, with only a penalty of $100 per airline ticket and no loss of funds from hotel reservations. I am leaning toward postponing. The loss of $200 is woth the peace of mind. Does anyone have advice?

16 Replies |Back to top

Sign in to comment.

Advertisement