Europe Forums

Post New Topic

Recent Activity

  • Announcement:
  • Recent Spam Attacks
    by mkataoka Fodor's Editor | Posted on Nov 28, 16 at 01:31 PM
View all Europe activity »
  1. 1 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
  2. 2 Another tipping question: concierges
  3. 3 Trip Report We're here!
  4. 4 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
  5. 5 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
  6. 6 Versailles tour with evening light show
  7. 7 Trip Report Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
  8. 8 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
  10. 10 Trip Report Escargots in Paris
  11. 11 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
  12. 12 Madrid and Granada in Jan
  13. 13 Malaga City Center Hotels
  14. 14 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
  15. 15 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
  16. 16 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
  17. 17 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
  18. 18 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
  19. 19 Paris: Where to find Steak Tartar and Escargot?
  20. 20 Acropolis Athens
  21. 21 Vacation in Great Britain
  22. 22 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
  23. 23 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
  24. 24 Interesting places to visit
  25. 25 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
View next 25 » Back to the top

Travel Visa Questions

Jump to last reply

So i am fully aware of the rules and regulations of the Schengen Area for Americans (90 Days in 6 Month period). I have done my research on this topic a lot because it is potentially a be a big adjustment to my travels.

My question is that if i can acquire a travel visa for somewhere like France or Spain, for staying outside the 90 day regulations, that visa only allows stay in that individual country outside the 90 day rule RIght??? I had a conversation with a young lady and she said that if you get like a 180 day travel visa for an individual country (in the Schengen Area) that as Americans we are still free to travel within any of the other 26 countries for that whole 180 days (such as being out of the individual country for over 90 days and not be penalized?

P.S. I am aware of the areas outside of the Schengen Area that i am allowed to travel more freely without the 90 day thing hanging over my head, but i would rather not worry at all about outstaying my welcome.

7 Replies |Back to top

Sign in to comment.