I am looking for some advice, we are traveling to Positano this June. There seems to be several ways that we could go. Heres the options so far that I have come across:
Italiarail from Rome to Naples about 1hr , hire private car to drive us to Pompeii on the way to our apartment.
Italiarail from Rome to Salerno about 2 hrs, then ferry into Positano.
Any suggestions or advice?
The suggestion of seeing Pompeii on the way to our apartment was suggested by the private car company. If we decided not to do that, does anyone know what the best way to travel there on a later date would be? Or if that makes since to take any extra day to do Pompeii?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 2 monograms vacation tours
- 3 Trip report: Paris-Bordeaux-Barcelona-Madrid
- 4 Towns around Lucca
- 5 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 6 Thinking about the Fjords
- 7 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 8 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 9 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 10 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 11 Athens Help
- 12 Sicily help
- 13 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 14 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 15 Cork questions
- 16 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 17 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 18 Borghese Gallery Question
- 19 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 20 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 21 London vacation rental agency
- 22 Trains in Italy
- 23 Sim Card
- 24 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 25 Airline to Rome