I am looking for some advice, we are traveling to Positano this June. There seems to be several ways that we could go. Heres the options so far that I have come across:
Italiarail from Rome to Naples about 1hr , hire private car to drive us to Pompeii on the way to our apartment.
Italiarail from Rome to Salerno about 2 hrs, then ferry into Positano.
Any suggestions or advice?
The suggestion of seeing Pompeii on the way to our apartment was suggested by the private car company. If we decided not to do that, does anyone know what the best way to travel there on a later date would be? Or if that makes since to take any extra day to do Pompeii?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 2 Italy with my Teen daughters
- 3 Couscous
- 4 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 5 Majorca 9 days - change hotels during trip?
- 6 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 7 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 8 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 9 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 10 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 11 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 12 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 13 Guided Vatican Tours
- 14 Liverpool, Cardiff & Salisbury - how would you do it?
- 15 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 16 Moscow Favorites
- 17 BA flights canceled until 18:00 local
- 18 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 19 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 20 Ibiiza Spain
- 21 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 22 Cartagena Spain
- 23 3 nights in Madrid
- 24 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 25 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK