I was wondering if anyone can confidently inform me about the rules regarding traveling around Europe before beginning a study abroad program with a study visa.
I will be doing an exchange through my master's program in Spain, and am in the nightmare process of attaining a Spanish study visa from the consulate in Miami.
My partner is Italian, and I will be staying in Italy with him for the next 7 weeks as a tourist. Then I will return home for a couple weeks (hopefully to pick up my visa), and will re-enter Europe.
I was planning to fly into Italy in early August and stay with him for another month before starting my program in Barcelona. However, I understand this means that I will be stamped as a tourist, and will not have another opportunity to have my Spanish visa stamped since there are no immigration procedures when traveling between Italy and Spain.
So, do I need to leave the Schengen zone between going from Italy to Spain in order to get the study visa stamped by arriving on an international flight into Spain? To avoid the cost of this, has anyone simply gone to an immigration office purposely when arriving the country of study, to be officially stamped in?
Would it be more advisable to first fly into Spain when I return in early August, get the student visa stamped, spend a few days to get my residency or to establish myself there, and then fly back to Italy to spend the month with him, as part of travel days allotted under my student visa?
I also read something somewhere about only 5 travel days in other Schengen countries being allowed for study visas - I assume this means prior to getting stamped and landing in your study country, and not throughout the entire period of study, because that would be pretty stingy!
If anyone has done anything similar and can inform me, I'd greatly appreciate it!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 2 정선카지노사이트⋞✸「/ SP4.ZE.AM /」✸⋟정선카지노사이트
- 3 마닐라카지노사이트⋞✱「/ SP4.ZE.AM /」✱⋟마닐라카지노사이트
- 4 London: Travel Alert for Kings Cross Station!
- 5 플러스카지노사이트⋞✡「/ SP4.ZE.AM /」✡⋟플러스카지노사이트
- 6 타짜카지노사이트⋞☣「/ SP4.ZE.AM /」☣⋟타짜카지노사이트
- 7 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 8 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 9 Via del Sale, Italy
- 10 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 11 "Never Mind"
- 12 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 13 Day Planning Help Required ..
- 14 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 15 Italy/Croatia Potential Itinerary Advice?
- 16 Barcelona
- 17 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 18 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 19 Germany family road trip help!
- 20 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 21 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 22 Route/guide book request for Italy
- 23 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 24 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 25 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
Travel to Italy prior to study abroad in Spain, Study Visa