We will be in London for 2 weeks in July and one of our day trips will be to see Chatsworth. I can no longer find a guided tour. We have been talked out of renting a car (since we're from the states). So it looks like a train to Chesterfield and then a bus, or perhaps a taxi. I got nice prompt replies and a bus schedule from both Chatsworth and Chesterfield but I'd like some feedback from someone who's actually done this. Anyone out there? I am determined to get there; being a Texas girl with little to no experience with trains and coach/bus travel, I'm a little daunted by the long-distance planning! So who has traveled to Chatsworth from London via public transport? Any thoughts/advice?
Travel to Chatsworth
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 TGV and Provence questions
- 3 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 4 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 5 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 6 Italian Lakes gardens
- 7 Greek islands from Turkey
- 8 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 9 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 10 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 11 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 12 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 13 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 14 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 15 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 16 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 17 Madrid to Sevilla
- 18 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 19 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 20 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 21 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 22 First time traveler to Ireland
- 23 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 24 Euro Train
- 25 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg