We will be in London for 2 weeks in July and one of our day trips will be to see Chatsworth. I can no longer find a guided tour. We have been talked out of renting a car (since we're from the states). So it looks like a train to Chesterfield and then a bus, or perhaps a taxi. I got nice prompt replies and a bus schedule from both Chatsworth and Chesterfield but I'd like some feedback from someone who's actually done this. Anyone out there? I am determined to get there; being a Texas girl with little to no experience with trains and coach/bus travel, I'm a little daunted by the long-distance planning! So who has traveled to Chatsworth from London via public transport? Any thoughts/advice?
Travel to Chatsworth
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What do you think of this Paris apartment rental?
- 2 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 3 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 4 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 5 Rental car scams in Italy
- 6 Rome Areas to stay
- 7 Italy - Month of July
- 8 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 9 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 10 Is this the right way<>?
- 11 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 12 Autumn in Paris
- 13 Europe Tour with Kids
- 14 Has anyone every used a company called Portugal Trails
- 15 St Germain
- 16 22 days or DIY tour
- 17 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 18 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 19 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 20 England & Scotland in April
- 21 Your favourite places in Bath
- 22 17days Italy itinerary for Dec
- 23 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 24 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 25 Shipping Prosecco