We will be in London for 2 weeks in July and one of our day trips will be to see Chatsworth. I can no longer find a guided tour. We have been talked out of renting a car (since we're from the states). So it looks like a train to Chesterfield and then a bus, or perhaps a taxi. I got nice prompt replies and a bus schedule from both Chatsworth and Chesterfield but I'd like some feedback from someone who's actually done this. Anyone out there? I am determined to get there; being a Texas girl with little to no experience with trains and coach/bus travel, I'm a little daunted by the long-distance planning! So who has traveled to Chatsworth from London via public transport? Any thoughts/advice?
Travel to Chatsworth
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 2 Wedding in Italy
- 3 Recs for Dublin B&B?
- 4 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 5 travel to western Europe from India
- 6 I went to Paris in June
- 7 Where to spend 4-5 days in Moselle valley
- 8 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 9 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 10 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 11 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 12 I'm in a funk
- 13 Honeymoon in Greece - Athens, Mykonos, Santorini
- 14 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 15 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 16 Paris with kids - a whirlwind even with 9 days!
- 17 :"Europe's Masterworks Vs. the Masses"
- 18 stop in lisboa or not
- 19 Santorini accomodations and more for a couple and baby
- 20 One week in Ireland itinerary
- 21 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 22 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 23 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 24 wineries near Ronda
- 25 Mid 20's first time in Paris - where to stay?!