We will be in London for 2 weeks in July and one of our day trips will be to see Chatsworth. I can no longer find a guided tour. We have been talked out of renting a car (since we're from the states). So it looks like a train to Chesterfield and then a bus, or perhaps a taxi. I got nice prompt replies and a bus schedule from both Chatsworth and Chesterfield but I'd like some feedback from someone who's actually done this. Anyone out there? I am determined to get there; being a Texas girl with little to no experience with trains and coach/bus travel, I'm a little daunted by the long-distance planning! So who has traveled to Chatsworth from London via public transport? Any thoughts/advice?
Travel to Chatsworth
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 2 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 3 Can't choose between Seville and Granada!
- 4 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 5 Scotland
- 6 itinerary help
- 7 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 8 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 9 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 10 Toulouse and beyond -
- 11 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 12 Estonia Amber
- 13 7 days in Greece
- 14 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 15 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 16 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 17 Bergamo/Bellagio - suggestions?
- 18 Reims for a day
- 19 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 20 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 21 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 22 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 23 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 24 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 25 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!