Hi Everyone, I am planning a trip to spain and portugal with the idea of flying to Lisbon from Dubai (where I live) with a large family 6 adults and 2 children hire a large car (I prefer SUV's -dont know if you get any there) and then drive from Lisbon to Madrid taking a scenic country route. I am planning a 2 week trip starting from dec 10th with spending christmas in Madrid and then flying back around 27th. I have never been to this part of europe so it will be my first trip to portugal and spain. Lots of drving experience and though and used to driving over 2000Kms in a trip. I am an avid camper but with family arund not sure if it is a great idea. Any tips on dates, route planning, and stay would be good as I am still in the planning stage and have the option to book as per a final plan, suggestions?
Travel through spain
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 2 Granada
- 3 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 4 Romantic Greece and Exciting Turkey : 2011 Trip Report
- 5 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 6 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 7 All Set To Go!!
- 8 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 9 A Sardinia trip report
- 10 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 11 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 12 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 13 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 14 First time Ireland trip
- 15 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 16 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 17 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 18 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 19 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 20 Renfe planning strike December 26th
- 21 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 22 22 year olds in Europe
- 23 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 24 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 25 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?