Hi Everyone, I am planning a trip to spain and portugal with the idea of flying to Lisbon from Dubai (where I live) with a large family 6 adults and 2 children hire a large car (I prefer SUV's -dont know if you get any there) and then drive from Lisbon to Madrid taking a scenic country route. I am planning a 2 week trip starting from dec 10th with spending christmas in Madrid and then flying back around 27th. I have never been to this part of europe so it will be my first trip to portugal and spain. Lots of drving experience and though and used to driving over 2000Kms in a trip. I am an avid camper but with family arund not sure if it is a great idea. Any tips on dates, route planning, and stay would be good as I am still in the planning stage and have the option to book as per a final plan, suggestions?
Travel through spain
View all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Week European Itinerary
- 2 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 3 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 4 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 5 More help with housing in Puglia
- 6 How much time to allow from ETA at LHR for car service booking?
- 7 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 8 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 9 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 10 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 11 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 12 TGV and Provence questions
- 13 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 14 Dresden Train Station
- 15 Family European winter holiday
- 16 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 17 rent car / Munich
- 18 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 19 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 20 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 21 To Paris and Provence in June
- 22 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 23 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 24 Channel Islands
- 25 question for bank of montreal customers - withdrawing in paris/europe