I will be traveling to Europe for the first time this summer, and I have some questions regarding air travel and a few misc. items! I will be traveling from Boston to Madrid and then taking the bus to Salamanca. From there we will travel from Madrid to London. I may possibly take a one or two day trip from London to Copenhagen or Oslo, on my way back to Boston.
1- I've read about people sending postcards to themselves from each place they visit...I love this idea! If I purchase international stamps here at the post office, is it pretty easy to find a mailbox and send a postcard from London or Spain?
2- I have been looking in to souvenir options for family and friends, and a few requests I've had were for chocolate, and olive oil from Spain. Does anyone know if there are any airline restrictions on food and beverages? Would my luggage need to be checked in order to transport these items back to the US?
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Restaurants
- 2 Corsica
- 3 17 days in England
- 4 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 5 VENICE
- 6 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 7 London best location
- 8 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 9 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 10 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 11 Transportation Tips/Advice for Spain (itinerary included)
- 12 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 13 An Introduction to French Wines...
- 14 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 15 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 16 Scandinavian itinerary sanity check
- 17 travel around Spain
- 18 Train up the Jungfrau
- 19 credit and debit cards
- 20 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 21 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 22 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 23 CDG to Marais transfer
- 24 Train from Charles de Gaulle
- 25 Italy Trip Report