I will be traveling to Europe for the first time this summer, and I have some questions regarding air travel and a few misc. items! I will be traveling from Boston to Madrid and then taking the bus to Salamanca. From there we will travel from Madrid to London. I may possibly take a one or two day trip from London to Copenhagen or Oslo, on my way back to Boston.
1- I've read about people sending postcards to themselves from each place they visit...I love this idea! If I purchase international stamps here at the post office, is it pretty easy to find a mailbox and send a postcard from London or Spain?
2- I have been looking in to souvenir options for family and friends, and a few requests I've had were for chocolate, and olive oil from Spain. Does anyone know if there are any airline restrictions on food and beverages? Would my luggage need to be checked in order to transport these items back to the US?
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 2 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 3 celticmoon, a quick question
- 4 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 5 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 6 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 7 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 8 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 9 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 10 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 11 B&B in Ireland
- 12 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 13 Europe First Timers
- 14 Rome or Venice first
- 15 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 16 Trains in Italy
- 17 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 18 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 20 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 21 Greek Village
- 22 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 23 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 24 Apartment Montreux area
- 25 Please help with hotels in Seville